• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 2, 2019
Stories Untold

3385.png

Devolver Digital, WHY?!?!???!!?

Someone tweet them please, oh man why, WHY?

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I love this thread so much!! It's awesome that some developers are changing their game logo to look great and as it should be. This must be MANDATORY for every console: Have a NICE LOOKING logo! Not just the Switch, but every console released.
Hopefully in next gen, ALL developers have learned the lesson, because they know how to make amazing looking logs, they just need to make them!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Has it come to the point devs are actively trolling with bad icons to have us take notice and get us talking about the game and then switch them for better icons so we buy it?

Next level marketing.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
From the Graceful Explosion Machine devs comes Super Crush K.O. and it's another brilliant Switch icon! Will definitely be picking this up later.

3248.png

Their previous title and icon:

128.png

Such a fantastic little game that was btw.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I would have rebought Sonic Mania on Switch by now if not for that awful icon. It's not too late, Sega. You can still do the right thing.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Odd. Refreshing Sideways Puzzle Ghost Hammer got a translated icon for use on the Nintendo UK website, but the game itself on the Switch still uses the Japanese one.

SQ_NSwitchDS_RefreshingSidewaysPuzzleGhostHammer.jpg
vs
ef96d2afccf1939a11bfbbbced837e9306e96d6f2a0b2692ba7e84835edc99d1.jpg

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I bought conga master party and some spanish design guy at the studio thought this was passable (not my screen):
sr-conga-master-party.jpg

Was it that hard to just do fucking this?
images

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is that the old Steamworld Dig 2 icon on you screen? The revised revised one is one of the best icons there is.
Nah, its a capture from a video, not my screen.
I just sent a tweet politely asking undercoders if they could change the pig icon, becuase it looks so mobile phone and terrible compared to every other icon I have (except sonic mania sadly).