• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

8dyN.gif

I'll allow it.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Wasn't there a leak ages ago saying Xena was gonna be in this? Sounds like Lego movie type shenanigans.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
I get that the answer is because they own the ip but I don't see why this is called Space Jam. Would be better as it's own thing.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bronny shouldnt have posted that Instagram video. Now LeBelt sent him to the Shadow Realm

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The real question we should be asking is how this movie fits into the canon of Barkley, Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds great, imagine Batman showing up and doing a 360 Batdunk

Robobadlad

Jun 12, 2018
Ben Mekler is the guy who always posts joke reviews of films he's "gone to the test screenings of", to try and catch out media who don't read his reviews thoroughly.

For example:

But... in this instance I can't even tell if it's a joke or not. I mean, surely anything goes in Space Jam 2, right?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the line I wrote for this film is still in it. ^^

(probably not but the story is still the same)

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, they are stuck in a computer and must win a basketball game that's controlled by an AI? The only way they'd win is if the AI wanted them to win. The AI can rig everything in its favor if it truly wanted to win.

Oct 26, 2017
Ben Mekler is the guy who always posts joke reviews of films he's "gone to the test screenings of", to try and catch out media who don't read his reviews thoroughly.

For example:

But... in this instance I can't even tell if it's a joke or not. I mean, surely anything goes in Space Jam 2, right?

In the comments he's saying 'too bonkers even for me' so I don't think he's making it up, and it totally aligns with previous rumours anyway.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
Mekler is my favorite twitter goofster but yeah he;s being truthful this time, lines up with the earlier leaks about it being a intercompany crossover, think we had someone on here talk about it before and it sounded amazing. There is leaked video from the movie's wrap party earlier this year showing filming and some of the crazy characters that appear, the screencaps have been posted already

here

pretty sure you can see the aforementioned Joker and Pennywise and Mask as well as the Wicked Witch from Oz and............. Michael B Jordan as Adonis Creed?
fun fact Creed director and Jordan's buddy Ryan Coogler produced this movie and cowrote the script which is v huge and going unnoticed, the other writer is the guy who made the movie Searching. Very surprisingly good pedigree for this flick

Last edited:

grand

Oct 25, 2017
This actually explains a lot of the leaks related to the movie. Somehow it now seems less insane

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or does that not sound wild at all? It sounds like the most basic "oh no we fell through a portal into a cartoon world full of references" setup you could go for for a Space Jam movie.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
found leaker from here from earlier this year

I worked on this production in some sort of way... obviously don't want to get too specific...but most of the OP stuff is accurate.

the only thing I disagree with is the Loony Toon worry, there is plenty of Loony Toons in this movie. There is a reason the movie wrapped last year but isn't coming out till 2021

[edit]

hmm yea disregard my post lol
Naw it goes really deep. Even Goodfellas and Exorcist deep. Don't forget Game of Thrones is WB IP too (well at least in videogames)
I really wouldn't make a big deal about the IP usage, tbh. They won't be animated (unless the IP was iconicly animated). And they are sparingly used for the most part. They aren't like huge characters with dialogue yelling at Lebron like Daffy Duck or Porky Pig would.
Interesting info!

But yea, there was no Jason character to be seen in this film.

Oddly enough, the production didn't get the full rights to use the Harry Potter IPs until well into shooting (they were inserted into already filmed scenes they were absent from). So there was definitely negotiating on certain IP by WB.

And finally, people expecting Voldemort and the Night King playing basketball against LeBron in the finale...don't worry, it's a much smarter and self aware movie than that. It's still basically Loony Toon characters teaming with LeBron against monsters/aliens(whatever)

(btw, LeBron was an incredibly gracious and humble guy throughout. I'm personally not a pro basketball guy, but he impressed me a lot. He gave a great and touching speech to the production about putting up with a non actor guy living his dream. He grew up a poor black kid with a single mother and apparently the original Space Jam with Jordan had a huge effect on him. Being able to carry on a sequel was a dream come true to him. He gave props to all the crew members and various production teams that helped him along in this venture. He got teary eyed. And it wasn't lip service cause he even would give money gifts to much of the lower rungs on the production ladder to say appreciation to their hard work and long hours helping to him look like he belongs in a major motion picture)

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
I hope Jordan will be cool enough to come back as the main villain but they would probably have him team up to help james at the end.