• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Gal Metal the other day and when I saw the icon I instantly thought of this thread.

Considering Switch icons are rather akin to album covers, they could have really gone in with the heavy metal theme of the game and made the icon look like a stereotypical metal cover.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Another wrong has been righted.

1929.png
arrow.png
2274.png

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
When is elder scrolls?! The icon may be there main reason I don't play it.
never. if they would have any intention of fixing that, they'd done it. their work with iron galaxy is finished, that's why nothing is coming anymore. they had continued working with panic button on all the doom/wolfenstein games, hence doom getting continued support and an icon update.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Robin64 Did you have a page for changed icons before/after at all?
Even just the afters would be useful. Sorry if I've missed it.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Alright folks, which icons do we want on the "Most Wanted" section of the thread?
Thinking particularly bad ones or ones from larger/more notable devs, it's quite tongue-in-cheek.

Hellblade seems an obvious start, alongside Resi 4.

http://www.switchiconshowdown.com/rankings.php
we definitely need a wall of shame with the big ticket offenders there (re4, skyrim, sanic monia): i'd actually call it that. most wanted, I don't know ...should be focused on realistic ones.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
we definitely need a wall of shame with the big ticket offenders there (re4, skyrim, sanic monia): i'd actually call it that. most wanted, I don't know ...should be focused on realistic ones.
Yes please. Skyrim and sonic mania haunt my switch
Alright will Hall of Shame it up!
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Skyrim
  • Sonic Mania
  • Hellblade
Add others that come to mind, will add to section.

Perfect, thank you.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Alright folks, which icons do we want on the "Most Wanted" section of the thread?
Thinking particularly bad ones or ones from larger/more notable devs, it's quite tongue-in-cheek.

My top 10

- Sonic Mania
- Hellblade
- World End Syndrome
- Resident Evil 4
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
- Severed
- Little Inferno
- Retro City Rampage DX
- Skyrim

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

I'd like to add The Jackbox Party Pack 3:

DWqJdlOWkAIq16u.jpg

There's no excuse for it. I doubt it'll ever get an update though since most of the Jackbox Party Packs don't get updates.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
How could I forget this one of the biggest wins from last year.

Robin64 looking through the thread, it seems updated icons for Bad North, Darkest Dungeon, Nine Parchments, and Monkey Tavern are also missing from your list.

Last edited:

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I randomly put old icons that were considered poor into my scrape tool to see what comes back, was very surprised to see that one. Much better.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Lmao, I'm working my way through the 'Redeemed' section for icons that have been bad but are now better, and think I'll give that last one (above) a miss Robin64.

General update - tonight I'll be trying to animate the joycon titles a bit and iron out the remaining content. Hoping to have it remaining bits finished tomorrow night and post Wednesday evening if people are happy.

Keep suggesting for Hall of Shame too if anyone has any more, ones noted so far are in.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Lmao, I'm working my way through the 'Redeemed' section for icons that have been bad but are now better, and think I'll give that last one (above) a miss Robin64.

General update - tonight I'll be trying to animate the joycon titles a bit and iron out the remaining content. Hoping to have it remaining bits finished tomorrow night and post Wednesday evening if people are happy.

Keep suggesting for Hall of Shame too if anyone has any more, ones noted so far are in.

don't put too much work into something that has been proven to not be read by more than a handful of people in all of time^^

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
This is another reason I didn't feel compelled to update my own OP.

Kyuuji is my better self — more responsible, and more kawaii.
People keep asking over and over again what so and so icon looks like. At least having Robin64's site linked in the OP would be really helpful. If you don't want to write something, you can use what I have below.

Curious what a certain Switch icon looks like? We have a database, thanks to Robin64, which will show you just that! It can be found here: http://www.switchiconshowdown.com/

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
People keep asking over and over again what so and so icon looks like. At least having Robin64's site linked in the OP would be really helpful. If you don't want to write something, you can use what I have below.

Curious what a certain Switch icon looks like? We have a database, thanks to Robin64, which will show you just that! It can be found here: http://www.switchiconshowdown.com/
In case you missed it, Kyuuji is making a new thread, which is what we were talking about.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I personally want a downwell icon update
It's not bad, but i don't like the black and overall high contrast. I think the one on the eShop is much better.

I messaged moppin but no reply

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Y'always lose a few subbed people who don't realise that the thread has moved and their sub is out of date, but yeah, I'd just assumed something like that would be possible - if not then there's not really much choice!
post link to new thread, close old thread so anyone clicking to see what the latest post is gets a link to the new thread. anyone who can't do that wasn't paying that much attention to the thread anyway.

Jan 25, 2018
London
I personally want a downwell icon update
It's not bad, but i don't like the black and overall high contrast. I think the one on the eShop is much better.

I messaged moppin but no reply
I completely agree! I'm really not a fan of the Downwell icon either.

[NOTE]: You'd be far better off messaging Devolver Digital than you would Moppin. I think I'll pop them a line, too!

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Downwell current icon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>< Website icon

don't you dare make them change it.

Kyuuji how's it coming along? thought this was gonna be a quick turnaround, not a PhD thesis XD

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Kyuuji how's it coming along? thought this was gonna be a quick turnaround, not a PhD thesis XD
Lmao! Sorry, unexpected increase in work and having to go into the office today which is a 3hr commute each way. It's almost there just need to edit some of the copy and do a few animations. If you have Photoshop I can send you the PSD for a sneak peek when I get back tonight?

You only get one first impression too, so trying to put in some nice small details and generally polish it up before posting 😋

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
And the first few posts will still be "wtf why do you guys care that much? lmao you need to get out more its just a damn icon"

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Lmao! Sorry, unexpected increase in work and having to go into the office today which is a 3hr commute each way. It's almost there just need to edit some of the copy and do a few animations. If you have Photoshop I can send you the PSD for a sneak peek when I get back tonight?

You only get one first impression too, so trying to put in some nice small details and generally polish it up before posting 😋
No need, just wondering what happened^^

Status
Not open for further replies.