• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2018
42cd952d4527f87dcc703ywd1x.jpg
Phew. Thanks a lot. My wife isn't much of a gamer, but has been looking forward to this collection. I was about ready to mourn my eyeballs, but this isn't too bad.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Currently, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is far and away the most popular Switch icon as voted on my site. So now I am wondering if the standalone Torna icon will do nearly as well. I hope so, I like it!

371.png
1136.png

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The NES icon is well-done in theory, but it's such a blinding shade of red that you could see it from outer space. Which is helpful if you're an alien spying on humans playing their Nintendo Switch and wondering, "Why do these people play these clunky-ass games," but it's a bit obnoxious otherwise.

May 29, 2018
The NES icon is well-done in theory, but it's such a blinding shade of red that you could see it from outer space. Which is helpful if you're an alien spying on humans playing their Nintendo Switch and wondering, "Why do these people play these clunky-ass games," but it's a bit obnoxious otherwise.
I wonder if they could have made the name of the Nintendo app any longer...

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
The design of the icon makes sense with the Famicom version, since the two Famicom controllers are visually distinct from one another. The NES version looks like it just stacked two normal controllers on top of each other for no reason.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I preordered Dragon Ball FighterZ (loved it on PS4, excited to have it on Switch), and I was surprised there are TWO icons. Turns out the second icon, which is in Japanese, is for an obscure Super Famicon fighting game that you get as a preorder bonus, lol. I deleted it — you can always re-download it from your eShop account.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I preordered Dragon Ball FighterZ (loved it on PS4, excited to have it on Switch), and I was surprised there are TWO icons. Turns out the second icon, which is in Japanese, is for an obscure Super Famicon fighting game that you get as a preorder bonus, lol. I deleted it — you can always re-download it from your eShop account.

Uuuuuuuuuuhhhh dude, is not obscure at all. That game was HUGE, and it was also the first decent DB Fighting game

You only get it by preordering DBFZ, so enjoy it. It has some historic value.

batrush

Nov 4, 2017
Any screens?

Jan 25, 2018
London
velocity2xd2cpo.jpg

18 months later and some devs still don't get it.

(Velocity 2X, which is a great game....shame about the icon)
Maybe Futurlab went with this icon on purpose?! With their current financial situation, we're aware that the studio needs Velocity 2X to do big numbers on Switch. The cynical side of me thinks a sub-par icon will generate a little more attention. Then they 'fix' it by replacing the icon with the one they intended to use all along, resulting in extra sales (from those on the fence, etc) for listening to their fans. I'm probably way off here, but either way, V2X is a great game that's deserving of a crack at a fresh audience, and I wish the guys at Futurlab nothing but the best.

Last edited:

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
velocity2xd2cpo.jpg

18 months later and some devs still don't get it.

(Velocity 2X, which is a great game....shame about the icon)
Not only does it fail to fit the recommended look, but even the quality of the current icon seems subpar in terms of clarity (or is that only due to some compression from the upload?)
Pretty bad icon all around.

Gricean

Aug 30, 2018
Does anyone have the icon for the Banner Saga Trilogy (physical release)? I've heard it's a single icon for all three installments.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It really annoys me that devs continue to put text or logos at the bottom of the icon where it gets covered up by the overlay when the game is running. It's not the worst icon sin committed on the Switch, but it's a personal pet peeve of mine.

Gricean

Aug 30, 2018
Oh? I thought it was supposed to release on the 21st? I saw a comment from someone who implied they already got it:

UberTag said:
The Banner Saga Trilogy offered on cartridge is its own unique SKU with a distinct Switch icon entry gate to the three unique entries in the trilogy (the transition is similar to how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 switches back and forth between its main game front-end and that for the Torna expansion DLC).

I'm pretty happy to have the cart to be perfectly honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.