• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
This is hype! Super happy for Josh.

TSSM still has some of the funniest quips I've heard from Spidey. This one in particular lives in my brain rent-free, since 2008.

View: https://youtu.be/Bf-vLQfcA6o?t=10

Excuse me. Can I come in this way, or do I have to break my own window?

I've been rewatching the series to do my part and there's a bit where Peter is fighting Mysterio and talks about "Premature EJOKEulation" and I fucking died.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Flash and MJ are the most interesting characters in the supporting cast of this show.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But whose fault is it that Peter is a pariah? and tbh Flash has done worse by actually physically assaulting him and stealing his things

Is this really the thing to get hung up on, the point of Flash in that scene is that even he can see what an asshole Peter is being, him being a bully doesn't negate that

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
But whose fault is it that Peter is a pariah? and tbh Flash has done worse by actually physically assaulting him and stealing his things

Peter (and Harry) have slowly moved their way into overlapping social circles with the popular kids over the course of S1, thanks to a) football tryouts, b) Liz being tutored by Peter, c) MJ joining their school and vouching for/being seen with Peter, d) Harry briefly 'dating' Glory.

Flash of Episode 1 probably never would have heard about Pete's aunt being sick. Flash of Episode 12 has a (begrudging) growing respect for Peter as a peer, and seeing him being a shitheel to others in his social circle and his own friends he felt he had to step in and tell him he was being out of pocket. And Flash was right.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Flash and MJ are the most interesting characters in the supporting cast of this show.
MJ knows he's Spider-Man right?
Peter (and Harry) have slowly moved their way into overlapping social circles with the popular kids over the course of S1, thanks to a) football tryouts, b) Liz being tutored by Peter, c) MJ joining their school and vouching for/being seen with Peter, d) Harry briefly 'dating' Glory.

Flash of Episode 1 probably never would have heard about Pete's aunt being sick. Flash of Episode 12 has a (begrudging) growing respect for Peter as a peer, and seeing him being a shitheel to others in his social circle and his own friends he felt he had to step in and tell him he was being out of pocket. And Flash was right.
True Flash laid off more, especially when MJ appeared.

Also why does Sally hate Peter so much?

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Everyone in her life enabled her, he pushed her to be better and wasn't willing to hang around and enable her. He showed her that she could be more than she was.

The part when he left her when she wasn't putting effort into studying and said "you need this not me, so when you're ready to learn let me know" was great.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
She's incredibly shallow and has bought into the whole high school caste system. Anything that doesn't improve her social standing with the other kids is something she can't tolerate.

In short... she's a huge jerk.
Exactly. She doesn't hate Peter as a person, she just hates him because she feels she's "supposed to". Plenty of kids in school fall victim to that stratification without ever investigating or reflecting on it.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The show is so rewatchable

Steve Blum doing his best Joker for Green Goblin
Not complaining it's just a great voice

Last edited:

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Ok why were people mad at Peter for the Lizard thing again?

Do you really not get it?

Curt had turned into The Lizard. Martha, Gwen, and Eddie were all scrambling to save him before he hurt himself, or anybody else. Peter did not help in this effort at all--he snuck off and took pictures instead. He cared more about making money off of Curt than helping to save him. They thought Pete was a friend, but he abandoned them and exploited Curt for personal profit.

Remember, they have no idea he is Spider-Man.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
There has to be some way to get the powers that be to make more of this show.
Its too damn good to be forgotten to time.
And it leaves all the other Spider-man shows in the dust.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Do you really not get it?

Curt had turned into The Lizard. Martha, Gwen, and Eddie were all scrambling to save him before he hurt himself, or anybody else. Peter did not help in this effort at all--he snuck off and took pictures instead. He cared more about making money off of Curt than helping to save him. They thought Pete was a friend, but he abandoned them and exploited Curt for personal profit.

Remember, they have no idea he is Spider-Man.
No forgot about it

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There has to be some way to get the powers that be to make more of this show.
Its too damn good to be forgotten to time.
And it leaves all the other Spider-man shows in the dust.

Sony still have the rights to the show. Disney would have to pay Sony to make more. Disney is never going to do that when they can just make their own Spider-Man show.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This was the worst thing Peter did in the show no contest (poor Liz)

Jeez right in her face, I didn't remember this scene.

giphy.gif

Although he did just as bad to Gwen at the beginning of S2.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Jeez right in her face, I didn't remember this scene.

giphy.gif

Although he did just as bad to Gwen at the beginning of S2.

What did he do to Gwen at the start of S2
I love everything about this show except for how shitty Peter is.

(And the lack of female characters who aren't love interests. We need more Silver Sables.)

He's a dipshit A LOT in the show but I heard it's true to the comics where Peter can be kind of a jerk quite a bit.
Liz has more patience than most people

Most people would have ended the relationship right there and then or slapped him (and he would have deserved it).

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
What did he do to Gwen at the start of S2

He's a dipshit A LOT in the show but I heard it's true to the comics where Peter can be kind of a jerk quite a bit.

Most people would have ended the relationship right there and then or slapped him (and he would have deserved it).

They're doing lovey dovey eyes for the first couple episodes but he keeps ignoring her to go talk to Liz, or ignoring her when Liz comes up to hug him/distract him. MJ calls him on it...and he tries to hit on MJ while she's giving him advice.

I guess it does a pretty good job of showing what it would actually be like to for a late bloomer to get buff over a summer and suddenly have all kinds of feminine attention, but Pete is still navigating these waters with a broken paddle.