• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TBH that looks... pleasing? All of them being pixel art and all.
8112.jpg

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
You know a while back at the old place I didn't really get why this was an issue for so many people, but now that I have a nice sized digital library on mine I totally get it lol. The latest offender for me? Darkest Dungeon, that icon is hideous! Has there been any news on whether they plan on replacing it? (sorry if this was mentioned already)

id1102975274

Crap, I really don't know how to add images but this link shows what it looks like:

https://itunes.apple.com/lu/app/darkest-dungeon/id1102975274?mt=12

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
You know a while back at the old place I didn't really get why this was an issue for so many people, but now that I have a nice sized digital library on mine I totally get it lol. The latest offender for me? Darkest Dungeon, that icon is hideous! Has there been any news on whether they plan on replacing it? (sorry if this was mentioned already)

id1102975274

Crap, I really don't know how to add images but this link shows what it looks like:

https://itunes.apple.com/lu/app/darkest-dungeon/id1102975274?mt=12

Yes, it's awful. Luckily, a patch is coming to fix some bugs and it's confirmed they are changing the icon.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't mind the old Doom logo, but glad they've changed it only because my 4 year old finds it scary and I end up having to load other games to knock it off the home screen

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for bringing this back up, but he makes a damn good point in this interview. Switch icons are the games album art. I love how developers have started to become aware of its importance.
This seems so obvious. I don't know why a developer would present the icon as anything but album art. It is the first impression of the game on the menu, like boxart on a store shelf.

playXray

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wow, I thought this was just my OCD! Well it probably is just my OCD, but glad to see others feel the same way about these weird textless icons. I actually removed Sonic Mania once I finished it purely because the icon annoyed me so much.

Good to see there's some momentum here.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new Doom icon (of sin) is cool as hell. That plus the gyro addition means I need to get the Switch version.

jpv_13

Oct 30, 2017
Hope we eventually get an update to the Toki Tori 2+ Icon as well. Not the worst offender but still think it could be better.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
This is the icon that Nintendo has on their website for Night in the Woods. I don't understand why they have a different one for the actual game?

cover_medium.jpg

zA96R2xO6KuZ0UFi6_vhB9Kg224LpNgb8BHvcJPa4kN8jlh6SxVT4IK1kD5qTTZd1IzrrMIVX2u_CigN8Va9VLio2uZ_oziqNhBDP5hMHkJakg6663H8fulBTzy877l8JmUGO-jLTN0MiQ9evdQmZ0UCl9i35Jlofs2hVY2eh3CdixYtUAFDI3Jc6Gvk4QsktK6pvbaRNh3PCF1ktMkm1ZxaMUQ=w384-h384-nc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.