• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
avY8fPS.png

With ARK: Survival Evolved coming to Gamepass this month (downloadable now), these are the games you can play with Gamepass on PC:

• Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears of War 4
  • Sea of Thieves
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • State of Decay 2
  • Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
  • Halo Wars 2
  • ReCore:Definitive Edition
  • Riptide GP:Renegade
  • Snake Pass
  • Ruiner
  • Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure
  • Super Lucky's Tale
  • Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection
  • Hello Neighbour
  • Disneyland Adventures

9wOLj2a.png

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Game Pass is rumoured to be officially announced for PC at CES next week, so that game count could be increasing drastically very soon.

Obviously we know it's already coming either way because of Nadella's recent comments. Will be interesting to see how they make it work given the distinct lack of games on the Windows Store (compared to Steam). It would have to go hand in hand with them getting increased support from publishers on the Store itself too.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass is rumoured to be officially announced for PC at CES next week, so that game count could be increasing drastically very soon.

I'm wondering how they are going to expand that list in a short amount of time. Emulation? At this point we know the list will grow, the issue is quantity.
If it brings more strategy games to both platforms I'm all for it.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really interested in seeing how Game Pass pans out on PC, cause the sheer value and excitement of seeing what gets added might tear me away from Steam as an ecosystem.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
"Xbox has the key gaming community and the monetisation capabilities. Whether it's first-party games or third-party games, we are best-in-class in that monetisation and that's what's reflected in the results.

"So given that structural position, we are going to make sure that we keep increasing the strength of the community. You see that already with Minecraft going to all platforms and that increasing the intensity of the community and you'll see us do more of that. Obviously, bringing Game Pass to even the PC is going to be a big element of that."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-25-microsoft-says-xbox-game-pass-is-coming-to-pc

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
@ me once they put MCC on there.

Used Game Pass to play GoW4 and it worked fine for me (apart from the awful Windows Store UI/UX).

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious if the game pass on PC will be entirely separate from the Xbox offering or will be an extension to it

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
avY8fPS.png

With ARK: Survival Evolved coming to Gamepass this month (downloadable now), these are the games you can play with Gamepass on PC:

• Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears of War 4
  • Sea of Thieves
  • State of Decay 2
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Snake Pass
  • Ruiner
  • Super Lucky's Tale
  • Hello Neighbour
  • Disneyland Adventures

9wOLj2a.png
This list is basically just Forza Horizon 4 to me. Its a hard pass until they start dropping some big titles that I care about.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Play Anywhere games not on Gamepass:
- A walk in the Dark
- Astroneer
- Cuphead
- Deep Rock Galactic
- Defunct
- Everspace
- Fable Fortune (f2p)
- Fallout Shelter (f2p)
- Fearful Symmetry & The Cursed Prince
- Forza Horizon 3
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Full Metal Furies
- God of Light Remastered
- Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition (f2p)
- Little Triangle
- The Long Dark
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War
- Overdriven Reloaded
- Phantom Dust
- Pinball FX3
- Spacelords
- Resident Evil 7 biohazard
- Romancing SaGa 2
- Silence The Whispered World 2
- Songbringer
- Spheroids
- Tacoma
- Thimbleweed Park
- Voodoo Vince Remastered
- We Happy Few

Coming soon:
- Crackdown 3
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Ashen (maybe? maybe? meh. )

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I think the hold / drop of third party Play Anywhere Games speaks volumes.

I know they are reworking the platform to allow it to be easier so it would make sense to relaunch with the official launch of PA on PC.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
It's neat that I can play Sea of Thieves or Forza Horizon 4 with PC friends taking advantage of the frequent deals on Game Pass. Gonna be killer if they seriously push the service on PC.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Obviously we know it's already coming either way because of Nadella's recent comments. Will be interesting to see how they make it work given the distinct lack of games on the Windows Store (compared to Steam). It would have to go hand in hand with them getting increased support from publishers on the Store itself too.

I wonder if they'll announce it arriving soon, or if it's something a bit further out. I always figured it would be something that would release alongside some sort of an overhaul of the Windows Store since it sounds like Phil Spencer wants to focus a bit on having it work better.

I'm also curious if it'd be a separate subscription, or if you just subscribe to Game Pass and it includes both the PC and Console variants.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Used it a ton for Forza Horizon 4 and it worked great but if they want the service to pick up on PC they will have to dramatically change the way games are delivered. Either a full restructure of the Microsoft Store or a stand alone app (like the xbox app). Right now it seems to be a mess for a lot of people.

I'm also curious if it'd be a separate subscription, or if you just subscribe to Game Pass and it includes both the PC and Console variants.

Probably same subscription. It works great as it is already without being officially supported, would make no sense to cause more confusion to costumers I think.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a bummer seeing Mutant Year Zero there but only on Xbox. Hoping the rumors are true, it gets an official launch this year on PC.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I wonder if they'll announce it arriving soon, or if it's something a bit further out. I always figured it would be something that would release alongside some sort of an overhaul of the Windows Store since it sounds like Phil Spencer wants to focus a bit on having it work better.

It would only make sense to officially announce it when they have something concrete, as they already unofficially announced it via Nadella. And yes, I fully expect it to launch alongside a revamped PC store specifically for games. Phil made that sound like something for the future rather than the now at X018 though, but that might not necessarily be the case. We should find out soon enough.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
I remember Microsoft showing off a way to put Win32 executable's in a UWP wrapper to add them onto their store. If they offered that to Indie devs with no requirement to add Xbox Achievements they could get a lot of games easily.

It'd basically be free money for the devs and would pad out their store.

