• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
Looking forward to having this on the TV all day in the background.

EDIT: Reposting livestream link for new page:

Last edited:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Watching it now with Firefox's PiP function, perfect for something like this.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
Interesting that the campers were turned away on the causeway, presumably that wouldn't have been in the plot pre-COVID if they were planning on having the general public visit during the live event and essentially play festival goers.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Is this all going to be fixed perspective or is the camera going to mvoe about?

Edit: Also I love how shit of a day it is today, really sells the tone of the show.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Haha Jude looks like he wants to give up.

It's been months and he still doesn't have new shoes. Poor bloke.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
This has been quite the watch, got to go to bed, there better be an archive of the stream!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a place following this that's keeping track of what happened? I'm having a hard time following the narrative. Did they just bake a talisman into some bread?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Now the 5h22m archive video is up in place of the livestream. Maybe it'll pick up later? Or maybe that's it?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Sam supposed to be their leader now? Why are they still torturing him?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this only on Facebook and not HBO Max? I tuned in for the dudes sitting on poles in the water...eh, I've seen enough.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, uh, they just killed Jude Law. I think?
The grave he was digging earlier ended up being his own. They just dumped him into it.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I've been popping in and out during the day which means I feel like I've missed some big developments. I really hope someone puts together a highlights/summary video after all this. It's been kind of cool just seeing what's going on here and there but I've definitely missed some cool stuff.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been popping in and out during the day which means I feel like I've missed some big developments. I really hope someone puts together a highlights/summary video after all this. It's been kind of cool just seeing what's going on here and there but I've definitely missed some cool stuff.
Clips of the major bits on Punchdrunk's Twitter:

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wait what is happening?

I was watching this as a weekly episode show, now they are showing it all as a livestream?
What?!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He passed the trial and was accepted by the island, I guess!

Does Jude Law only do stuff where he's Jesus now? The Young Pope, The New Pope, The Third Day...Guy got a complex or what?

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I have to say one thing I've been really impressed by is that the composition of the filming in some of this livestream has been really good looking. I mean even right now with the flaming torches at the end of the lane is really evocative, and that's been the case throughout the day. Pretty impressive for live.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have to say one thing I've been really impressed by is that the composition of the filming in some of this livestream has been really good looking. I mean even right now with the flaming torches at the end of the lane is really evocative, and that's been the case throughout the day. Pretty impressive for live.
Definitely. They did a great job.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
The splatters on the camera have even given this event something of that dreamy, surreal look the other episodes have had.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna need a major recap - i ain't watching 12 hours of this >___>

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
it's up on the Facebook page if you just want to skip around. It's cool to just have on the background at times. The soundtrack (diegetic and non-diegetic) is really moody most of the time but with the festival scenes it has a cathartic, joyful quality.

Kevinsky

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I was a little interested in this show because I have a major crush on Naomi Harris but that livestream (episode/intermission?) premise has me now intrigue. Will start watching.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
All of the relevant clips are here:

That was pretty awesome.

I can't with these 8 second clip/gifs

Surely someone will edit this into like a regular length episode or something...

+1

It's very well put together for a live "play" (going from the short clips).

Isn't Sam supposed to be their leader now? Why are they still torturing him?

And each year a boy or girl is chosen to take the path of Esus, a trial akin to the Christian stations of the cross.

But on special years, when Osea needs a new leader the prospective 'Father' also undergoes the trial.

They too take the path of Esus to ensure that they are fit to lead the island and that the island accepts them. This year is such a year.

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I didn't realize they were so short, most of the clips I checked were around a minute. I'd love to see an episode-length edit, but the whole "slow cinema" aspect was mesmerizing and part of the appeal. I only ended up watching probably 2-3 hours of the stream total as I bounced in and out but stuck it out through the last 90 min.

Apoplectoad

Mar 15, 2019
I watched the whole thing in the background, it had a surreal quality to it and I'm looking forward to Monday's episode.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I was impressed with the production value throughout that 12 hour stream. Quite impressive. Looking forward to the next regular episode.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Caught up with the first part of the show over the weekend.

Cinematography is great, especially with Jude Law wondering around in the woods and especially the shot of the causeway leading into the island. Some great close up shots of him as well, selling all the insanity with his expressions.

Unsettling with not knowing exactly was is going on, especially with his mental state. The guy who plays the creepily nice bartender is really good in his role.