• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
This looks awesome, but then I remember it doesn't look quite as cool in-game when you're watching your characters from a distance. Still, if there was a pack that I'd purchase, I reckon this would be it.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like those kind of game packs. I want believable stuff that enhances the life sim aspects, like Parenthood. The goofy side of the Sims never really did anything for me.

Of course there's a specific audience out there that will be really into it, so have fun.

May 17, 2018
I really don't like those kind of game packs. I want believable stuff that enhances the life sim aspects, like Parenthood. The goofy side of the Sims never really did anything for me.

Of course there's a specific audience out there that will be really into it, so have fun.
Yeah, same. I feel like there are too many gimmicks - vampires, aliens, silly costumes etc. I've always wanted the Sims franchise to take a few more risks as far as gameplay is concerned but I don't think it will until a serious competitor comes along.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like a really fun game pack! Finally, I can make my sims live my wizarding world dreams!

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
This looks fun (for an hour) and everything but there are features in the game that should be expanded upon and added, instead of some quirky silly fun things that are amusing for a short while.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
This looks really fun. Now that the magic pack is coming, the last obvious one that we're still waiting for is university's add on, right ? Can't think of any other obvious DLC that is missing.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Seems crazy how Sims still has no plans to come to Switch. It makes way more sense than a PS4 or Xbox One version.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
my wife loves two things: the sims and harry potter. I might never see her again after this.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Sims 4 has the best Vampires in the series, so I can't wait to see what they do with magic.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
It'd be really cool if you could build houses or properties in that floating magic island area. But the website describes that as somewhat separate from the new Glimmerbrook neighborhood, so I dunno. This does look super neat regardless!

You can build on it with a cheat - can't find where I saw the tweet that says that's how but defo saw it :D it's the same cheat you can use to build on hidden lots like Sixam and Forgotton Grove

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, same. I feel like there are too many gimmicks - vampires, aliens, silly costumes etc. I've always wanted the Sims franchise to take a few more risks as far as gameplay is concerned but I don't think it will until a serious competitor comes along.

I think it's the opposite, they focused on build mode for 5 years, and Aliens, Vampires, and Ghosts were used pretty sparingly.

Sims 3 was a cornucopia of silliness with fairies, genies, zombies, witches racing their brooms down the sidewalk, etc.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing as all the sims 4 content is on sale this week I was considering jumping in on this game. What are must have packs and expansions?

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Seeing as all the sims 4 content is on sale this week I was considering jumping in on this game. What are must have packs and expansions?
Seasons is the must-have one, every other one depends on how you like to play, ie do you like occults, do you like single sims going on adventures or being ritsy, do you like family style play etc.. I generally recommend playing the game a bit to see what style of game suits best - everyone tends to have a different favourite pack. Did you play the previous Sims games? If you did, did you have a particular play style or fav pack you really liked? It would help give reccomendations.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Now I can finally recreate my Dragon Age OCs as sims with complete accuracy! Magic/supernatural stuff is always my fave part of the Sims, hands down. I'm so ready.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018