• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
We ask that you only embed your own tweets if you can't convey the message through normal means. The function is not there to advertise your personal Twitter profile.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, I'm kinda dissapointed about the Flinthook icon, I'm really waiting for this game, it has a great art and a nice logo, but the way they place them in the icon don't look good, the logo is too tiny, idk.

JmcjqTF.png

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Guys, I'm kinda dissapointed about the Flinthook icon, I'm really waiting for this game, it has a great art and a nice logo, but the way they place them in the icon don't look good, the logo is too tiny, idk.

JmcjqTF.png
yeah the art is good but logo could afford to be a bit bigger. still it's not bad at all. i wouldn't lodge a complaint. :P

Jan 25, 2018
London
But we're not in any other thread, hence me not seeing the problem. If we were, this would be a different conversation :)
Hey everyone! I haven't been around for a little while, but having just read these comments, I wanted to apologise to anyone who was annoyed or offended by me embedding my Tweets, I will definitely refrain from doing this from here on. Just two quick things..

First of all, I sincerely had no idea that anyone here would be so bothered by my posts, but to those who are, I apologise. I just thought that if anyone would be interested in them, it would be fellow readers of this fantastic thread. I simply figured that if you're here, then you care about Switch icons. If you care about Switch icons, then my tweets would be both relevant and of interest.

Secondly, as The Moon quite rightly said, I thought posting my tweets in this thread would increase the likelihood of developers taking genuine notice and getting on board with our values. Like you said, simply to gain traction. But to toythatkills, I'm not at all interested in self-promotion. I'm not attempting to gain followers via this thread and I'm certainly not looking for people to click my links. What would I have to gain by that?

I know this is a quite ridiculous thing to say – after all, this is the internet – but it kinda hurts that anyone could see it that way. I thought I was doing something worthy for 'the team', but clearly some are a little cynical and see it differently. However, as someone who's just a few short years off of 50 and battling chronic disease and depression, I really couldn't care less me. However, for the purposes of this topic, I do care about our Switch icons and aiding this cause.

This probably sounds like a butt hurt rant, but I assure it isn't. I simply wanted to clarify my intentions.

Last edited:

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone! I haven't been around for a little while, but having just read these comments, I wanted to apologise to anyone who was annoyed or offended by me embedding my Tweets, I will definitely refrain from doing this from here on. Just two quick things..

First of all, I sincerely had no idea that anyone here would be so bothered by my posts, but to those who are, I apologise. I just thought that if anyone would be interested in them, it would be by fellow readers of this fantastic thread. I simply figured that if you're here, then you care about Switch icons. If you care about Switch icons, then my tweets might be both relevant and of interest.

Secondly, as The Moon quite rightly said, I thought posting my tweets in this thread would increase the likelihood of developers taking genuine notice and getting on board. Like you said, simply to gain traction. But to toythatkills, I'm not at all interested in self-promotion. I'm not attempting to gain followers via this thread and I'm not looking for people to click my links.

I know this is a quite ridiculous thing to say – after all, this is the internet – but it kinda hurts that anyone could see it that way. I thought I was doing something worthy for 'the team', but clearly some are a little cynical and see it differently. However, as someone who's just a few short years off of 50 and battling chronic disease and depression, I really don't care about me. However, for the purposes of this topic, I do care about our Switch icons and aiding this cause.

This probably sounds like a butt hurt rant, but I assure it isn't. I simply wanted to clarify my intentions.
It was a grey area issue, because what you were doing was for the team, and positive. I personally will really miss your posts (maybe you could do them anyway but not using Twitter embedding?).

But rules is rules, and I can definitely see why it would be annoying. Because intentionally or otherwise it was promoting your Twitter.

Basically don't take it personally. Most people in here really like what you were doing, and those that found what you were doing annoying, didn't have anything personally against you. Just against a certain way of doing things :)

Jan 25, 2018
London
I'm not bothered by Twitter embeds, just gross self-promotion. By all means post someone else's Tweets, but making a post on resetera by typing it in Twitter first and then linking it to get clicks is just so against what a discussion forum should be.

There's no reason why those Tweets couldn't have just been posts. If there's no T+Cs against it and everyone else is fine with it, then cool, carry on, but I hardly think using a discussion forum to promote yourself rather than to discuss is in the spirit of things.
The reason I 'type them in Twitter first' as you put it, is because I was tweeting my own Switch icon posts long before I discovered this thread or joined resetera. I would have done these tweets anyway. But thinking you guys might appreciate them, I posted them here, too. Clearly I was wrong and in future I'll just stick to twitter. At least there I get support and don't have to explain myself.

Jan 25, 2018
London
It was a grey area issue, because what you were doing was for the team, and positive. I personally will really miss your posts (maybe you could do them anyway but not using Twitter embedding?).

But rules is rules, and I can definitely see why it would be annoying. Because intentionally or otherwise it was promoting your Twitter.

Basically don't take it personally. Most people in here really like what you were doing, and those that found what you were doing annoying, didn't have anything personally against you. Just against a certain way of doing things :)
Thanks Jack, I appreciate you commenting back. I do try not to take things personally, but severe depression and anxiety aren't the best cocktail in doing so. I think it was the word 'gross'.. [gross self-promotion] that triggered an unsavoury reaction. Thanks again though, bud :)

Last edited:

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I figured with Sonic Mania Plus that we would get a nice new icon. I think this would be super:
DYcpyYGW4AEloQj.png

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys! Looks like nobody posted this yet. Frozenbyte updated the Nine Parchments icon in its latest update! It looks really good and a lot better than the original one.
DYoPsH0VQAABu3U.jpg:large

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty cool to see devs taking user feedback onboard and updating their icons. Some nice examples ITT.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Letter Quest Remastered icon got an update. Or rather, was set back to its original post-first-update icon.

qtrK47P.png

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Curious case about the logos on the Attack on Titan 2 Switch icons. Left (NA), Right (EU)

attackontitan2naokp4m.jpg
attackontitan2euyzoy3.jpg

Logos are different because the game is named A.O.T. 2 in Europe.

Deleted member 123

The A.O.T 2 icon looks super, too bad it's rated mature..

Last edited by a moderator:

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
BIG NEWS! Steam World Dig 2 just got updated including a new icon without that weird border, it looks so much better now!
DY2Y9IJU0AA7bL5.jpg:large

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if it has been posted previously, but here is the icon for Penny-Punching Princess:

DY_cHtdU0AAGTuY.jpg

Looking forward to reviewing this one.

Sero-Kyle

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I just bought Crypt of the Necrodancer and its icon is really really ugly IMO.

I don't have a print of mine, so I'm going to borrow Opa-Pa 's.

DVBEgyCVMAE8u4v

After so long they still have that thing as their icon.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How hard is it for devs to add a logo in the corner of the screen or something? Most of the bad icons I've seen could easily have a readable logo added to them that looks good.

BIG NEWS! Steam World Dig 2 just got updated including a new icon without that weird border, it looks so much better now!
DY2Y9IJU0AA7bL5.jpg:large

SD2 is the game that just keeps on giving. Still doesn't beat the GOAT MK8DX, but it's easily 2nd or 3rd.

redlentil

Oct 27, 2017
Just popped in to praise the removal of the border on the Steamworld Dig 2 icon. Although I loved it generally, my heart sank when I first saw the border. Now it is probably my favourite icon on my home screen (and such a great game too)

Status
Not open for further replies.