• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
variety.com

‘Star Trek: Picard’ Season 2 Adds Annie Wersching as Borg Queen

"Star Trek: Picard" Season 2 will see Jean-Luc squaring off against an old adversary: the Borg Queen.

This is interesting as I thought Patrick Steward said he was done with the Borg.
Getting a strong alternative universe vibe from S2 btw.

Variety has confirmed that Annie Wersching will play the Borg Queen in the second season of the Paramount Plus series. Wersching will now be the third actress to take on the role after Alice Krige played the leader of the Borg Collective in the film "Star Trek: First Contact" and in "Star Trek: Voyager" series finale. Susanna Thompson also played the character in multiple episodes of "Voyager." Exactly how the Borg Queen will factor into Season 2 is unknown, but chances are it will involve some manner of time travel. An early trailer for the new season, which also gave fans a tease of John de Lancie returning as Q, hinted that time would be a major theme of the next installment of the series.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
wonder why they didnt bring back alice kring, woulda been fun

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Given how much of a nothing the Borg ended up being in S1, this is disappointing.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, who wouldn't guess Borg based on S1? Also including time travel and Q? It sounds like a disaster, but hopefully they can pull something off.

Oct 25, 2017
Your redaction the title isn't much of a redaction lol with that definite article and third person plural verb.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Poor Susanna Thompson. Pretty sure she starred in the role for longer than Krige!
but krige was in STAR TREK: THE EXPERIENCE and that's all that counts

MV5BODk4NmQ0NWMtMGVhMy00NjhmLWEyNmMtNjcyYzlkYmRkMzUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzMxNDQ0NQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
but krige was in STAR TREK: THE EXPERIENCE and that's all that counts

MV5BODk4NmQ0NWMtMGVhMy00NjhmLWEyNmMtNjcyYzlkYmRkMzUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzMxNDQ0NQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

The Star Trek Experience was so much fun. I only got to go once, on it's final 2 days, but other than most the shops being closed, it was a blast. The two rides were great, and Quarks was lots of fun.

syndicalist

Oct 25, 2017
there are multiple borg queens, aren't there? in any case, i wish they would move past the borg but with picard and locutus, you can afford to revisit it. and now that jeri ryan is seemingly main cast, that's also a thing.

anyway, i hope they write a story this season

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
just browsing memory alpha and what the fuck

In the miniseries The Q Conflict, as part of a contest between various omnipotent beings organised by Q, Trelane challenges the four competing crews to capture a Borg Queen for his menagerie. After being transported to a unimatrix, the Queen is captured by a team consisting of Captain Picard, Spock, Odo and Seven of Nine.

I didn't know it was so recent so I put it behind spoilers. I figured it was a 90s novel or something. It kinda looks cool maybe.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
No doubt another full season of dreary hopelessness and forgetting what made TNG so good.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Are we going to get a cgi de-aged Picard I wonder? AS bad as the first one season may have been I'm still looking forward to season 2 of this more than any of the other current Trek projects (with Section 31 likely not happening one has to wonder).

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
just browsing memory alpha and what the fuck

In the miniseries The Q Conflict, as part of a contest between various omnipotent beings organised by Q, Trelane challenges the four competing crews to capture a Borg Queen for his menagerie. After being transported to a unimatrix, the Queen is captured by a team consisting of Captain Picard, Spock, Odo and Seven of Nine.

I didn't know it was so recent so I put it behind spoilers. I figured it was a 90s novel or something. It kinda looks cool maybe.
If anyone could do it, it's those four. Damn what a lineup.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
The first season was so boring and uninteresting that it took the arrival of familiar faces in the guise of Riker and Troi to get any kind of excitement in it. It was genuinely very pleasing to have them show up and see the attachment they have with Picard, something that doesn't exist with his new crew yet and will have to be earned. I didn't even know I wasn't enjoying the new series until they appeared and some actual genuine cameraderie was evident.

But even then Riker later showing up with his fleet of ugly, bulbous, low effort copy and paste ships based on a single design to face off with the Romulans didn't really do much to keep me interested.

The Borg is back? Yawn. I'll watch it, because it's Star Trek. But the first season was so dull and dreary that I'm not looking forward to it. How telling is it that an animated show about low level cadets on a low level ship is far more interesting than a series that puts Patrick Stewart front and centre more than anything? A series actually called Picard?

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
So far everything points to Tapestry being to Season 2 of Picard what Measure of a Man was to Season 1. They are expanding the concepts of that episode, so no the Borg are not returning, they are part of Picard's past like the Enterprise or the Stargazer and they are being revisited in the same context as the whole Nausicaan Incident in Tapestry.