• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
The pic isn't in 25p folks. Doesn't look like Eddie Murphy unless you've only heard him described to you during a game of telephone. Looks like a darker skin black dude with 80's fashion.

666a11445326e63b8d5ccd1be2eceb66.jpg

978.gif

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like he looks close enough to Eddie in a tiny gif to confuse people who don't actually know what he looks like.

And Pepe the frog. It's everywhere on Discord, and I've even seen left-wing people "reclaiming" it.
I would argue pretty strongly that the smug version of the meme is the only one that ever became associated with the alt-right. Well, that and that groyper/clown nonsense.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
i wonder how many people have a degree of face blindness

I would argue pretty strongly that the smug version of the meme is the only one that ever became associated with the alt-right. Well, that and that groyper/clown nonsense.
The one associated with "REEEE" also seeing as its mocking autism

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I had no idea about Roll Safe. That is fucking hilarious. Sacha Baron Cohen levels of delivery on that character. Surprised he didn't do more.

I thought the meme image was from some show. Good to know the source now and it's even better than the meme by it's self.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Today I learned on ERA that all black men look alike. 🍵

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I consider myself pretty terrible at facial recognition but even I am flummoxed by the Eddie Murphy confusion

Unless folks were seeing the image at a teeny tiny resolution or from the other side of the room, I don't understand how that mistake could be made

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Today I learned a lot of people have no idea what Eddie Murphy looks like.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
C'mon this guy doesn't even remotely look like Eddie Murphy.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Oh Robert Redford played the antagonist in Winter Soldier. He looks so different now.

no actually he only looked much different in that movie, it's like another person holy shit.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at these Eddie Murphy posts.

It's like when people thought bearded Robert Redford nodding at the camera was Zach Galifianakis.

Edit: oof beaten badly

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
i wonder how many people have a degree of face blindness

My wife thought I was racist when she first met me, but started to suspect something was up when she realized I had trouble telling white people apart as well.

I didn't realize I had face blindness until fairly recently, I just thought everyone was like this. It's not that I can't see faces, but that I have practically no short-term memory for faces and it's difficult for me to move faces into long-term memory.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
seriously

lotta people outing themselves in here
No. in their eyes, I look like Eddie Murphy too.
not all black people look alike lol
I guess any black man with a moustache is Eddie Murphy to some people.
Confusion must be a black man and mustache thing.
Today I learned on ERA that all black men look alike. 🍵
Casual racism on the first page.

Not sure what I was expecting.
get your eyes (and racism) checked, era

Rolls eyes. Yes, clearly everyone that thought it was Eddy Murphy is a racist.
Just recently I found out that Michael Cera was not the main actor in Zombieland and The Social Network as well.