• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
interesting

EDIT:

This is the Dengeki apology btw:-

【お詫び】
3月28日(木)発売の「電撃PlayStation Vol.674」において、
『ガレリアの地下迷宮と魔女ノ旅団』の情報掲載をさせていただいておりますが、
誤表記がありました。

誌面内で「※Nintendo Switch版も同日発売予定」とありますが、
『ガレリアの地下迷宮と魔女ノ旅団』はPS4ならびにPS Vitaのみ対応となっており、
現時点でNintendo Switch版の発売予定はありません。

編集部の記載ミスにより、日本一ソフトウェア様ならびに関係各所に
ご迷惑をおかけしましたことを、深くお詫びいたします。

google translation:
【apology】
In "Dengeki PlayStation Vol. 674" released on Thursday, March 28, We will post information on "Gallery Underground Labyrinth and the Witch Brigade", There was a mistake. In the magazine, "※ Nintendo Switch version will be released on the same day," but "Gallery underground labyrinth and witch no brigades" are only compatible with PS4 and PS Vita, There are no plans to release the Nintendo Switch version at this time. Due to an error in the editorial department, Japan's No. 1 software and related sites We deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, it's Dengeki Playstation, right ? Of course they wouldn't announce the Switch version there.

Deleted member 54984

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
This is the Dengeki apology btw:-

【お詫び】
誤表記がありました。

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but will the issue an apology for it and make sure to say it's ps4/vita? that's a bit extra.

Seems to me that it was a mistake to list it on Switch at all in the first place. Sounds like they're apologizing for having mentionned it for Switch instead of just their Playstation platforms.

The game is supposed to be properly announced by NIS here in 20 hours: https://nippon1.jp/consumer/newtitle190322/ We'll be fixed soon anyway.

Seedy87

Jan 4, 2018
Huh? That doesn't make much sense to me. I had just assumed it was because it was a PlayStation-related magazine that it wouldn't mention other platforms. I think I'll wait until the official countdown ticks down before taking this as gospel.

Deleted member 54984

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Dengeki PlayStation occasionally report on multi-platform games and mention Switch. I occasionally buy it for these reasons. Last one I bought mentioned Switch for the Jack the Ripper game. It's not a unique thing to mention Switch. Same for 3DS back when games released for it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now how can we craft clickbait titles if you're gonna be all sensible like that?!?

;-)
...you mean me doing clickbait or the tweet?

Seems to me that it was a mistake to list it on Switch at all in the first place. Sounds like they're apologizing for having mentionned it for Switch instead of just their Playstation platforms.

The game is supposed to be properly announced by NIS here in 20 hours: https://nippon1.jp/consumer/newtitle190322/ We'll be fixed soon anyway.
that makes sense. guess we'll have to wait. it certainly doesn't make sense to not put it on switch.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, it's Dengeki Playstation, right ? Of course they wouldn't announce the Switch version there.

Now how can we craft clickbait titles if you're gonna be all sensible like that?!?

;-)

Not how Dengeki PlayStation works. They only list the PlayStation versions in the main box, but [edit: sometimes] make note of other versions. For example, this is from this week's Murder Detective: Jack the Ripper feature:

0v0C3gM.png

ZUvTNI0.png

【お詫び】
誤表記がありました。

Should note that the apology doesn't say anything like, "it wasn't supposed to be there," it specifically states "Labyrinth of Galleria will only be available for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, there are currently no plans to release a Nintendo Switch version at this time."

Last edited:

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmmm weird. Although I'm curious, did NIS actual do the port to the Switch or was that NISA? If it's NISA I can see them porting it over for the western territories/a later JP release for double dipping.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not how Dengeki PlayStation works. They only list the PlayStation versions in the main box, but always make note of other versions. For example, this is from this week's Murder Detective: Jack the Ripper feature:

0v0C3gM.png

ZUvTNI0.png

Should note that the apology doesn't say anything like, "it wasn't supposed to be there," it specially states "Labyrinth of Galleria will only be available for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, there are currently no plans to release a Nintendo Switch version at this time."

They don't "always" do that though, like here:
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/nippon-ichi-software-announces-action-rpg-lapis-li-abyss-for-ps4-switch

That said if the apology does say that there are no plans at all, then it's just weird.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should note that the apology doesn't say anything like, "it wasn't supposed to be there," it specifically states "Labyrinth of Galleria will only be available for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, there are currently no plans to release a Nintendo Switch version at this time."
welp. i guess it's not just because it was dengeki playstation, there's actually not going to be a switch version.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Makes sense.
Wait and see, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it too.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017

That's crazy and doesn't make sense. Why not have a NS version of the game?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
There's also a good possibility it will be PS exclusive in Japan at first, then when they announce the localization, there's a Switch version they release in Japan later.
Like the first game.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They don't "always" do that though, like here:
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/nippon-ichi-software-announces-action-rpg-lapis-li-abyss-for-ps4-switch

That said if the apology does say that there are no plans at all, then it's just weird.

The initial report was citing Dengeki Online's preview. Though I went back and checked the magazine itself, and you're right, they didn't mention it.

Though it does seem to mention it in every Jack the Ripper story.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The initial report was citing Dengeki Online's preview. Though I went back and checked the magazine itself, and you're right, they didn't mention it.

Though it does seem to mention it in every Jack the Ripper story.

Maybe now their policy is to mention it whenever they break news on a multiplatform game ?
Sounds like it's not releasing on NSW in JP at launch anyway. Weird decision but it should still get a Switch version once it's localized.

Oct 29, 2017
DY_fn-bXkAAciM_.jpg

Nice to know that this is still a prevailing attitude amongst Japanese developers!
Whelp! You reap what you sow. Enjoy selling next to nothing!

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Weird, considering both NIS and NISA were very pro-Switch, so to see them skip the Switch (apparently, yet to be confirmed) for a NIS developed game does strike me as pretty out of character.

Even if we do get to roll out the "Vita means life" jokes once again.

[Edit] Browsing Gematsu, it seems that the Switch version was made for the international release last year. Maybe they're planning on doing that again? Which would be still weird, considering how much the Switch hardware is selling in Japan.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Is this a sequel to Labyrinth Refrain?? If so, huge shame that Switch version is yanked.

Maybe it's just a delayed port...?