• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
I forgot if we knew about this but it the series is there nonetheless and I know it says one season but I de believe that the episode count shows it is both seasons of the show.

www.netflix.com

Watch The Spectacular Spider-Man | Netflix

This 21st-century edition of animated adventures charts the exploits of Peter Parker, who becomes Spider-Man as a result of a radioactive spider bite.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
vXbCCuK.gif

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Probably the show cancelation that hurts the most after all these years, in part because it was over corporate politics.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
It's cool--I was due for dropping everything and rewatching it anyways.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
You know what is insane?

If I search Spider-Man on Netflix (on Mobile mind you) it doesn't come up in the top results row. Or comic book row. Or Superhero row. You know where it shows up? You may also like. No shit Netflix.

So if new people who have never heard of this version of Spider-Man, and we're searching for Spider-Man content on Netflix, they probably would not see it.

You have to search for Spectacular Spider-Man. And Netflix did not promote this was coming.

WTF Netflix.

Internet, I usually am never this person, but please, for the love of all things good in this world, watch the hell out of this this weekend. Make it gets to trending or top 10 so it actually shows up in searches.

Make Sony and Marvel realize there's an audience. Please. For the love of all that is good.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
This show was the GOAT and best Spider-Man adaption ever. Yes I would trade Spider-verse and the PS4 game for this.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, lot of love here. Love Spidey, but never saw this. Guess I should fix that?

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
So it this more like a saturday morning cartoon or a little more mature like Batman TAS?

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
You know what is insane?

If I search Spider-Man on Netflix (on Mobile mind you) it doesn't come up in the top results row. Or comic book row. Or Superhero row. You know where it shows up? You may also like. No shit Netflix.

So if new people who have never heard of this version of Spider-Man, and we're searching for Spider-Man content on Netflix, they probably would not see it.

You have to search for Spectacular Spider-Man. And Netflix did not promote this was coming.

WTF Netflix.

Internet, I usually am never this person, but please, for the love of all things good in this world, watch the hell out of this this weekend. Make it gets to trending or top 10 so it actually shows up in searches.

Make Sony and Marvel realize there's an audience. Please. For the love of all that is good.
That explains it

I saw the news on Reddit earlier
It didn't show up for me
I searched for the full title and showed then

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
So it this more like a saturday morning cartoon or a little more mature like Batman TAS?
I'd say it's a little of both. Still the usual lightness you'd expect from a high school age Spider-man cartoon but it can get into some pretty heavy areas especially with the villains. Also unlike most Saturday cartoons, this one has continuity which also goes a long way when it delves into the mature moments.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Sony would find some way to bring this back from the Sony Pictures Animation studio that made Spider-Verse. That studio is just flooded with talent.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Spectacular Spider-Man is genuinely probably the best Spider-Man media in any medium ever, imo.

Please watch it if you haven't.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
That's nice to see. Such a good show I wish had gotten continued. I remember reading a bit on some of the plans for future seasons.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Best version of Spidey. Such a shame they cut it short (but at least the final episode was damn good). The voice acting was so on point, and Spidey's quipping is top tier. Only change I continue to not be sure if I like is how Kraven gets a beastly redesign when they power him up.
Best part of the series is still probably Tombstone though, he's always been shown as a second stringer in the comics (well, maybe not the current Amazing run) and here because Kingpin was not available to the writers, they basically made Tombstone this amazing badass evil crimeboss instead. He's probably my favourite villain in the series, close seconds are Doc Ock and Green Goblin.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Binged a few already, need MJ to show up already so Peter will get over Betty already lol

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
715.gif

fetchimage

KtotheRoc Hey it's that quote you love lol

LOL. That line changed Spider-Man forever. It was a meme decades before memes were even a thing, and was why MJ got turned into the love interest. Weisman had to fight to get it into the show (because Weisman is absolutely THAT kind of nerd).

Everything MJ said in those days should be a meme.

tumblr_l6jlr1jVld1qcgagno1_1280.jpg

(MJ spoke like this all the time.)

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Internet, I want to see this show in the US trending now section by tomorrow night. Top 10 shows by Monday.

I want Netflix to kick themselves for making it so hard to find the show and not telling people it was coming to the service.

And I want Sony and Marvel to come back to the office on Monday with jaws dropped about how big a streaming hit this show is.

Get to work people. The clock is ticking.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Internet, I want to see this show in the US trending now section by tomorrow night. Top 10 shows by Monday.

I want Netflix to kick themselves for making it so hard to find the show and not telling people it was coming to the service.

And I want Sony and Marvel to come back to the office on Monday with jaws dropped about how big a streaming hit this show is.

Get to work people. The clock is ticking.

Without this thread I wouldn't have even found it, tried for like several minutes to search it up and it just straight up doesn't show at all

Had to finally go back and click the link in the OP and then add it to My List to get it to stay put lol

LOL. That line changed Spider-Man forever. It was a meme decades before memes were even a thing, and was why MJ got turned into the love interest. Weisman had to fight to get it into the show (because Weisman is absolutely THAT kind of nerd).

Everything MJ said in those days should be a meme.

tumblr_l6jlr1jVld1qcgagno1_1280.jpg

(MJ spoke like this all the time.)

Silly comics lol

mbrook

Apr 14, 2022
Best version of Spider-Man for sure, better than 616, Ultimate, TAS, Raimi, Webb, MCU.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Sony and Netflix made a deal recently so I assume they're just dumping their back catalogue on the service

It's a cool show, shame it ended on a pretty big cliffhanger

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the best high school parker iteration. I've become quite partial to PS4 as far as Peter's go.

ITSV has yet to be beat for its Peter/Miles story.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I have netflix because of stranger things, will finally check it out. Seeing people say its better than their beloved raimi trilogy has me more intrigued than Morbius when he met Vulture.

Interesting to see Sony slowly drip feed their Spider-Man content into Netflix instead of just dropping it all there at once. First Amazing Spider-Man, and now this.

Eventually Disney+ will get the content, maybe it will do well there but thats going to be a few years.