• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Not an oversight, that's the point of the quest, to give up or not give up your armor to help someone.
Shouldn't be an issue since farming parts is very easy too. I had four+ sets upgraded by then.

Higher tier mats break down at a 1:2 ratio, should be less than 20 min to get it back up to where it was.

That obviously isn't the point of the quest since not everyone will be using that set.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused: it looks like I can buy extra implant slots for more tech scrap, but I don't see an option anywhere to do so. Am I missing something or does this option get unlocked later?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That obviously isn't the point of the quest since not everyone will be using that set.

That is the point of the quest, he needs the A.I.D armor to pass by security, it's in the dialogue.
It's an extremely easy armor set to get, super early game.
Giving up that or the GAIA set for the bar guy is not an issue at all imo

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does armor size effect anything? It seems like just sticking to the height D is the most beneficial

Do you mean armor type? It does affect defense, stability, impact, stamina consumption and core power consumption.

But there is one exception to this rule:

7151.jpg
I'm confused: it looks like I can buy extra implant slots for more tech scrap, but I don't see an option anywhere to do so. Am I missing something or does this option get unlocked later?

You unlock more implant slots by leveling up your character. The number near those slots is the Core Power requirement to unlock them.

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
I'm coming up on a section in the AID center with a message saying something about a major story point and it being a point of no return. Is this a true PONR where I should clean up loose ends beforehand or am I good to push on?

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming up on a section in the AID center with a message saying something about a major story point and it being a point of no return. Is this a true PONR where I should clean up loose ends beforehand or am I good to push on?

Without saying to much...

that warning in AID Center is not the true point of no return, but... let's say that some things will change. The story will not end there but stuff will happen. The definitive point of no return is near the final boss battle and you will know when that will be.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
That is the point of the quest, he needs the A.I.D armor to pass by security, it's in the dialogue.
It's an extremely easy armor set to get, super early game.
Giving up that or the GAIA set for the bar guy is not an issue at all imo

You are missing the point, but I'm not going to argue with you.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I knew if the weapon I'm using is "good,"
General's ACU V2

but man, it is destroying everything in sight. Nothing I've picked up has been comparable.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Should I give the Bartender my Level 5 Archangel armor? I worked hard for it but I could just farm a new set again...

Bought to go fight Delver again for hopefully the last few times tonight.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Btw there's a really good twin rigged weapon that you can get slightly earlier than is probably intended

Spoilers up to Delver, one sidequest:
The graffiti tagging quest reward from the DJ of Cloud9. Great stats including fire damage and you get it at mark 6. You just need to tag each of the six areas. In rough order these are
Jericho Downtown
Port Nixon
Gideon Rock
AID Centre
Cathedral (power plant)
Underground
However you can get to the entrance of Cathedral (in Port Nixon) and Underground (various entrances) early on, so you can unlock this weapon as soon as you get into AID - which I think requires beating Delver?

Anyway, that a Mark 6 twin rig, pretty much a straight upgrade over Johnny's Forceps, unlocked before I had any mark 6 crafting material.

Thanks for this, just got it

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean armor type? It does affect defense, stability, impact, stamina consumption and core power consumption.

But there is one exception to this rule:

7151.jpg

You unlock more implant slots by leveling up your character. The number near those slots is the Core Power requirement to unlock them.

How did you unlock that armor? Completing the quest successfully? I got the weapon but not the armor.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How did you unlock that armor? Completing the quest successfully? I got the weapon but not the armor.

That weapon is unrelated but you will receive one new weapon with the armor.

If I'm not mistaken, you can only start this side quest after the first point of no return. You start it by talking to a guy near the counter at Cloud 9. Then you have to go to the Cathedral of Spark, talk to him there (he's inside a room near the first medbay) , explore the area a bit, and return to him.

When you complete the side quest, the armor will be available in your inventory.

What's everyone's favorite armor set?

Mine is Nano Ward. It's great for parries.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm up to just before Delver and I'm wondering if I'm equipped well. Currently rocking Mk. V Vultr set with a Mk. V AID Nightfall Helmet. My weapon is
Brother Truman's Faith
Spear also at Mk.V. Currently level 52 with 39 points in health, 29 stamina and 12 battery.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
That weapon is unrelated but you will receive one new weapon with the armor.

If I'm not mistaken, you can only start this side quest after the first point of no return. You start it by talking to a guy near the counter at Cloud 9. Then you have to go to the Cathedral of Spark, talk to him there (he's inside a room near the first medbay) , explore the area a bit, and return to him.

Yeah, I
talked to him a few times. He'd go off, I would see him in the Cathedral, he'd pop back up in that room and repeat a couple of times. The last time I talked to him he had the option of continuing on or going back to the bar. I told him to continue on. When I found him again, he was dead in that pool of water up above the Cathedral main area which is where I got the weapon (but he was still alive in that medbay room when I went back...).

