• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
The reason we need another successful avatar is to see what kind of fucked up na'vi nomura would turn sora into

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Less than half of Avengers Endgame 24 hr record? Shambles.

Do better nerds.
27af0fa16e513b5830b40d33f12d87b5.jpg

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Scullibundo

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Prometheus was maybe the only other 3D movie that provided a similar visual "wow" that Avatar did (that is also maybe the only nice thing I can say about Prometheus). I don't think The Hobbit in HFR really worked, and every other 3D movie I saw felt like they really shoehorned the effect onto the movie versus trying to build around it which Avatar obviously did better than anything else.
You never saw Gravity or Hugo in 3D?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Less than half of Avengers Endgame 24 hr record? Shambles.

Do better nerds.
27af0fa16e513b5830b40d33f12d87b5.jpg
Damn-I wouldn't have even known about this if not for this thread-but I just looked it up.

variety.com

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Trailer Shatters ‘Avengers: Endgame’s’ 24-Hour Viewership Record

The teaser trailer for 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' has set a new all-time record for the most global views in the first 24 hours.

Despite leaking online a day early, the teaser trailer for "Spider-Man: No Way Home" has set a new all-time record for the most global views in the first 24 hours, with 355.5 million views. That far surpasses the previous record held by the trailer for "Avengers: Endgame," which picked up 289 million views when it debuted in December 2018.

Now those are some impressive numbers.

Looked up Thor as well-another movie coming this year.

variety.com

‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ Becomes Fourth-Most Viewed Trailer in 24 Hours

The teaser for 'Thor: Love and Thunder,' the fourth film in the 'Thor' franchise, has reached 209 million views in 24 hours.

🤔

OP
OP
Scullibundo

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn-I wouldn't have even known about this if not for this thread-but I just looked it up.

variety.com

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Trailer Shatters ‘Avengers: Endgame’s’ 24-Hour Viewership Record

The teaser trailer for 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' has set a new all-time record for the most global views in the first 24 hours.

variety.com

The teaser for 'Thor: Love and Thunder,' the fourth film in the 'Thor' franchise, has reached 209 million views in 24 hours.

🤔
Those are very impressive. But it does need to be mentioned again that the Avatar trailer had leaked online a full week earlier and has been playing in front of Dr Strange (a film seeing crazy business from audiences) for almost a week too.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Those are very impressive. But it does need to be mentioned again that the Avatar trailer had leaked online a full week earlier and has been playing in front of Dr Strange (a film seeing crazy business from audiences) for almost a week too.

Yep. I can't imagine the number if it didn't play In front of DS2 or the illegal variety. Lordy!

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

They're in a different situation. Avatar is coming back from a long hiatus and might take a little while to jump back into the public consciousness. Im kinda shocked that it's first showing actually garnered this much interest.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

variety.com

variety.com

🤔
I was wondering why they compared it to Star Wars and not to Marvel lol

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
There's a video on YT where someone did a conversion into HDR. It's not an official trailer, but it's apparently pretty well done.
www.youtube.com

4K HDR 5.1 IMAX | Avatar: The Way of Water ( 2022 ) - Mastered by TEKNO3D | Dolby Vision Grading

#OLED #ULTRAWIDEGAMUT #IMAX #DEEPBLACKS #depth • Convert your own videos using our SDR to HDR Professional Video Conversion Software •Most of our HDR-X YouTu...

Oh. This i saw. I thought we were talking about the first movie in 4K/HDR. Thanks.