• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
How do I post an image? ...I keep getting the broke/no image link thingy.

gT8Xv2jNdF8y4W282

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
Two questions: 1. Do posts have character limits? 2. Is there a way to have new posts default to the simple text editor instead of rich? I'm just used to the simplified format.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone remember what happened with Tesseract? I think they requested a ban back on neogaf right? I miss Tesseract.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone give me some advice on what size to make a banner image for an OT? Want it to look good on mobile and desktop.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
How do I post an image? ...I keep getting the broke/no image link thingy.

gT8Xv2jNdF8y4W282

I've been seeing a lot of people having this problem.You have to actually get the link to only the image itself. So if one uses the link for an Imgur album (link has "/a/" on it), for example, then it won't work.

For your image I had to click on the image, then right click it > open in a new tab, and only then copy the link.

WwNUU8PgoxbU44NU3UoHT_H060QNcBVwdSWEteQFldTF9INCWG2RbMVH6SYgxYJnNIf5BpjsBQWZfNV1JSdrQRgKOqHUSePdxe84vKW4ZbDSeTVwcDCQ4IfPG7D1mrK1zmf3k1xp=w700-h480-no

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folks, there are several from the Crypto community that would love to join up on this forum. I was told they are not part of the "official" discord channels--- how can we get them invited to this board? Discord channel: https://discord.gg/Bqbg9Nb . thanks!

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Why does resetera seem so much more readable on mobile than on desktop? Is there a font difference between the two?
Especially with italicized words.. they look plain ugly on desktop

Here is a screenshot of desktop and similar phone one, both using firefox bc i am loyal and true!
Desktop (kinda weird jagged ugliness):
uglttext_by_meibatsu-dbrrqpv.jpg

vs phone (pleasant):
screenshot_20171026_094653_by_meibatsu-dbrrqpy.png

HOW DO I GET WHAT THE PHONE'S GETTING!

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone remember what happened with Tesseract? I think they requested a ban back on neogaf right? I miss Tesseract.
I don't remember exactly, but Tesseract made a bunch of horrible posts in a short time and got banned.

When will more people be able to join? There are news stories in the gaming press right now and a lot of people would like to join.

DL Clyde

Oct 25, 2017
Can we 'like' posts? I see at my profile it says "likes you've received" (I have none *cries*) but I don't see an option to like someone's post.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just a quick policy question. If I'd like to create a thread about last.fm and have people share their user names, do I automatically make it a "community"/hangout thread, or would it be okay to just post it in Etc proper?

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone made a post that goes over all the cool new things this more modern forumcode can do?

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing a lot of people having this problem.You have to actually get the link to only the image itself. So if one uses the link for an Imgur album (link has "/a/" on it), for example, then it won't work.

For your image I had to click on the image, then right click it > open in a new tab, and only then copy the link.

WwNUU8PgoxbU44NU3UoHT_H060QNcBVwdSWEteQFldTF9INCWG2RbMVH6SYgxYJnNIf5BpjsBQWZfNV1JSdrQRgKOqHUSePdxe84vKW4ZbDSeTVwcDCQ4IfPG7D1mrK1zmf3k1xp=w700-h480-no

Ah, gotcha'. Thanks alot!

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo some people who signed up never got their email for confirmation and they checked spam.

Others it went fine for.

What should the people that never got a confirmation email do?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone on the mod staff have access to higher resolution versions of the ResetEra logo? I could use a higher resolution version for reasons pertaining to a WrassleGAF community event.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sorry if this has been answered but.. is there any way to subscribe to a thread and have it not disappear under "Watched Threads" when there aren't any new posts? I like to quickly access the threads I want to see, regardless of if there are unread messages.

Thanks

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Sorry if this has been answered but.. is there any way to subscribe to a thread and have it not disappear under "Watched Threads" when there aren't any new posts? I like to quickly access the threads I want to see, regardless of if there are unread messages.

Thanks

On that page there should be something that says "there may be more to view". Click it. You'll see all threads.

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Ah okay. Dang. Yeah, I don't think it will generate the same password I've been logged in since like, 6. :/ Hopefully it keeps me logged in here at least. No mobile Era for me!
This isn't a question, I just saw the avatar and then the username and had to say that I am so happy to see you are back!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this has been answered but due to the nature of the question... how do I search threads? It's probably obvious and I'm missing it. Like search JUST in one thread.

