• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Do we currently have spoiler tags? And if so, how do we use them? Thanks again for the site & for your miraculous good work, by the way!

Yes. You can either type out the spoiler tag bbcode as in neogaf or in the reply box select the "+" symbol. That will bring up a list of various bbcodes you can use such as the spoiler tag.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
is there a way to have our posts highlighted? Was very nice on mobile to scroll through and pick up where i left off. Thanks!

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming proper use of images is using them quotes? Any luck of having /gif or /giphy integration in the future?

less

Oct 25, 2017

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
is there a way to have our posts highlighted? Was very nice on mobile to scroll through and pick up where i left off. Thanks!

It's being looked into.

Is there a way to quote or multi quote without having to actually click "insert quote" at the bottom?

At this point that is the only way.

How do you edit in a quoted post to your existing post?

Not sure what you mean here? You can just delete parts of a quote. Or you can highlight part of a post and quote that section.

How do you post an image? I tried putting the url in the image selection in the body of a post, but nothing happens.

You can copy and paste an image directly into a post. Or you can click the image button at the top of the quick reply box and enter the URL.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a problem where ResetERA doesn't like to open new tabs? Is there something going with that or is it a thing with Stylish?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Yes. You can either type out the spoiler tag bbcode as in neogaf or in the reply box select the "+" symbol. That will bring up a list of various bbcodes you can use such as the spoiler tag.

Thank you!

What's with the signatures check box in prefs?

We're bringing back animated signatures. Get your Pokemon Trainer Cards & Linkin Park quotes ready now!

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are the main forum tabs expected to be inserted into the black header bar? Right now every page has different options there so it's rather inconsistent for browsing.

less

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the signatures check box in prefs?

Option to choose between viewing signatures or not. Signatures haven't been allowed for use so the option is pointless atm.

I'm having a problem where ResetERA doesn't like to open new tabs? Is there something going with that or is it a thing with Stylish?

Probably something on your end. Check with a different browser to see if the problem persists.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This time I have a question rather than a problem. When are we supposed to switch our free emails to paid emails?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
is there any way to stop your posts from going to the edit page if you double click on the text?

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone get Bish to stop by? I want to see him ban someone for old time's sake

RoscoeFats

Oct 25, 2017
How do I add this to my home screen on Android? The Add to Home Screen option seems to have disappeared from Chrome.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Question: I had lastpass generate me a password and it didn't save. Am I safe to try and generate a 'forgot my password' request? Can't do it on mobile and don't want to log out if I can't get back in :p
Same thing happened to me. Used my phone to send a Forgot Password email and was able to put in a new password done by LastPass and this time it saved. But just in case, copy the generated password and make sure it saves.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I not able to post a pic directly from my laptop? Do I have to host it first?

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw some screenshots of a dark theme, is that actually an option now or was it just a mock up? If it is an option, where in the preferences is it?

less

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to hide images? If not, is this something that could be implemented in the future?

No way to hide images atm.

Basically, I've made my post but I want to quote another post and edit it into the post I've already made. I think making it more complicated than it was.

Just hit reply on a post you want to quote. Copy the entire quote text that appears in the reply box. Then edit your post and paste the copied quote for the easiest method of doing this.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Apologize if this has been answered already, but what's the deal with some gifs being a red X. Is it on my side or a Reset quirk? Is there a gif size limit?

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are y'all planning to go back to pick up the rest? Some are still over there. Is the paid email regisration fixed? When will the new influx be? Thanks in advance.

Oct 25, 2017
The Watched Threads truncates and hides threads if they aren't recently updated. Is it possible to turn this off? I want to always see a list of all my subscriptions and not have it auto-hide ones that are only an hour old without a post.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I saw some screenshots of a dark theme, is that actually an option now or was it just a mock up? If it is an option, where in the preferences is it?

Not an official resetera theme but remz did make a css stylesheet for this site. You can user a browser extension such as stylish/stylus to use it. Visit this thread for more info:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-unofficial-dark-theme.807/unread

Am I not able to post a pic directly from my laptop? Do I have to host it first?

Yes, you will have to host the images first.

DLH

Oct 25, 2017
My question is what we call ourselves now that we're not gaffers. Resetters? Resettlers? Eraers? Reseterans?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Also looking for the answer why some gifs show up as broken links even if they display properly whole creating or editing a thread. Have an OT I ported over and the gifs don't work.

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, I don't think so.

That's a real bummer. What happens if a thread I am watching is updated and I haven't seen the update? It just gets pushed off? And, it only shows the most recent 4? I was going to write myself an app that I used to have on the old site that did a lot of stuff with subscriptions, but I need that page to show them all :(

Oct 25, 2017
If your avatar has artifacts or compression, resize it to 96x96 pixels, not 200x200. Otherwise the board software compresses it to shit when next to your post.

less

Oct 25, 2017
That's a real bummer. What happens if a thread I am watching is updated and I haven't seen the update? It just gets pushed off? And, it only shows the most recent 4? I was going to write myself an app that I used to have on the old site that did a lot of stuff with subscriptions, but I need that page to show them all :(

Yes, it will get pushed off after a certain amount of time I believe. Also, it shows more than the most recent 4. Not sure if a limit exists but I imagine as many that you have't read and are within the time limit.