• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, little Johnny is washing me. tips?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, little Johnny is washing me. tips?

Not sure if it actually makes a difference but try and destroy the tubes on his face and then move to the outside ones. I find they're more annoying to kill.

And it's good to give him distance, he punishes a lot and so sometimes it's best to just get a few hits in and back off.

If you can try and use your drone to hit the face tubes.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, this game is surprisingly brilliant. Only disappointment are the visually are a bit underwhelming.

Ep5ar

Nov 2, 2017
I'm having trouble getting a trophie/achievement to pop.

Not story related but I mention some locations from the game.
So I'm gonna tag this as a spoiler just to be safe.

Does anyone know how to get the "Counter-Sniper" trophie/achievement ?
" Killed all enemies operating sniper turrets "
There is a early one near the Seaside exit that I remember.
And two more in front of the power plant.
Any info on the amount, location or timing for these enemies would be appreciated !!!

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have thoughts regarding surge 2 vs remnant if i'm only going to buy 1 of them? both look quite tempting.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
18 hours and I just got to Gideon Rock, I am obsessed with exploring every corner and getting all armor sets before I move on to next areas.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I got to Gideon Rock today after doing a bunch of extra stuff. I thought getting all my gear to Mark V would prepare me, and the enemies are easy but man the statue and nano enemies are fucking tough. They just do so much more damage. My strategy for the statues is to go for the spear arm first. Not really sure what to do for the others... They aren't as tanky but still strong.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I got to Gideon Rock today after doing a bunch of extra stuff. I thought getting all my gear to Mark V would prepare me, and the enemies are easy but man the statue and nano enemies are fucking tough. They just do so much more damage. My strategy for the statues is to go for the spear arm first. Not really sure what to do for the others... They aren't as tanky but still strong.

join me in parry and stun city.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
join me in parry and stun city.

giphy.gif

I've abandoned parry and am squarely in dodge city.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I beat Delver. Took me 6 or 7 tries. I had to actually learn to... parry to get the first part down. Honestly in some ways his second form is just the worst. I noticed the gimmick of that phase but depending on how fast you get it's health down it won't do it more than once or twice.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Well I got past Cervantes, I got all the way to Delver and I'm stuck.

What build of health, stamina, and battery is everyone working with? Mine is mostly a balanced attack with it even across all three fields.

I have Level 5 Armor set and a Level 5 weapon but Delver is still kicking my ass. I've watched some videos online and it seems like the parrying is key but I can't parry well because my stamina bar is depleted or I mistime it.

Anyways taking a break and coming back to the game on Monday night, Game is an absolute blast but I am garbage at these boss fights and it bums me out...

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Well I got past Cervantes, I got all the way to Delver and I'm stuck.

What build of health, stamina, and battery is everyone working with? Mine is mostly a balanced attack with it even across all three fields.

I have Level 5 Armor set and a Level 5 weapon but Delver is still kicking my ass. I've watched some videos online and it seems like the parrying is key but I can't parry well because my stamina bar is depleted or I mistime it.

Anyways taking a break and coming back to the game on Monday night, Game is an absolute blast but I am garbage at these boss fights and it bums me out...

Yeah all the bosses from Delver on are parry battles. I recommend just having a parry set as one of your loadouts and stacking every parry implant you have. One thing I noticed is that you have to start your parry a little before the attack hits you to get the perfect parry. And spamming parry doesn't help because it burns your stam, so unfortunately you just have to learn the timings.

One implant I never took off was the "stamina regens faster when you fill a battery" because stamina is at such a premium in this game.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Parrying is only viable if you play with controller though. It's really poorly made on mouse + KB IMHO. Anyway, goidg dodge is perfectly viable too, although definetely less powerful than parrying.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
If you can't get the timing down with parrys, just dodge everything. This is how i killed Delver including getting his weapon.

Last edited:

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Man Delver was tough, still not sure how I was supposed to be doing the second phase of that fight.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I feel like the dodge is ineffective against Delver because it has such long range. I'll try the parrying option.
So with Delver what you can do is ignore parry. Jump around and when it runs towards you as a dive bomb dash away and then before it gets up damage spam it with a spear.

At least in the first phase of it . I didnt have fun parrying it

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Parry is very effective in the second phase, because he's constantly dashing from one side of the arena to the other. Outside of that, dodge is good enough.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
The Delver has been fallen.

