• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Damn no real sources and you pushed this one hard. After that thread title you need to send miyazaki a personal apology.

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
If you've been following From's dark fantasy games on PC over the last few weeks, you're quite aware of the RCE issue. It's been so serious that they disabled online functionality in Dark Souls I, II, and III, with no release date in sight for their online modes to being restored. From claimed this issue was dealt with when involving Elden Ring so it wouldn't face a delay or any user being at risk, giving people a sense of assurance they troubleshooted the issue and found a solution.

Welp, this is why this thread exists. Think you can figure out what happened here. Turns out, they didn't do anything about it and it's still a major risk.

RCE issues are still there, so it sounds like it's been all talk about "fixing" this issue. This is a serious issue, as you can see in just the video above, one is able to gain access to the other person's PC and engage in some nefarious shit. It would be disgustingly hilarious if the entire reason this has Easy Anti-Cheat was their band-aid solution here, because it hasn't stopped famous game corrupter Malcolm Reynolds from destroying people's saves and locking them into hacker lobbies, something he's documented for years now. Yet another "phenomenon" in terms of a technical concern for Elden Ring, I guess.

If you're playing on PC, please be aware your save and computer are at risk. Play offline. You're getting more reasons to do so.

Now THIS is indefensible, i'm the biggest from stan there is, i brute force and endure their shit with the PC versions (i'm playing Elden Ring on PC for 160.5 hours with the frame rate locked to 40fps so i can avoid all the crap i get when i try to play at 60fps) but THIS?
They took the online down, they shove that FUCKING Easy Anti Cheat on the Elden Ring PC version so you cant enjoy all the PC exclusive stuff that let you unlock the fps cap, use ultra wide resolutions or simply help everything in general like Flawless Widescreen and SpecialK injector while online BECAUSE that was supposed to prevent that shit.
FUCK.
THIS.
SHIT.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't seen any other reports of this, hope it's not true.
The weird antagonism towards the devs of this game is pretty crazy to see, especially from a one off tweet from a suspicious right wing twitter account. I wonder if some of it is just finding any avenue to shit on these games after the mods rightfully banned easy mode whining cosplaying as accessibility advocacy (for proof that that's 95% of what that discussion was, may I point you to the 2000 post thread about easy mode versus the 100 post thread about actual accessibility). There's this thread, the strangely contentious patch notes thread, where a bunch of great fixes and changes are getting drowned out because people are mad that some broken shit got put in line with other things, and there's the weird "consumers left behind" thread. What's the deal y'all
Game is still broken on PC, but I'm glad you're here to defend poor FromSoft from the mean people on Era. Truly the hero we all deserve.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Now THIS is indefensible, i'm the biggest from stan there is, i brute force and endure their shit with the PC versions (i'm playing Elden Ring on PC for 160.5 hours with the frame rate locked to 40fps so i can avoid all the crap i get when i try to play at 60fps) but THIS?
They took the online down, they shove that FUCKING Easy Anti Cheat on the Elden Ring PC version so you cant enjoy all the PC exclusive stuff that let you unlock the fps cap, use ultra wide resolutions or simply help everything in general like Flawless Widescreen and SpecialK injector while online BECAUSE that was supposed to prevent that shit.
FUCK.
THIS.
SHIT.

It's fake. The exploit is indeed fixed in ER.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
This game is a fucking mess on pc right now but I would think something this big would need a few more reliable sources? I have no love for how this port is being treated but even so this ain't something to jump the gun on

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
What an unnecessarily douchey thread title for something that wasn't verified, and turns out is false.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno how to call a mod but thread should be closed before more confusion comes in. This is such a serious exploit to spread misinformation.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
This game is a fucking mess on pc right now but I would think something this big would need a few more reliable sources? I have no love for how this port is being treated but even so this ain't something to jump the gun on

lol at a fucking mess. There are minor issues regarding stuttering but is completely playable.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Looks like this was nothing, to rile up the internet.
Please exercise more caution when creating threads that are clearly going to cause a ruckus.

Status
Not open for further replies.