• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Exit the Gungeon......

piCp5KB.jpg

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I'm gonna be tinfoil hat and say they purposely do this for little attention towards their game then they put the original 'better' icon later to entice buyers.
Tinfoil hat off.

Dec 2, 2019
Y'all could have waited for the instantaneous Robin's update, but you didn't.

Arturo At this point, I think this is Nintendo's fault, they just don't bother in the slightest. They did guidelines and boy, they must be full in place nowadays because when you go to the website every damn icon is fine af.
Why don't tell publishers: "Ok, you messed around enough. Remember those guidelines for how your game's icon should be? Now apply the same shit to the home menu icon"

It's just so, so baffling

Dec 2, 2019
Robin64
I purchased Flat Heroes and, luckily enough, icon is not the one I see on your site but it's the website one (much better imho). I don't know if they updated it or what, maybe you have the US one and it's different?

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all could have waited for the instantaneous Robin's update, but you didn't.

Arturo At this point, I think this is Nintendo's fault, they just don't bother in the slightest. They did guidelines and boy, they must be full in place nowadays because when you go to the website every damn icon is fine af.
Why don't tell publishers: "Ok, you messed around enough. Remember those guidelines for how your game's icon should be? Now apply the same shit to the home menu icon"

It's just so, so baffling
I've always thought it may have something to do with the documentation? I mean, some of the games' pages icons are fantastic (Exit the Gungeon i. e.). Why do devs decide to use those mobile version icons instead? It's baffling indeed…

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Any word if the developers are going to update the Exit the Gungeon icon? They fixed the original Gungeon icon, so I would hope so...

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
So.

9cf199ab6432ec0469e43acb02f6dea123cf027ff2a23fc464b3a3d152454faf.jpg
3b9eb62296e2835cc177bb44c360edcc6eac5d70b6abd6eacf3bb7c7d6ddf9e5.jpg

(Plenty more new ones in the usual place, and yes I've checked every single game that just got announced, so if it's not there, it's not up yet.)

Last edited:

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna be tinfoil hat and say they purposely do this for little attention towards their game then they put the original 'better' icon later to entice buyers.
Tinfoil hat off.

I think the percentage of gamers who actively don't purchase a game they want to play because an icon isn't up to their liking is way, way, way lower than you're thinking.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if Thronebreaker's icon got changed?

Edit: just saw the post from a few weeks ago. Sigh :/

PC it is, then.

Last edited: