• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
There was a major update for this game and they brought this abomination of an icon back.

What's the deal here?
How.. unfortunate.

nGg79kl.png
Is this the first time someone's reverted to a bad icon before? That's...very bizarre.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
The Burnout Paradise Remastered icon is super sloppy.

Firstly it's quite low-res at actual size, but secondly it has something weird going on round the edges.

Take a look!

https://img-eshop.cdn.nintendo.net/...90655e4fe080df3268fc170fcf70ba05e35578294.jpg

On top of a sloppy icon, they are happily charging full price for the game too!

I know people are going to buy it, because it is/was a popular game, and Nintendo hasn't seen a Burnout game on any of their home consoles and handhelds since 'Burnout 2: Point of Impact' on the GameCube.

But it's probably going to sell well, and EA will continue to ignore the Switch in the long run...

Oct 25, 2017
The Eternal Castle [Remastered] game icon is on the weaker side.

twitter.com

Chris Becker on Twitter

“Going for that Indie game vibe, but also Animal Crossing and trying to make it through Xenoblade 2 before 1 drops..hahaha not gonna happen. #NintendoSwitch”

Dec 2, 2019
Not quite the gorgeous key art for The Outer Worlds, but at least it's a title.

f3c0d29cca407356296b3013d30302d9fc623bf6ad7d66fe5b493989cea4e811.jpg
It's fine.

I picked Invisigun Reloaded and the icon is not the one on Showdown, they changed it for the better, basically removing those nonsense squares.

Meanwhile I've got a DL code for Lonely Mountains: Downhill and... Oooof

I wrote to them on Twitter and the publisher (Thunderful) told me they would send the feedback to devs. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on this one

edit: wow Robin64, you were quick on Invisigun, weren't you? lol

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Okay! I tweeted at him and will post if he gives any sort of update about it.
wait..so he already wrote back to me. He said just let him know what it needs and he'll add it to the to do list.

twitter.com

Tim Garbos on Twitter

“@SuperNintendad Rabbit hole. Let me know what the icon needs to be good and I’ll add it to our todo. I think it’s a quite a process to change logo, but I’ll look I to it”

Dec 2, 2019
wait..so he already wrote back to me. He said just let him know what it needs and he'll add it to the to do list.

twitter.com

Tim Garbos on Twitter

“@SuperNintendad Rabbit hole. Let me know what the icon needs to be good and I’ll add it to our todo. I think it’s a quite a process to change logo, but I’ll look I to it”
Tell him all it needs is to take the website icon and use it straight.

We can now safely say Nintendo doesn't allow shitty icons (any icon without the title) on their website. You can be sure the website icon has art AND title pretty guaranteed.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
So Elder Scrolls Blades is out today, finally, and the icon is the same one we saw at E3 last year, as expected.

2427.png

Even worse, the title above the icon is just "Blades".

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer the first Origami King art personally, though I like my icons to be minimalistic

not so minimalistic to get rid of the logos though, that's a war crime

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I like the Paper Mario icon, usually Nintendo icons are way too busy for my taste (though still pretty), but the website one looks pretty good too.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
So Elder Scrolls Blades is out today, finally, and the icon is the same one we saw at E3 last year, as expected.

2427.png

Even worse, the title above the icon is just "Blades".

I don't normally like to say that game dev stuff is low-effort, but damn, that's low-effort. Not because of the minimal design, but because of the title. They're literally just treating it like it's the tiny icon on a phone screen, complete with truncated title.

Really living up the image of a deeply cynical product.

Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm in a conundrum.

There are these games called Bleed 1 and Bleed 2. They are currently on sale for around $3.50 USD each. But they also sell a Bleed Complete Bundle which includes both games for $4.00 USD.

But the complete bundle is a single icon. See below.

644lTiV.png

And these are the individual icons:

jEvqjFp.png

iihGEd2.png

Would you purchase them separately or the bundle?

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Well, that's not a huge price each, so if you like the icon individually, buying them both will also make more money for the dev.

I'd probably have said go for the Bundle if it was 20$, but for 3.50$, that's not a huge deal if you prefer to have individual icons.