Deleted member 7079

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will there be a dark theme or at least darker font colors for increased legibility and eye comfort? There is a lot of light-ish gray in the current layout that makes the page just uncomfortable to read. I felt this way last night browsing on my 4K TV and today on a 1080p monitor.

I think the font for the text in posts has an aliasing issue, maybe because it's too thin or light colored... not sure but it's definitely not as crisp and smooth as the text on other websites.

Last edited:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
If someone quotes you in a thread not on your watch list, do you still get a notification?

please quote me so I can test this

less

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions: 1. Do posts have character limits? 2. Is there a way to have new posts default to the simple text editor instead of rich? I'm just used to the simplified format.

The character limit should be around 19,000 characters.

Is it possible to get 100 posts per page? I can't find the settings.

Not yet.

Why does resetera seem so much more readable on mobile than on desktop? Is there a font difference between the two?
Especially with italicized words.. they look plain ugly on desktop

Here is a screenshot of desktop and similar phone one, both using firefox bc i am loyal and true!
Desktop (kinda weird jagged ugliness):

vs phone (pleasant):

HOW DO I GET WHAT THE PHONE'S GETTING!

The fonts are the same on desktop and mobile. The difference you are seeing is mainly a result of two main factors...the pixels per inch of the screens you are using and the font rendering of the two OSes.Windows 10 and Android render fonts different. These different rendering systems lead to differences in how you see text. I generally dislike Windows 10 font rendering...at least in comparison to say Linux with the latest Freetype or MacOS. For this situation the biggest factor is the difference ppi you have on each screen. The more ppi there is the more pixels can be used to define the shape of whatever you see on-screen especially text leading to greater detail and sharpness. Generally, mobile phones these days have considerable ppi. Anywhere between 200 ppi to 400+ ppi. This leads to an incredible text clarity. On a desktop monitor...the ppi is far less. A 1080p monitor might have a ppi of between 80 to 92 ppi depending on the screen size. If you want to improve desktop font rendering...you can tackle this with two methods...one is on the software side by using a program such as Mactype which will attempt to improve Windows' font rendering. It isn't perfect but it is a step in the right direction. Another option, better and more expensive, is to get a screen with a higher ppi. A 1440p will give you a much better ppi depending on the size of the screen you get. A 4k monitor will be an even greater step up with a 27inch monitor giving you a ppi of around 160. I'm personally using a 24inch 4k monitor which gives me a ppi of around 180ppi and am loving how text looks. But this option is expensive.

Can we 'like' posts? I see at my profile it says "likes you've received" (I have none *cries*) but I don't see an option to like someone's post.

The option is disabled at the moment.

If someone quotes you in a thread not on your watch list, do you still get a notification?

please quote me so I can test this

Yes.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to turn off the auto-jump to the middle of the thread when clicking the title? I prefer to go to the top of page 1 when clicking the title itself.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to register with my ISP email when setting up the account, but I never received a verification mail and was forced to change it to my Gmail. Will I be forced to change it to the ISP mail later on or can I keep the Gmail?

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Watched threads don't really serve the same purpose as I used Subscriptions for on GAF, which was to basically keep bookmarks of threads I checked often and be able at a glance to tell if one had been updated. Is there anything like this available?

The only difference is that the Watched list only shows threads with new posts in them.
To see them all, click "There may be more to see"

Is it possible to get 100 posts per page? I can't find the settings.

This is a site-wide setting, the idea being that you can link to a page, or tell someone to check out page 20 or whatever, and for it to be the same for everyone.

Admin has turned off likes. A shame - I think they're great in my experience with other Xenforo forums.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to turn off the auto-jump to the middle of the thread when clicking the title? I prefer to go to the top of page 1 when clicking the title itself.

Unfortunately, no. What you can do is click on the thread start date, on the desktop version, which will always take you to first post.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Anyone find changing their Avatar is weird? Nothing happens but yet when I press cancel the avatar shows up.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
How is the policy on creating OTs without a community? I would love to revive my Hue OT, but its a very niche community and I think the thread wont survive on Hangouts.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if this was asked before but I didn't see it... Does the site have any ads?
I'm not using adblock, but I don't see any. Is it a location thing for now?