• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know, I know. But still. Poor Scorpion can't suit up in the most popular Spider-Man media and the best Spider-Man show.

It's only notable because this show used the Molten Man, who isn't exactly the most prominent Spider-Man villain. Scorpion is probably the biggest Lee/Ditko/Romita Spidey villain that the show never used outside of Kingpin (who couldn't be used because of rights issues).

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite interpretation of the web head after Raimi's Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. So great. Need to give it a rewatch.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One decision I'm still unsure of even all these years later is Black Cat's father is the burglar who killed Uncle Ben.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Hope it comes to D+ in Europe too.
Love this show. Absolutley the best Spider-Man show to date.
I was so sad when they cancelled the show...

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, there's certainly a lot to like here, but I am a bit tired of the hole that is this love triangle subplot that's been going on for quite a while.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Finished all 26 and feeling bummed that there wasn't a proper conclusion to everything.

Have the writers ever said anything on what they had in plan? A bit of closure on the whole thing would be nice.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Finished all 26 and feeling bummed that there wasn't a proper conclusion to everything.

Have the writers ever said anything on what they had in plan? A bit of closure on the whole thing would be nice.

There were plans for at least another season and maybe a couple movie-length features (in which they may or may not kill off Gwen).

Even without any word, recognizing how this show will have characters feature in before they become supervillains, we saw Cletus Kasady, Miles Warren, and Roderick Kingsley, and Mac Gargan was name dropped--not to mention Harry was essentially evil at the end.

Last edited:

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
There were plans for at least another season and maybe a couple movie-length features (in which they may or may not kill off Gwen).

Even without any word, recognizing how this show will have characters feature in before they become supervillains, we saw Cletus Kasady, Miles Warren, and Roderick Kingsley, and Mac Gargan was name dropped--not to mention Harry was essentially evil at the end[\ispoiler].

The show really cemented how much of a garbage person Harry is.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Peter was so bad to Liz man he dumped after she lost her bro and at a lunch table out of the blue

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So Mary Jane liked Peter right?

Yeah. They were going to get together in the end, which never came to be because of the cancellation.

MJ just had commitment issues. Presumably she has the same backstory as her comics counterpart so that informed a lot of her decisions. She was also Gwen's friend, and clearly stood aside so Peter x Gwen could happen.

(MJ also knew Peter was Spider-Man. She's just a lot more subtle about it than Captain Stacy.)

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Pete acknowledges it, in a way. Doesn't he tell Liz she deserves better? Or doesn't deserve how he treated her?

See that's kind of lip-service because by that point he's saying that with the expectation that Gwen is also planning to dump Harry so the two can be together. The show really doesn't dwell on Pete being a bad boyfriend.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
See that's kind of lip-service because by that point he's saying that with the expectation that Gwen is also planning to dump Harry so the two can be together. The show really doesn't dwell on Pete being a bad boyfriend.

Peter's kind of an asshole. I hate how this aspect tends to get dropped in other Spider-Man adaptations.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

I mean yeah. Imagine how much that would hurt Liz, seeing her boyfriend immediately go with the girl she was afraid would steal him RIGHT after she lost her brother to prison. He was a complete dick here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So why did Flash call out Peter for blowing off his friends?

Character development? Flash actually becomes a decent guy by the end of the run, and as much as he rips on Peter he genuinely feels bad that his Aunt is near-death, and he can see how much of a boneheaded prick he's being by lashing out at everyone who offers him condolences. That specific scene is Flash saying "for a guy who's already a social pariah for being a geek, do you really want to go down this road of being a violent bitter incel?"

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Character development? Flash actually becomes a decent guy by the end of the run, and as much as he rips on Peter he genuinely feels bad that his Aunt is near-death, and he can see how much of a boneheaded prick he's being by lashing out at everyone who offers him condolences. That specific scene is Flash saying "for a guy who's already a social pariah for being a geek, do you really want to go down this road of being a violent bitter incel?"
But whose fault is it that Peter is a pariah? and tbh Flash has done worse by actually physically assaulting him and stealing his things