• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soundchaser

Oct 25, 2017
I can't access Resetera on Beeline ISP, tracert timeouts at cat05.Moscow.gldn.net. Is there a way to fix this without changing my ISP or using a VPN?

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
I tried to enter my PSN name in my contact details but it says it's not in the "required format"? What is the required format for PSN name? My Xbox and twitter ones went straight in.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Fiction
HaHAHA I just saw your LastPass troubles and..
I too was trying to be secure for the first time using LastPass to prep for this transition and managed to get locked out of TWO important email accounts and had to jump through a few hoops to recover them. (LastPass doesn't save the symbols it generates apparently???!!!)
I will never trust LastPass' auto generate and auto saving features again. Nervewracking. lol

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Fiction
I too was trying to be secure for the first time using LastPass to prep for this transition and managed to get locked out of TWO important email accounts and had to jump through a few hoops to recover them. (LastPass doesn't save the symbols it generates apparently???!!!)
I will never trust LastPass' auto generate and auto saving features again. Nervewracking. lol

Haha yeah it was awful. I still use it but damn save my shit lastpass holy cow

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So in a few days when things slow down I'm gonna copy a small (in terms of community size) OT I did, update it a bit and put it here.

On the other forum the new OTs would go up in the discussion section to gain some traction before eventually going to community. Is this also the case here?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big dumb idiot when it comes to photo editing and whatnot, so I'm wondering why my avatar seems blurry (or maybe I'm crazy and my work monitor sucks).

I tried to use something over 200 x 200 like the site suggests, but it was way over the 50 KB limit. So I brought the size down to get under 50 KB, but it doesn't look sharp to me.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread, hopefully I didn't overlook an avatar specific thread.

This is the source image, not sure if that's causing it: https://imgur.com/a/fUqKW

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big dumb idiot when it comes to photo editing and whatnot, so I'm wondering why my avatar seems blurry (or maybe I'm crazy and my work monitor sucks).

I tried to use something over 200 x 200 like the site suggests, but it was way over the 50 KB limit. So I brought the size down to get under 50 KB, but it doesn't look sharp to me.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread, hopefully I didn't overlook an avatar specific thread.

This is the source image, not sure if that's causing it: https://imgur.com/a/fUqKW
See if this 200x200 scales better in your profile:

aMInH0R.jpg

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I have a bunch of friends who were on the certain site that cannot be named, but weren't part of any discord groups. When can they register? They've been bugging me about it all day haha.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Yo some people who signed up never got their email for confirmation and they checked spam.

Others it went fine for.

What should the people that never got a confirmation email do?
This happened to me, and I changed my email to a gmail account. It resent the confirmation email successfully when I changed it (it never asked for the code again, assuming because I had already entered it when originally singing up?) - it did still take about 30 minutes for it to show up though. Maybe they can try doing that?

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
This has probably been asked...but can we get a dark theme? This light theme is cancer to my eyes.

Also, is there a chance we can get a refresh button or "go to top/go to bottom" button in threads?

Sorry, I miss those features from the old place.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
In watched threads how can I set it to show all as default instead of clicking "show all watched threads"? Thanks.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How do we pronounce resetera?

I first thought it was Reset Era, then I saw the EctEra forum, and now I say it just like I'd say 'etc', just starting with "REEEE"

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
If I wanted to ask something to a mod but not sure witch mod is online at that moment, is their a way to see who is actively online right now or any other suggestion on how to best do this?
Thanks everyone

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Also curious if there's a reload for threads? I love the alerts but to read any other posts I just have to reload the page in my browser on mobile

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Question: does BOTW have an OT because I searched but didn't find one and there should be. Plenty of people still playing and DLC still to come.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fiction
It does save generated passwords IF you click "Use" (or whatever). Not if you just generate, manually copy it and close the generate dialog.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only having having trouble with the site on Chrome? Pop-ups won't display (so I can't for example change my avatar, or watch a thread without posting in it), spoiler tags won't open, weird minor stuff like that. Literally every single other site has worked just fine, and ERA works fine on Firefox and Vivaldi.

e: looks like my custom script extension breaks the jquery on the site. Or something. Damn it.

Last edited:

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Idk if I'm alone with this...but I have a tendency to highlight text while reading (double clicking), and I keep highlighting text on my own post which forces me to edit it. Is there a way I could remove that option, or is that just something I should get used to avoiding?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Idk if I'm alone with this...but I have a tendency to highlight text while reading (double clicking), and I keep highlighting text on my own post which forces me to edit it. Is there a way I could remove that option, or is that just something I should get used to avoiding?

Hahah, I just ran into this problem myself.

I don't think there's much we can do, unfortunately.

ChristMustDie

Oct 26, 2017
Ah okay. Dang. Yeah, I don't think it will generate the same password I've been logged in since like, 6. :/ Hopefully it keeps me logged in here at least. No mobile Era for me!
What was your solution to this? My LassPass did the exact same thing... I'm considering changing my password manager for something else entirely because of this rubbish :(

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
What was your solution to this? My LassPass did the exact same thing... I'm considering changing my password manager for something else entirely because of this rubbish :(

I fixed it by using the forgot password prompt. It took a bit for the email to get to me, but it finally did. I was able to change my password.

I don't have a fix for the autogeneration not saving though :(

ChristMustDie

Oct 26, 2017
I fixed it by using the forgot password prompt. It took a bit for the email to get to me, but it finally did. I was able to change my password.

I don't have a fix for the autogeneration not saving though :(
Ah, I've tried doing that but it keeps asking for a CAPTCHA thing that doesn't ever appear. Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate your help!