• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All part of the plan. They're trying to lose so it's gets to the SCOTUS faster. Right, guys?

/s

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
The screaming and backpedaling when SCOTUS denies cert on this is going to be DELICIOUS.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
When the Supreme Court denies to hear these cases what is their next step going to be?

They lost the actual election. They lost even worse with their legal challenge. I am actually curious what his next move is going to be. Its hard for me to imagine him just going away quietly to Florida never to be heard from in the next 6 months.

Oct 29, 2017
I really wonder if the lawyers on his team convinced themselves thousands of judges and officials across the country were ready to throw their morality and the constitution their swore to away and let this burning dumpster fire of a case really advance.. That this is some AD300 or GoT level world whefe they would just follow the leader because he pays them.

They knew they were part of the grift. Right?

That's what I can't comprehend, almost as much as the amount of irrational love Trump's cultists have for the man. Did Trump and his minions believe the judges appointed to the bench for life by Trump were going to immediately torpedo their future credibility solely for the man's election chances? Barring some bulletproof blackmail, there was no chance the judges weren't going to uphold the laws as written, especially since the arguments presented by Guiliani and Ellis have been utterly void of merit.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
When the Supreme Court denies to hear these cases what is their next step going to be?

They lost the actual election. They lost even worse with their legal challenge. I am actually curious what his next move is going to be. Its hard for me to imagine him just going away quietly to Florida never to be heard from in the next 6 months.

Right...and do we know when the Supreme Court will make that denial, or do we have to wait for weeks more of this idiocy?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
qN7VkB4.png

Probably flailing at his little baby desk

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I like how they're all moaning about things being rigged, undemocratic, stolen etc. and their grand plan is to go to the Supreme Court because they want Trump's judges to just give him the W with no evidence.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
If there was any justice these attorneys would be sanctioned for these lawsuits. But alas, they are allowed to continue this farce until Trump quietly leaves the White House.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So no blackmail exists for SCOTUS trump appointees? 🤞

Well, SCOTUS hasn't decided to take the case or not, and the Trump campaign will have to file with them.

The reality of Trump is, and always has been these past four years, is that he is a loud, largely unintelligent person that connects with his base because they for whatever reason see part of themselves in him. The majority of the GOP have, and would continue, to maneuver him as a useful idiot. The talk of "Trump judges" has been overplayed in terms of them being loyal to Trump. In reality, these are McConnell judges, which are just ultimately ultra-conservative/right-wing judges and while that is easily arguably worse, they don't and never have answered to Trump. He was used as a stepstool for these people, and he either never had the wherewithal to realize this, or his narcissism didn't allow him to. They will throw Trump under the bus 10 out of 10 times if it allows them to stay in power, and they understand that the "machine" has to at least pretend to function for that to be the case. They don't look at things in terms of right/wrong side of history, but instead "what benefits me most right now?"

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I like how they're all moaning about things being rigged, undemocratic, stolen etc. and their grand plan is to go to the Supreme Court because they want Trump's judges to just give him the W with no evidence.
In their minds, they do think they have evidence. It's all conspiracy theories, but they think it constitutes airtight evidence.

thaigrocer

Nov 7, 2017
Well, SCOTUS hasn't decided to take the case or not, and the Trump campaign will have to file with them.

The reality of Trump is, and always has been these past four years, is that he is a loud, largely unintelligent person that connects with his base because they for whatever reason see part of themselves in him. The majority of the GOP have, and would continue, to maneuver him as a useful idiot. The talk of "Trump judges" has been overplayed in terms of them being loyal to Trump. In reality, these are McConnell judges, which are just ultimately ultra-conservative/right-wing judges and while that is easily arguably worse, they don't and never have answered to Trump. He was used as a stepstool for these people, and he either never had the wherewithal to realize this, or his narcissism didn't allow him to. They will throw Trump under the bus 10 out of 10 times if it allows them to stay in power, and they understand that the "machine" has to at least pretend to function for that to be the case. They don't look at things in terms of right/wrong side of history, but instead "what benefits me most right now?"

That's reassuring then! Worst case Trump will attach them on Twitter if it doesn't go his way.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京

i imagine they have to be pretty frustrated with him right now because this is damaging georgia runoffs for the GOP

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019

So I have looked into this and found this- they simply can't do it:
www.fox5atlanta.com

State legislatures cannot override popular vote after Election Day, legal experts say

State legislatures cannot override the popular vote by directly appointing their preferred slate of presidential electors after Election Day, legal experts say.

In the long shot that they did and two separate set of electors decided to cast electoral votes. Congress and the Senate meet separately to determine which set of votes to count. If there is a tie there is a safe harbour in election law that the votes are given to the winner of the popular vote.