My tactic? Grab a pair of fists, and go head-to-head with him the first two phases, parrying while abusing the shit out of the "hit enemies to get health potions" mechanic when hit. Block the second phase's unparryable attacks sans the crystal launch, and the dash.

As for the third phase, stop parrying, and start dodging. The margin of error gets really low in that phase.

Fun fight.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit the stranger is totally
Warren
:D

There was a bug prior to launch, dunno if it is still there or not, but when you
meet the stranger in the hospital, you can keep talking to them and receive a Grade V weapon part every single time.
handy for upgrades if you want to try other weapons

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing others know but during the second phase of the Delver,

when it jumps away and starts "bombing" you, you can destroy the nano things that are dropped onto the ground. If you do it won't be able to retrieve them and get the health back.

Thought that was a clever little mechanic.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Parry is very effective in the second phase, because he's constantly dashing from one side of the arena to the other. Outside of that, dodge is good enough.
You can't parry that can you?

I felt like I was missing something with his dash attack. I could avoid it easily enough but I didn't get much chance to counterattack after it. He would usually recover before the camera turned around to face him.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You can't parry that can you?

I felt like I was missing something with his dash attack. I could avoid it easily enough but I didn't get much chance to counterattack after it. He would usually recover before the camera turned around to face him.

The dash attack? I don't think you can parry it.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does armor size effect anything? It seems like just sticking to the height D is the most beneficial

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Still stuck on Delver.

I've got through the first phase but the 2nd phase is becoming difficult.

I feel like the parrying is effective but the stamina goes fast.

I have no buffs regarding parrying.

I'm gonna keep trying but man, this is a tough fight.

Maybe I should reroll my build and put more in Stamina and less in health?

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I've only being upgrading this A.I.D set and now in order to complete this quest I gotta give it up? Kinda wack

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Still stuck on Delver.

I've got through the first phase but the 2nd phase is becoming difficult.

I feel like the parrying is effective but the stamina goes fast.

I have no buffs regarding parrying.

I'm gonna keep trying but man, this is a tough fight.

Maybe I should reroll my build and put more in Stamina and less in health?
I felt hopeless with this dude as well. I leveled the A.I.D. armor as high as I could, made sure I had the 4th battery and implants that slowed decay and also gaining energy when hitting the enemy, some implant that speeds up stamina regen or something. There are also dudes at the A.I.D. command area that drop crafting materials that are higher than the Gideon area btw. You can get really really far in those areas.

I couldn't parry but blocking worked OK enough on the first form. Prior to this boss, I never blocked or parried anything. I never bothered parrying or blocking the 2nd form, only the first. He's just too fast. I always destroyed the clusters the 2nd form would throw out as that damages him. I used the single-rigged superheated firestarter for its speed in relation to energy gain. The third form is just like, keeping your distance until he rolls at you.

I feel like that boss was way too OP for that point in the game but it's doable. I'm not even particularly good at the game but got it after the 7th or 8th try. You'll get it.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just got to Cerventes, trying to find my way back to him. Gideon's Rock is a maze, I love it.

edit: found shortcut

Last edited:

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Btw there's a really good twin rigged weapon that you can get slightly earlier than is probably intended

Spoilers up to Delver, one sidequest:
The graffiti tagging quest reward from the DJ of Cloud9. Great stats including fire damage and you get it at mark 6. You just need to tag each of the six areas. In rough order these are
Jericho Downtown
Port Nixon
Gideon Rock
AID Centre
Cathedral (power plant)
Underground
However you can get to the entrance of Cathedral (in Port Nixon) and Underground (various entrances) early on, so you can unlock this weapon as soon as you get into AID - which I think requires beating Delver?

Anyway, that a Mark 6 twin rig, pretty much a straight upgrade over Johnny's Forceps, unlocked before I had any mark 6 crafting material.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I let it go and changed to the Rhino set since I was tired of looking like a Ninja turtle anyway. Still an oversight.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I let it go and changed to the Rhino set since I was tired of looking like a Ninja turtle anyway. Still an oversight.

Not an oversight, that's the point of the quest, to give up or not give up your armor to help someone.
Shouldn't be an issue since farming parts is very easy too. I had four+ sets upgraded by then.

Higher tier mats break down at a 1:2 ratio, should be less than 20 min to get it back up to where it was.