• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously, this is a genre that is very lacking on the console.

I'm playing through Sniper Elite 3 and I think the game is surprisingly good, but now I'm craving for more games like it. Give MGSV, give me Splinter Cell (a collection of the first three or Blacklist, I'll take either), Sniper Elite 4, Dishonored, etc. I have to ask for ports because I doubt any third party will develop a new AAA stealth game for the Switch.

Slim pickings, I tell you. I tried Aragami but didn't like it, Mark of the Ninja is a weak port... what else is there? Maybe Assassin's Creed, but stealth was never the strongest point of the franchise. Am I missing any other option?

To be fair, I don't think any console is bursting with options nowadays anyway. Oh well.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I doubt such a collection would happen anyway, but why not V?
If V can run on PS3 it can run on Switch too. Shit, I've played it at a decently solid 30fps on the intel integrated graphics of an i7 4790k.

But I don't expect anything from Konami either.
But V was released on PS3 and 360. I think it could definitely run on Switch.
As a separate release, is what I meant.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
In case you didn't notice, Ubisfot is porting their last gen games to Switch one by one. South Park games, Rayman Legends, AC3, AC4... I'm pretty sure Splinter Cell Blacklist is on their list too. Not many people played that one, it could find a new life on Switch.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
There need to be more stealth games altogether, not just on Switch. There are plenty of games with stealth elements, but aside from Hitman 2 I can't think of any recent stealth games of note.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Obviously you need Never Stop Sneakin'...

I'm joking pretty sure it's more of a strategy action game than stealth

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The gaming community need more stealth games. Period.

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
I would love me some Hitman on the Switch, but I'm pretty sure the current gen games would be way too CPU intensive.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
In case you didn't notice, Ubisfot is porting their last gen games to Switch one by one. South Park games, Rayman Legends, AC3, AC4... I'm pretty sure Splinter Cell Blacklist is on their list too. Not many people played that one, it could find a new life on Switch.

I'd buy a complete SC Blacklist in a heartbeat. Shame that it was stranded on last gen. Great game.

Monsterqken

Dec 26, 2019
Apart from Alien and Dishonored have there been any great stealth games this gen?

Soma has some sneaky elements but no real action stealth.

Thief was my first game this gen and it was terrible.

Next super mario, metroid or zelda should go 100% stealth. Stealthy parkour mario would be exciting.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I wanted to love Aragami because Tenchu, but something about stealth kills not being flashy or satisfying enough, or general play wasn't rewarding.

If Tenchu 4 were on Switch, that'd be great!

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Ubisoft will probably get to Splinter Cell ports eventually

There isn't much more Assassins' Creed they can port to Switch, they can move to either Far Cry or Tom Clancy after porting the Ezio games

OP
OP
HeRinger

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Apart from Alien and Dishonored have there been any great stealth games this gen?

Next super mario, metroid or zelda should go 100% stealth. Stealthy parkour mario would be exciting.
MGSV is the best stealth game ever made. People can complain about the story all they want, but the gameplay is unmatched.

Sniper Elite 3 is scratching the sandbox stealth itch nicely, but it's not the real deal.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Dishonored came out more than 5 years ago, maybe the Switch will get that.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Mankind Divided, Hitman 1 and 2, MGSV, Sniper Elite 3 and 4, Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun, Gunpoint, I'd say are all arguably better stealth games than Alien (which is a good game, just not all that great of a stealth game).

Plague Tale Innocence has a decent amount of stealth elements too

Monsterqken

Dec 26, 2019
MGSV is the best stealth game ever made. People can complain about the story all they want, but the gameplay is unmatched.

Sniper Elite 3 is scratching the sandbox stealth itch nicely, but it's not the real deal.
Might replay MGSV, I didn't play that stealthy. Used to set up some traps and then go ka-blam.

Is sniper the spectacular headshot game or is that the other sniper game? Does it have gyro?

Mankind Divided, Hitman 1 and 2, MGSV, Sniper Elite 3 and 4, Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun, Gunpoint, I'd say are all arguably better stealth games than Alien (which is a good game, just not all that great of a stealth game).

Plague Tale Innocence has a decent amount of stealth elements too
Thank you! Took a screenshot and will work my way through this list, mankind divided didn't do to well right?

OP
OP
HeRinger

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Might replay MGSV, I didn't play that stealthy. Used to set up some traps and then go ka-blam.

Is sniper the spectacular headshot game or is that the other sniper game? Does it have gyro?

Thank you! Took a screenshot and will work my way through this list, mankind divided didn't do to well right?
Sniper Elite 3 does have gyro! It's the one with incredibly satisfying x-ray kill cams.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Konami won't even put Pro Evolution Soccer on Switch so there's little chance of any Metal Gear :-(

Try Alien Isolation.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I played stealthily through most of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. It became too annoying towards the end, so I just said fuck it and blasted everyone away.

Playing as a stealth archer in The Elder Scrolls III: Skyrim is also super fun (and super broken).

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, there's Alien Isolation too, that's a good one. Not the kind of stealth I'm craving for, but it counts and the port is supposedly amazing.

Show them to me.
Alas they are hiding in the shadows waiting for the right moment to pounce. One does not simply show you the Switch stealth games. When they are ready they will show themselves to you.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
I've been thinking the same. Would be fantastic if we got Hitman 2016 and/or Hitman 2 sometime. Dishonored would also be amazing.
Or better yet, Nintendo making their own stealth game. Sheik spinoff, let's go!

Sidenote: it's really a shame that Alien: Isolation doesn't have a physical release on Switch.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield would be nice on the switch :)
I know they are all about multiplayer or even infections nowadays,but a back to the SP-not-bombastic goodness is what i long for, and it's a segment i think is missing on the system.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
There's AC1, and if Doom, and The Witcher 3 can be ported to Switch, Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey may not be impossible to port.

I'd bet on Syndicate being the most likely. Haven't played Origins but Odyssey definitely feels possible.(With lower resolution, tiny draw distances, lots of pop in ect) I just don't know when you would release it with Ragnarok due out this year there isn't a release timing that makes a lot of sense.

I don't think they could get Unity to run well on Switch. It feels like a downport on current gen consoles as is.

Pros for Syndicate is that both Assasin Creed Ragnarok and Watchdogs Legion are "London" setting games so you can probably comarket that somehow. It's a downgrade from Unity so it's probably not that out of reach tech wise.

I'd also not be shocked to see SC Blacklist and Watchdogs 2 make the switch