The only thing we are seeing is how unethical Mastrioni is in that he is willing to break U.S Federal Law in order to potentially steal an election- no doubt with the backing of a President who would give a pardon for any such behavior.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i imagine they have to be pretty frustrated with him right now because this is damaging georgia runoffs for the GOP

I legitimately wonder how much they actually care. Would they like to keep a majority in the senate? Yes. In the long-run, with them having an overwhelming majority in the SCOTUS and court packing being something that probably won't happen, they see their worst-case scenario as four years of not having the trifecta after which they can once again begin to dismantle any progress made, and best-case as being able to pin the COVID recession that Biden is going to inherit on Biden in the mid-term elections and get at least the house or senate back (I know that technically the odds are in the dems favor, but I think the way this election went calls some of that thinking into question). I don't see why they wouldn't think otherwise. With down ballot elections having favored the GOP, especially in places where redistricting is due to take place, at a state level they are going to be able to create further strangleholds against voting rights.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
www.fox5atlanta.com

State legislatures cannot override popular vote after Election Day, legal experts say

State legislatures cannot override the popular vote by directly appointing their preferred slate of presidential electors after Election Day, legal experts say.

In the long shot that they did and two separate set of electors decided to cast electoral votes. Congress and the Senate meet separately to determine which set of votes to count. If there is a tie there is a safe harbour in election law that the votes are given to the winner of the popular vote.

The only thing we are seeing is how unethical Mastrioni is in that he is willing to break U.S Federal Law in order to potentially steal an election- no doubt with the backing of a President who would give a pardon for any such behavior.
To add to that

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
www.fox5atlanta.com

If I had to guess the PA GOP still doesn't understand that Pelosi has been re-elected Speaker of the House for the next term. They probably think, like a lot of Republicans, that they can force through their own electors since the GOP holds a majority of House delegations. But it's been since clarified that if it comes to that Pelosi will use her power as Speaker to delay the swearing in of GOP House reps giving the Dems 50 state majorities. There's been tons of confusion on this point since it's been around 200 years since it was last an issue and it's not clear where the GOP would have learned about this contingency since they only get their news from Trump approved sources.

Once the PA GOP realized that they withdrew their appeal lol

But it does go to show how ignorant of the law they are, pretty sad for state legislators.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Trump has lived his entire life with a mobster mentality and thinks that the US Judiciary owes him one for all the conservatives he seated. But in fact, he no longer has anything to offer them and they have no reason to dance to his tune.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
In their minds, they do think they have evidence. It's all conspiracy theories, but they think it constitutes airtight evidence.

In Trump's mind perhaps. Giuliani and Ellis may be horrible people, staunchly conservative, even full fledged uninhibited supporters of Trump, but ultimately even they know this shit won't actually fly. You can't practice law without the most basic understanding that evidence is required to assert things in court; and that a handful of unsourced testimonials from typically biased sources that still only say "things seemed a little fishy" don't constitute it. They also know the likelihood any of this would survive district court, appeals, and the Supreme Court. It's all a grift, but they are being paid well to do it and don't care about the consequences, which is possibly worse.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
In Trump's mind perhaps. Giuliani and Ellis may be horrible people, staunchly conservative, even full fledged uninhibited supporters of Trump, but ultimately even they know this shit won't actually fly. You can't practice law without the most basic understanding that evidence is required to assert things in court; and that a handful of unsourced testimonials from typically biased sources that still only say "things seemed a little fishy" don't constitute it. They also know the likelihood any of this would survive district court, appeals, and the Supreme Court. It's all a grift, but they are being paid well to do it and don't care about the consequences, which is possibly worse.

you have to look at it this way both Guiliani and Ellis also aren't lawyers who are used to presenting cases. The latter especially claims she is a constitutional legal expert for a GOP think tank. He isn't getting the brightest and the best to represent him- only the people who are also desperate for the spotlight.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
you have to look at it this way both Guiliani and Ellis also aren't lawyers who are used to presenting cases. The latter especially claims she is a constitutional legal expert for a GOP think tank. He isn't getting the brightest and the best to represent him- only the people who are also desperate for the spotlight.

True and that doesn't contradict what I said. They absolutely want the spotlight, possibly their own political gains, and aren't typical trial lawyers, but they have still been to law school and at least in Giuliani's case actively practiced law. It's still a grift.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
True and that doesn't contradict what I said. They absolutely want the spotlight, possibly their own political gains, and aren't typical trial lawyers, but they have still been to law school and at least in Giuliani's case actively practiced law. It's still a grift.

no doubt it's a total grift. Trump is extremely easy to manipulate so any grifter who agrees with him is gonna get a payday from him (or his donators)