• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
This game needs to a PS4 patch to fix the brightness and crashes. I'm nearing end and had what was the 10th crash right after killing a boss.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Finished after 41 hours, easily the best soulsborne of the gen after booodborne.

Top tier combat, level design and build personalization and a shitload of weapon and armours, what do you want more from an AA title?

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
This game needs to a PS4 patch to fix the brightness and crashes. I'm nearing end and had what was the 10th crash right after killing a boss.
Yes, I'm pretty annoyed that we still got no patch on ps4. I put the game on hold for the last third and play other stuff at the moment, while waiting. Otherwise the game would be in my top 5 this year.
Combat, level design and loot hunting/farming is awesome.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017

I had significantly more crashes in NG+ for some reason. Once right as I was about to kill a particularly annoying boss. I was.......upset.

Henry.Swanson

Jan 27, 2018
Playing the first game just now and loving it, looks like giving them time to fix performance in the second will be a benefit!

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I made it past the
Power plant
and got lost af while I was in the zone and it took me probably hrs to get to the boss. Didnt know where to go because I kept having to flip all these switches. I keep feeling like every zone is a maze (except Forest that one clearly marks all the paths) and it's just so weird because I cant recall ever being lost in Dark souls, Demons', Sekiro, bloodborne, etc. And in Sekiro some of the zones were very vertical as well.I literally played Dark Souls 3 after taking a break for yrs with no memory of the zone I was in. I immediately sprinted to the boss the level design is intuitive as heck in those games. But something bout Surge I just have a miserable time trying to find the next spot to go

Also whats up with fast travel they gimped it as hard as they could. I cant even fast travel to that camp where Benjamin (guy you free in the beginning). They want me to catch hooks all the way back??? Even in Sekiro you could tele between bonefires. Looks like fast travel only works between two zones only

Getting so close to the end though. Game is really dope but I have a few bones to pick with it.

there's so many good points though- scifi dark souls, atmosphere, story is good (but Dark), etc. Definitely a solid 8/10 easy for me so far

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So yesterday was a sad day. The game didn't even chart in the top 20 on the NPD... Makes me think wanting DLC or a Sequel might be impossible now. :(

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Been goofing around in NG+ and it's more fun now since I know where to go, etc. The story comes together much better too

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Alright, finally got round to finishing it. Gud gam. Was rather proud of having fewer than average deaths for every stage/boss in entire game until the last boss where I apparently died more than twice as much as the average.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow I am surprised people liked this so much. How does it fare against Surge 1, because it was quite mediocre when I tried in PsPlus days.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I am surprised people liked this so much. How does it fare against Surge 1, because it was quite mediocre when I tried in PsPlus days.

I only played some of the original game. I heard the DLC for it was quite good and I picked it up but never actually played it, because I never played the first game all the way through.

Obviously people will always compare this series to Souls, because that's clearly the inspiration for it, but this game feels far more like it's doing its own thing than the first one did. I'm enjoying playing it, I think a lot of the overall improvements they've made have fine-tuned the things that worked well about the first game and have made it more enjoyable.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I only played some of the original game. I heard the DLC for it was quite good and I picked it up but never actually played it, because I never played the first game all the way through.

Obviously people will always compare this series to Souls, because that's clearly the inspiration for it, but this game feels far more like it's doing its own thing than the first one did. I'm enjoying playing it, I think a lot of the overall improvements they've made have fine-tuned the things that worked well about the first game and have made it more enjoyable.
They should really offer a demo for a game like this. Did they on PS4 ?

Late Flag

alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see a patch is out. I'm just about to finish the game I'm currently playing and I have a three day weekend coming up -- that seems like a sign that it's time for me to pick this one up.

buset

Jul 25, 2018
Glad to see a patch is out. I'm just about to finish the game I'm currently playing and I have a three day weekend coming up -- that seems like a sign that it's time for me to pick this one up.

Yeah, if you're on PS4 Pro don't hold your breath, patch note says "various improvements". Still the same screen tearing, bizarre brightness and various texture loading issues it seems.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like some free weapon Dlc is dropping today (tomorrow Xbox one) only saw a pic of what looked like a double duty scythe which I will definitely be using lol. Fingers crossed for helicopter blade

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I've been trying the new patch on PC and performance has improved significantly. Not that would be hard, I've posted a few protests concerning how bad the game ran. So even though I have to put everything on low, I'm getting a steady 60 fps early game which wasn't true before. And I must add that the executions look better than ever because of this. I'm trying all weapons types and some of those are beautifully brutal. Or brutally beautiful. One of those.

Hopefully this remains true for the entire game, I felt performance became ever worse as I moved foward in the story.

Also, I need the Severed Rotor Blade asap! Please be in the next patch!

lcap

Oct 27, 2017
So, the brightness is still bizarre. The slider is now correct (even though The 'best' setting is on minimum) but in game it still looks reaaaally bright and washed out. Xbox one X btw

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Two things.

1. I love the colors they use for rarity. Something about it makes me happier to rank up stuff.
2. Does anyone else just farm enemies you know drop stuff to upgrade to get yourself ahead of the game?

Like I just ran into my first Lv 9 enemies and so I farmed them over and over and got all my stuff from MK7 (though some was already MK8) to MK9.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah seems like for sure performance has improved a bit on PC.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Two things.

1. I love the colors they use for rarity. Something about it makes me happier to rank up stuff.
2. Does anyone else just farm enemies you know drop stuff to upgrade to get yourself ahead of the game?

Like I just ran into my first Lv 9 enemies and so I farmed them over and over and got all my stuff from MK7 (though some was already MK8) to MK9.

Yep.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man who thought it was a good idea to put TWO Technogenesis enemies in the same small ass room in NG+ lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat the game at 21 hours. That was fantastic. Granted I do think I liked the final portion of Surge 1 more than Surge 2 but despite that overall Surge 2 is far the better game.

Thoughts on the ending stuff and NG+

Despite being really fucking easy, Archangel Eli was a cool looking boss and arena. So happy his weapon and armor can be used. Though sad his weapon is a heavy. Though it's so cool I'm willing to make an exception. Still working to craft the full armor in NG+.

In the end I forgave him, cause you know. Being the bigger person and all.

I assume there is 3 endings?

1. Where you leave Jericho
2. Where you kill Eli
3. Where you forgive Eli

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also for NG+

I love the different intro. Knowing what you know makes it all the cooler. I hope there is more changes in NG+, thus far I noticed some late game enemies showing up already. To which I like that you can upgrade past Mark X. Though kind of sad you start the color scheme over again haha. I will likely continue NG+ and look up to see what I missed or could have done differently.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the joys of NG+.

When you can go to an area you wouldn't dare go to in your first run and now have all your armor at MK15 and a MK16 weapon and you haven't even seen Little Johnny yet. And having a MK9 healing injector.

Question... It's not possible to screw up your game cause you go to areas out of order, right?

(Also Pro Tip, for those getting into NG+, you keep all of your audio logs so you can go to the rumor vendor and instantly get 75k.)

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ah, the joys of NG+.

When you can go to an area you wouldn't dare go to in your first run and now have all your armor at MK15 and a MK16 weapon and you haven't even seen Little Johnny yet. And having a MK9 healing injector.

Question... It's not possible to screw up your game cause you go to areas out of order, right?

(Also Pro Tip, for those getting into NG+, you keep all of your audio logs so you can go to the rumor vendor and instantly get 75k.)
You can't go out of order, you don't have the hooks or emp at the start of ng+