Last edited:

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what type of support we'll see for PC. I don't expect it to match the Xbox library, unless they are doing it through streaming. I think it would be a massive undertaking otherwise - may still be even with streaming. Perhaps they'll restrict it to only XPA games? Really curious on how they do this.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what type of support we'll see for PC. I don't expect it to match the Xbox library, unless they are doing it through streaming. I think it would be a massive undertaking otherwise - may still be even with streaming. Perhaps they'll restrict it to only XPA games? Really curious on how they do this.
Like I HIGHLY doubt what I'm about to say would happen, but what about just straight up adding any UWP game to the gamepass but you can only play with controller / have a slight lack of settings unless updated by the devs?

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it isn't "officially" on PC yet they have a hell of an uphill climb. One, their PC store is actually generations behind every other competitor on the market. Two, EA is providing an incredible service in Origin access at half the price (third the price if you sub for a year). Three, they have over a decade of bad rep with PC gamers to get over. Lastly, they have no regional pricing in place thus cutting off a large section of the market.

But it doesnt matter anyway, "Xbox/MS/Windows will push their support for PC games" is a headline that happens every six months or so with no real changes. I am surprised people on Era still fall for it.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Even if it isn't "officially" on PC yet they have a hell of an uphill climb. One, their PC store is actually generations behind every other competitor on the market. Two, EA is providing an incredible service in Origin access at half the price (third the price if you sub for a year). Three, they have over a decade of bad rep with PC gamers to get over. Lastly, they have no regional pricing in place thus cutting off a large section of the market.

But it doesnt matter anyway, "Xbox/MS/Windows will push their support for PC games" is a headline that happens every six months or so with no real changes. I am surprised people on Era still fall for it.

So we shouldn't talk about it when Satya Nadella mentions Gamepass on PC at a shareholders meeting? I can't disagree with any of the things you said, besides the last sentence.

It'll be a hell of a battle. But I think having beloved pc developers like Obsidian, inXile and Mojang and proven that they've improved their pc games (just compare FH4 and Sea of Thieves to the Gears 4 and FH3 launch). They'll be able to gain some market share.

But yes, EA's Origin Access is a way better deal as of now.

Deleted member 10234

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will be interesting to see what they do to improve the PC side. As it is I am definitely enjoying my 1ā‚¬ month (playing Forza Horizon 4 right now, possibly State of Decay and Recore later), but I'm not planning to keep an active subscription. But I do the same with Origin Access, subscribe every now and then to play an interesting game or two.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
avY8fPS.png

• Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears of War 4
  • Sea of Thieves
  • State of Decay 2
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Snake Pass
  • Ruiner
  • Super Lucky's Tale
  • Hello Neighbour
  • Disneyland Adventures

9wOLj2a.png

Ark is not currently available for download on PC, though.

Oct 29, 2017
If they can get 360 and original Xbox games working on PC, I will subscribe so fast it would make their heads spin!

Make it happen MS!!

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how they are going to expand that list in a short amount of time. Emulation? At this point we know the list will grow, the issue is quantity.
If it brings more strategy games to both platforms I'm all for it.
Most of the games on game pass for Xbox already have PC versions. Not really many Xbox only games on there.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Either they are going to wrap some x32 games in UWP or put Xbox only games on their, but you need a controller or something
This is my thinking as well, question is how much work is it to get this done?
Regardless, the Play Anywhere Initiative, while it was anaemic this generation will be much stronger next gen.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Either they are going to wrap some x32 games in UWP or put Xbox only games on their, but you need a controller or something
the only reason I'd see them doing emulation would be for some old 360 and original xbox games. But tbh there are not that many of those that don't have pc versions as well so probably not worth it.

So yeah, for the MS Store, they will package the PC versions into appx or whatever and sell it just like they sell photoshop or whatever today.

I wouldn't put it past them to partner with other storefronts as well and extend game pass to Steam etc...

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm gonna finally give this a shot--I always forget about the bonus PC games and hope next week brings a big announcement. I don't think I play enough to take full advantage of it but it seems worth checking out for a free trial, at least.
It's not a service for PC players yet. The PC games are a bonus for XB1 Gamepass subscribers. Chill.
Hence why it isn't officially launched on PC yet.
Try and start the year a bit more positive! ;)
It is great, with over 200 games. This is just games on the service that are 'Play Anywhere' and therefore also playable on PC. The service hasn't launched on PC yet (hence "Xbox" Game Pass).

But I have a feeling you knew that already.
Gamepass isn't on PC dummy šŸ˜‚
Well given that Game Pass hasn't actually launched on PC, anything greater than zero is nice.

lol

Zaitengrate r u ok

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is my thinking as well, question is how much work is it to get this done?
Regardless, the Play Anywhere Initiative, while it was anaemic this generation will be much stronger next gen.
In theory for the Xbox titles and wrapping x32 games? Not much. Hell for Xbox titles MS can even just make a keyboard to controller emulation, or just require the controller.

Iirc someone at /build was able to wrap up Witcher 2 to UWP stupid fast.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
the only reason I'd see them doing emulation would be for some old 360 and original xbox games. But tbh there are not that many of those that don't have pc versions as well so probably not worth it.

So yeah, for the MS Store, they will package the PC versions into appx or whatever and sell it just like they sell photoshop or whatever today.

I wouldn't put it past them to partner with other storefronts as well and extend game pass to Steam etc...
Oh I'm not talking emulation, I'm saying release some of their console only games on the service but require a controller and or use an official KB+M to controller emulator. They will probably also require their anti cheat features turned on to play