• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm over in Athens, where we have over 40 confirmed cases now. I think we were the first city to declare a shelter-in-place order, but it was too-little too-late either way.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah I live in a middle georgia county and we just had our first death. Tested positive but supposedly it's not what they died from, but I think it's a sign that community transmission has started here since it seems he could have been passing it on for a while now.

Also obligatory fuck Kemp

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
That's Albany. One of my students had a grandmother from there who is now dead because of this outbreak.

I live an hour from Albany and my sister works at Express Care in Tifton. Albany has it bad right now. They are having to spend people to surrounding hospitals. I saw a ambulance rush through Tifton the other day from Phoebe (Albany medical system). Scared the crap out of me.

Edit: Asking cause I legit don't know. Has anyone recovered in Georgia yet?

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
My parents live in georgia too. My mom is on immunosuppressant and both her and my dad are in their 70's. They have taken steps to be safe, but I see the spikes and it's not good. I worry about them all the time :(

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The state's lack of urgency in responding to this has been nothing short of criminal. Given what is happening in Atlanta and Albany, we have every reason to be under a shelter-in-place order at this point. Kemp is such a piece of shit.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Living in Georgia as well, and its really becoming a nightmare, especially those of us in essential business. Now I dont live near atlanta, but for my job, i pretty much visit every walmart between south atlanta down to columbus. Every single one is a shit show, with most customers not giving 2 fucks about distancing. People are starting to get bored at home, so walmart is giving them the temptation to go out and buy non essential stuff either. Theres still plenty of commuters that will go in and out of the more affectes areas as well, and that alone will cause this to continue to spread. 85, 285 and 75, all still have bad traffic.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ, the national totals are going to be brutal today, were already close to 20k before we even get to the late evening updates a lot of states give which end up adding like, 3k cases on a normal day. 600 deaths will be cleared, maybe 700. We are tracking way ahead of Italy and Spain now from the time of the 1000th death and on.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
live in Cobb county here, and it's been depressing. We're doing what we can and just staying inside as much as we can, but despite preparing well in advance for this shitshow and getting everything we need, we still need to go to the grocery store every week or so.

Fuckin terrifying how quickly it's escalated here in Georgia. Think it was just a week or so ago when we were still under 1k, and now seeing the jump in cases from yesterday to today, we'll probably be at 10k before the week is over.

I really need to re-apply to the university I'm transferring to this week, and change my semester of entry to fall. I'm fuckin terrified that universities at some point are going to just open back up.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Have a family member who is 65 and is a regional manager for a company that works in home depots. She goes all over north ga and is constantly telling people to get back while they just laugh. She's still working because bills gotta get paid(especially now that retirement probably got wiped out), but I worry...

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in south GA and it's a shitshow. I'm "essential" so I have to go to work and Kemp is a pos.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I live in Midtown, and it's been infuriating to see the footage of people who are still going to Piedmont Park and/or the Beltline.

Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people are going to realize the significance of everything until it hits them square in the face. I'm just hoping that our hospitals can withstand the surge over the next few weeks.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Having the same issue in Mississippi. Governor refuses to do anything beyond suggesting social distancing and being extremely lenient on what is and is not 'essential'. The south is going to be hit really hard I think. I have graphic design friend working every day with about 50 others; they make labels for southern/Cajun food products. The only time they've addressed the pandemic was closer to spring break when they brought them into a meeting to say how they were essential, it would all pass very soon because Trump had it under control.

My friend has pretty severe asthma. His position is perfect for allowing him to work and communicate from home. The lax attitude around what is and isn't essential is allowing his employer to take advantage of his job security. They're already a pretty disgusting place for not providing him health insurance even though he's full time but what they're doing is incredibly dangerous. The person who owns the company is very old so they have no true involvement in the day-to-day of the company, or capable of understanding the current state of the world, so it won't be him who it affects and it's upsetting. This dude is my closest friend, I would lose my mind if he died because no one was willing to be a grown up and take the reins.

I have no idea if there is some endgame these southern governors are gunning for, like furthering their political careers through impressing Trump by keeping their economies going, or if they truly are afraid the state/southern economies could never recover, or if they truly aren't able to comprehend what's going on around them. It doesn't make sense. If the virus reeks havoc on these communities, it doesn't matter who you know higher up because you're going to look like a piece of shit that allowed it all to happen. If the state economy can't handle the shutdown, fight for federal aid for the people of the state. If they simply have no understanding, that somehow is more understandable than playing political games or propping up the economy during a crisis.

Last edited:

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I was furious last weekend when I found out my dad, 74, went to work. He works outside as a surveyor but still can come into contact points like gas pumps. My wife is a nurse at Cobb Hospital so it's all been very stressful.

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Central GA here. My girlfriend works right across the street from the hospital too. She already had anxiety issues anyway but they're still open and every day she's having panic attacks at some point. Fucking hate it.

Last edited:

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Fuck Kemp a million times. He cheated his way into election and its hard to think of a worse person leading during this shit.

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
I live in Cobb Co., and people here are treating this like an extended vacation. Sizable amount of people at grocery stores at seemingly all hours, striking up conversations with one another face-to-face without a care in the world. No one cares about personal space here.