Unrelated, exactly what is needed to beat one of those Gideon Rock statues with their own weapons? I've tried using the GAIA spear, full armor, the GAIA laser, parrying/not parrying..

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I think the game deserved better reviews, I am encouraged to see that it seems to be doing pretty well and received well by players. Definitely more hype than the first game had.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I
talked to him a few times. He'd go off, I would see him in the Cathedral, he'd pop back up in that room and repeat a couple of times. The last time I talked to him he had the option of continuing on or going back to the bar. I told him to continue on. When I found him again, he was dead in that pool of water up above the Cathedral main area which is where I got the weapon (but he was still alive in that medbay room when I went back...).

Oh, ok. Yeah, I chose a different option.

I told him that it was enough and that he should get back to the bar. I met him one more time in a comic book store and he gave me his weapon and his armor.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, ok. Yeah, I chose a different option.

I told him that it was enough and that he should get back to the bar. I met him one more time in a comic book store and he gave me his weapon and his armor.

Good call.
I figured that had to have been the right option (if not that, then clearing out the area ahead before talking to them). I'll have to try that out in my eventual NG+ run for the other ending.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's favorite armor set?
I've been almost exclusively using the scavengers set. Literally the first set you find! But the bonus is a health boost every time you do a finisher, which is just so useful for farming as you go along (can finish every enemy without worrying about saving battery for health).

The only time I've changed was for Delver, where I needed the set with high elemental resistances (Incubator?).

Just recently I've found some sets with more interesting looking bonuses, so I'm thinking of changing it up.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the area immediately after the "turning point".
It feels a bit like I'm playing the first game again, but in a good way.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm still rocking the pre-order set, love the colors.

I am pretty sure I've done all the side quests/exploration before Delver, time to move on with story...26 hours and 300,000 tech scrap banked later lol

I sure do take my time exploring.

Oct 27, 2017
The Delver boss fight was so good. I got my ass handed to me multiple times before I finally figured it out—had to overcome my avoidance of directional parries. I'm working on side-quests right now before continuing on with the story. I'm rocking the spear from the statues in Gideon rock and it's really fun to use.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
While I think the game deserved better reviews, I am encouraged to see that it seems to be doing pretty well and received well by players. Definitely more hype than the first game had.
yeah Steam reviews started out neg but quickly became super positive after people with current PCs with min spec or higher got a chance to vote.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck man I've been stuck on this boss for a while now

Delver Echo Gamma. Fucker is two shotting me and failed parries stack nano damage. Oh and the arena is the size of a shoe box

And also for fucks sake I'm 20+ hours into the game get this fucking "you need stamina to do anything" hint off my screen

Edit 2: Aaaaaand he's dead. Went down easily too after all that raging.

Parry him 5 times for the stun. Charge attack on his head. Keep head targeted and get as far away as you can to bait his tackle. Spam heals when nano damage gets too high

Last edited:

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fuck man I've been stuck on this boss for a while now

Delver Echo Gamma. Fucker is two shotting me and failed parries stack nano damage. Oh and the arena is the size of a shoe box

And also for fucks sake I'm 20+ hours into the game get this fucking "you need stamina to do anything" hint off my screen

Go to options and disable both tutorial options, hopefully gets rid of it

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
second phase of Delver is tricky with the parry

Don't parry it. Dodge when he runs and bait his wall attack with the nano piles. Destroy them quick and you'll see his health drop fast. Third phase you won't take a single hit if you follow my strategy below.

Also, I finally beat that bastard! Lol. I found the first boss way more annoying. This guy just took patience.

Last edited:

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Made good progress tonight after Delver.

Got a new medbay unlocked at AID Command and slowly making my way across that level.

Level 55, still using the spear from Gideon Rock and I'm using a decent JAGUAR armor set.

Less frustration after Delver but I'm sure I'm just getting started difficulty wise.

Goro Majima

Oct 29, 2017
Finished the game last night. Amazing.

Anyone going for the platinum? I have 70% of the trophies. Looking at the trophy list it seem doable, but I guess the remaining ones would take me long time to get.

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
Yesterday i played more then 12 hours. Jesus. I just love this game. So addictive.

But the texture loading bug is constant. Honestly, i suprised when the game crashed once,
and after that i saw the world clearly for the first time. :'D

...for...like...3 minutes, before it went back to the beautiful blurry mess.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Still stuck on Delver.

I've got through the first phase but the 2nd phase is becoming difficult.

I feel like the parrying is effective but the stamina goes fast.

I have no buffs regarding parrying.

I'm gonna keep trying but man, this is a tough fight.

Maybe I should reroll my build and put more in Stamina and less in health?
for the second phase i just equipped the weapon who gives most energy for hit (the sword of the precedent mid-boss)and slugfest with him, couple oh hit and cure, and repeat.
if you don't have a weapon with at least 60 of energy proficiency plus some chip who gives you more energy don't try this method.