• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Where did you see this... is it streaming somewhere?
Good old Amazon. Assuming non-Japan Prime versions have it as well.

wp0tXNW.png

signal

Oct 28, 2017
3 1/2 stars? Bullshit
Most of the reviews are critical about the fantasy / monster angle. Ignoring the source material, I sort of agree (though I'd probably rate it higher than 3.5 stars) as it seems like you could create a similarly interesting story without that part. While watching the series I wondered if anyone has written a story about two ice locked ships in proximity and created a story about some tense drama between them lol. Seems like a good setting.

Also on amazon jp, The Expanse is also rated 3.5, and I only found out about The Terror because of The Expanse. I read somewhere that the actor Jared Harris wasn't going to be returning for a season, possibly because of some other show (this one) and here we are ~

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Being that it's completely unconnected from the source material now, I'm glad the premise is at least really unique. That alone will get me to watch.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Helix provided me with some of the biggest belly laughs I've ever had with a TV show, for what is worth.

Mar 29, 2018
As someone who read the book my guess is it'll be something totally new. The show more or less follows the book right to the end, minor details are changed but otherwise it's note for note.
This is interesting to read. I finished the book last month and assumed the entirety of the TV "The Terror" would be 2-3 seasons following the book.

My ears pricked up when I read "anthology" in the title. Interesting.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I really enjoyed the book when I read it a couple of years ago, but thought the show was possibly even better, mostly thanks to Jared Harris's excellent performance which elevated the latter parts of the show beyond what the novel was able to do for me as it was winding down. Gives me hope for a second season, though I wonder what they'll be basing it on. The show was as I said stronger than the book, but the premise (which Dan Simmons thought up) was a good foundation for it.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
has a cool premise. I think I might read the book instead, as show-watching is limited to time with my SO, and I doubt she'd be interested in it. But I can read whatever I want.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I need more arctic dramas in my life. Non-monster recommendations pls.
TV:

Fortitude (Amazon Prime Video). I know people who've liked it. I didn't after 1 ep.

Helix (Syfy). I thought it was garbage.

Movies:

Whiteout. Kate Beckinsale is the only law enforcement in an Antarctic research station during the winter and there's been a murder.

Wind River (Netflix). Not arctic but lots of snow. Good movie about a murder in an Indian reservation. Great cast.

John Carpenter's The Thing. Yes it's monster, and it's a classic.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I had no idea there would be another season, is Ridley still producing? I dunno, I thought the original run did all that needed to be done.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
If you guys enjoy the show and like audiobooks The Terror narrated by Tom Sellwood is the very best audiobook I've ever heard .He does accents and voices for all the characters and it's just really impressive. I thought i t was preformed by a cast until I searched audible and found out it was by a single narrator. And if you're in the mood for more Dan Simmons horror be sure to check out Summer of Night and the sequel A Winter Haunting. Dan Simmons has another horror novel called Carrion Comfort about mind vampires I've only read a little bit of it but it was interesting I dunno why I didn't finish Carrion Comfort I probably got caught up playing a game.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on the supernatural element of season 2, or if there even will be one?

Are we gonna see a tuunbaq in America??

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on the supernatural element of season 2, or if there even will be one?

The second season will "center on an uncanny specter that menaces a Japanese-American community from its home in Southern California to the internment camps to the war in the Pacific." Whether this specter is real or metaphorical is unclear.

Are we gonna see a tuunbaq in America??

Doubtful.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Cannot wait for this to come back. Low key my favorite show from last year besides Better Call Saul.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
A good thing about the new setting is that at least it won't look as cheap as the icy hills of S1. Ship and UK scenes were fantastic, but set ones were incredibly evident.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Finally watched this and the last episode was so intense and gut wrenching ugh.

Show had more who the fuck is this character moments than a Pynchon novel tho