And Kemp is incompetence personified. Steals the election from Stacey Abrams then does fuck-all with it. I can only imagine how quickly and decisively Abrams would have acted if she was at the helm.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I live in Midtown, and it's been infuriating to see the footage of people who are still going to Piedmont Park and/or the Beltline.

Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people are going to realize the significance of everything until it hits them square in the face. I'm just hoping that our hospitals can withstand the surge over the next few weeks.

Yep, asides from no bars or restaraunts, its business as usual here in midtown.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
i dont think people realize just how bad it is on the beltline right now.

032920-CV15_20200328160450.jpg

this was a few days ago, people are dumb
PREVENT
AVOID
PROTECT

Great shirt to wear for your social distancing.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i dont think people realize just how bad it is on the beltline right now.

032920-CV15_20200328160450.jpg

this was a few days ago, people are dumb
People need to stop shaming people for going outside to run or bike. This particular shot's perspective makes people look a lot closer than they actually are. In addition, jogging or biking right next to someone you are already living with is no additional danger. I'm not gonna get on anyone for this shot.

That said, people need to be smart about it, and especially in places like Florida, they are not.

kagete

Oct 27, 2017
I was furious last weekend when I found out my dad, 74, went to work. He works outside as a surveyor but still can come into contact points like gas pumps. My wife is a nurse at Cobb Hospital so it's all been very stressful.

my wife also works at Cobb hospital and complains constantly that Bed Control is just letting covid patients overflow to unprepared med surg floors like hers.

Folks here just don't believe it because of their politics. When a random waffle house employee tested positive in Canton several weeks ago I knew GA had it everywhere by then.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
I live near Savannah, the city is 'shelter in place' and there's only 26 cases confirmed which seems impossible given the population

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
People need to stop shaming people for going outside to run or bike. This particular shot's perspective makes people look a lot closer than they actually are. In addition, jogging or biking right next to someone you are already living with is no additional danger. I'm not gonna get on anyone for this shot.

That said, people need to be smart about it, and especially in places like Florida, they are not.

Trust me, i live right on the Beltline which is where this photo was taken, and I can assure you that people are way too fucking close in numbers way too fucking numerous. They definitely aren't taking this seriously.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
my wife also works at Cobb hospital and complains constantly that Bed Control is just letting covid patients overflow to unprepared med surg floors like hers.

Folks here just don't believe it because of their politics. When a random waffle house employee tested positive in Canton several weeks ago I knew GA had it everywhere by then.

Mine works in the ER, so they haven't felt the brunt of it since they tell people up front they don't test for it in there but she did have an already diagnosed patient who she had to transport to another floor to get intubated. I also have an old friend/former coworker who is in his early 70's who Usually frequents that WH, thank goodness he's still doing fine.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
www.ajc.com

Kemp deploys National Guard to help nursing homes battle virus

The state will deploy more than 100 Georgia National Guardsmen to assisted-living facilities and nursing homes with coronavirus cases to help limit exposure to the disease among the most vulnerable residents.

Kemp deploys national guard to help nursing homes battle virus

? Ok.... What? Thats the plan?
I'm an LPN in a nursing home. Instead of soldiers to help with infection control we just need more staff all around. Our nursing and kitchen staff are all severely overworked as many are out on self quarantine. We already work 12 hour shifts and now are picking up extra days as coverage is so short.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I lived in marietta for two years before moving back to south florida in november, I'm sorry this shit is happening. The first time I saw his commercials when he was running I was so fucking confused as to how people can vote for such a clown. Stay safe.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't vote for him and am largely critical of most of his policies, but the Governor of Ohio has been mostly pretty outstanding wrt to the response. It's truly staggering he's GOP.

Indiana's governor has been pretty good too. Hasn't been too far behind Ohio or Illinois in terms of what he's ordered.

You can really see the divide between the sane Republicans who are still around as Governors and the people who got in just by being Trump sycophants/conspiracy theorists.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
This pollen does not care about one day of rain, we need another week long session

I'll take anything at this point. The pollen count was in the high 8000s this weekend. Like, I can feel my throat swelling itself shut just thinking about it.
All that rain this winter and now it's over a week between brief showers. Errgh.

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild here how much people are just piling up at parks. I drove by Alatoona last weekend and literally people were parking on the street it was so packed.

And fuck Kemp

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I lived in marietta for two years before moving back to south florida in november, I'm sorry this shit is happening. The first time I saw his commercials when he was running I was so fucking confused as to how people can vote for such a clown. Stay safe.
My family lives in Marietta

We should've had a Loser Leaves Town match where I gave you a stunner on the way out :)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take anything at this point. The pollen count was in the high 8000s this weekend. Like, I can feel my throat swelling itself shut just thinking about it.
All that rain this winter and now it's over a week between brief showers. Errgh.
My trash is caked the stuff, taking out the trust means a Benadryl instantly afterwards

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
New Numbers for GA have come out.

dph.georgia.gov

COVID-19 Status Report

These data represent confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the Georgia Department of Public Health.

Also I have to say I really really don't like the ranges this site uses for it's coloring. It makes it look like only Atlanta counties and Albany are the only places with alot of cases. But you got to have over 120 cases to leave the lowest range. That's ridiculous.

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Damn it why does this forum show tables in the previews and when you post them it doesn't show up?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oh fuck there's more in my county then I thought. I work at the biggest grocery store within an hour drive, thank God I still have gloves and hand sanitizer