• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Listen

I love my dog with every fiber of my being

but that temporarily goes out the window when she starts licking herself

it is the most annoying fucking sound in the fucking universe

I try my best to distract myself and to just let it be but if she's still doing it after like 5 consecutive minutes I either go up to her and pet her so she gets distracted and stops or... I yell tbh :-(

Idk what to do has anyone else ever had a similar issue lol

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Don't yell at your dog for licking herself. Not cool
Obviously I know it's something that isn't fucking cool that's why I added a :-( after and asked if anyone else has dealt with something similar and what they did because I'd rather not. Never mind I'll request to get this thread locked since people like you will call me a devil

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I tell my dog to stop licking/scratching all the time. I think she does it on purpose sometimes because she only does it when I am laying down trying to fall asleep. She had all day to lick and scratch but she apparently only gets itchy when it's bed time.

niaobx

Banned
Aug 3, 2020
I tell my dog to stop licking/scratching all the time. I think she does it on purpose sometimes because she only does it when I am laying down trying to fall asleep. She had all day to lick and scratch but she apparently only gets itchy when it's bed time.

Mine does it in the morning and man it's soo annoying. I feel you OP.

Nov 21, 2017
Well, I certainly understand what you mean. My dog sometimes licks himself in the middle of the night, and the sound is amplified tenfold by the surrounding silence. The sound has weight unlike most sounds. It has wetness to it that you can feel in your bones. It is annoying as shit.

I let him do it, though. He is a dog after all.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
My last dog did this quite a bit, one of the first thing you should do is check if its something irritating her into licking, seeing if its a nervousness thing or something else.

My dogs licking got so bad his skin became raw from it, so I had to use a bitter spray on the area he licked so much. He was also chewing his foot a lot which let to a bloody discolouration in his fur. See if you can find a "Chew stopper" spray/ointment which will do the trick.

Pickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We need a dog vs cat max decibel lick off video because my dang cat drives me up the wall when its pussy munching time right at bed time, sounds like slapping meatloaf on the counter at baseball speeds

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'd get this too. Like when people smack as they eat. Esp my brother. It would enrage me.

You probably have an auditory problem where it sends you into rage hearing it.

"Misophonia is a disorder in which certain sounds trigger emotional or physiological responses that some might perceive as unreasonable given the circumstance. Those who have misophonia might describe it as when a sound "drives you crazy." Their reactions can range from anger and annoyance to panic and the need to flee."

This describes it perfectly. I too would get this just when dog was licking it's balls orrrrr hearing my bro smack while eating. Id always have to leave at he table. Or fight through it. But it would be like an emotional struggle to get through it. Not just an annoying sound like scraping the teeth with a spoon. It would make you angry.

Oct 27, 2017
That's one good thing about both our cats - they don't make that really irritating sound when cleaning themselves. I've had pets before that slurp and slurp and yeah, it can be really aggravating to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.