• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Are the households and buildings in the Library separate instances from the actual played households? Several of my households were created in steps, so I had multiples of them in the Library, and the game was using those to populate randoms around town. Obviously I didn't want this, so I deleted all the duplicates except for the most recent of each. This took care of most of them, but I still get the odd one and it's jarring. Should I delete the final copy of my households in my Library or will that fuck up my actual save games?

On a different note, I didn't realize that there were like ten different counter and cabinet pieces until my fourth house, and my kitchens look a lot nicer now. I really don't think Auto-Counter should be on by default.

You can delete them from your Library. They're separate instances. Don't delete them in the Households menu because that's where you choose to play as them.

I think the game pulls in townies from your library, or maybe there's a setting for it to happen, I forget.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Are the households and buildings in the Library separate instances from the actual played households? Several of my households were created in steps, so I had multiples of them in the Library, and the game was using those to populate randoms around town. Obviously I didn't want this, so I deleted all the duplicates except for the most recent of each. This took care of most of them, but I still get the odd one and it's jarring. Should I delete the final copy of my households in my Library or will that fuck up my actual save games?

On a different note, I didn't realize that there were like ten different counter and cabinet pieces until my fourth house, and my kitchens look a lot nicer now. I really don't think Auto-Counter should be on by default.
From what I know that is not supposed to happen. I have multiple versions of hundreds of families and pets saved in my library and unless I place them in the world they do not show up. Look at the household manager and delete unplayed/extra versions of your sims from there and then see if they still come back.

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017

Library-based households and buildings are separate from the households and buildings placed in-game.

If you select a household from your library, it creates a copy of that household that's placed in your save's "Household Management" list. When the game needs to call an NPC for whatever role, they'll pick one that fits the criteria from that list; if none can be found, the game might randomly create a new household with a Sim that fits the mold.

As far as I can recall, the game never takes households straight from my Library. Deleting Library-based households probably won't fuck up your save.

There are few pleasures in life like stuffing your kitchen full of every counter and cabinet option available.

Last edited:

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
From what I know that is not supposed to happen. I have multiple versions of hundreds of families and pets saved in my library and unless I place them in the world they do not show up. Look at the household manager and delete unplayed/extra versions of your sims from there and then see if they still come back.
This was the winning answer. There were two copies of one of my households in "unplayed households" for some reason. Now they are gone.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Anyone else having issues with queues not showing up when they should or sims just standing around for hours before actually beginning the actions in their queue? Like whenever work should start my sim is just standing around like a dingus and even clicking on them or the job tab doesn't give me the option to send them to work. It immediately pops up when I enter build mode though. Same for coming home from work. They sometimes stay for 2 hours past their work time unless I enter build mode.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having issues with queues not showing up when they should or sims just standing around for hours before actually beginning the actions in their queue? Like whenever work should start my sim is just standing around like a dingus and even clicking on them or the job tab doesn't give me the option to send them to work. It immediately pops up when I enter build mode though. Same for coming home from work. They sometimes stay for 2 hours past their work time unless I enter build mode.
it has to do with your performance i believe? try adjusting graphic settings. your sims game could be running just fine but if theyre standing there with the game unable to properly process tasks given to them it may be the game prioritizing running well over processing tasks.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, happens to me all the time. I try to make it a habit to save in a new slot instead of overwriting every so often. I made sure to slow down time by half with MCC.
I'm sure there's a technical fix out there but I haven't found it yet.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cool this has an OT, I basically use the Sims as an architecture/interior design simulator. It's really nice for that.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
There's various forms of this. Sometimes a sim will just kind of idle in place, not doing anything, not proceeding to their next task. Usually going into/out of the menu, or swapping between Build/Buy and Live mode will snap them out of it. Other times, it takes traveling to another lot (with any sim) and back, or jumping out to manage worlds, or re-loading the save. (My PC is relatively beefy by Sims 4 standards, so I don't think it's performance related.)

One problem I've been running into lately is when sims frequently bail on computer-based tasks long before they're complete, maybe only spending a few seconds at the computer before deciding to do something else (in my case, usually reading a book). They're not in a poor mood (ex. "too uncomfortable"), their needs bars aren't particularly low. Sometimes it happens with meal preparation, but it's super annoying when trying to get a sim to finish writing a book, doing college homework/research, etc. on a computer.

I don't like turning off free will entirely, but considering it.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
it has to do with your performance i believe? try adjusting graphic settings. your sims game could be running just fine but if theyre standing there with the game unable to properly process tasks given to them it may be the game prioritizing running well over processing tasks.
Yeah, happens to me all the time. I try to make it a habit to save in a new slot instead of overwriting every so often. I made sure to slow down time by half with MCC.
I'm sure there's a technical fix out there but I haven't found it yet.
There's various forms of this. Sometimes a sim will just kind of idle in place, not doing anything, not proceeding to their next task. Usually going into/out of the menu, or swapping between Build/Buy and Live mode will snap them out of it. Other times, it takes traveling to another lot (with any sim) and back, or jumping out to manage worlds, or re-loading the save. (My PC is relatively beefy by Sims 4 standards, so I don't think it's performance related.)

One problem I've been running into lately is when sims frequently bail on computer-based tasks long before they're complete, maybe only spending a few seconds at the computer before deciding to do something else (in my case, usually reading a book). They're not in a poor mood (ex. "too uncomfortable"), their needs bars aren't particularly low. Sometimes it happens with meal preparation, but it's super annoying when trying to get a sim to finish writing a book, doing college homework/research, etc. on a computer.

I don't like turning off free will entirely, but considering it.
Okay, sounds like I might just need to get used to swapping into buy mode. I'm actually playing on the PS4 and unfortunately there are no options to adjust graphic settings there. At least It doesn't happen every time I fire the game up so maybe I'll just restart it when that starts happening again.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Going to be playing this some today. I liked The Sims 3 better up until they made the transgender patch where you could, without mods put clothing from the other gender on a sim and could customize whether a sim, regardless of gender had a male frame or female frame. That sold me on Sims 4 and I finally felt represented in the game.

Deleted member 61909

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Been playing sims 4 A LOT more on my free time when I'm not studying. Least my sims aren't quarantined... Anyone else?

OP
OP
Sandfox

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
New blog post up:
www.ea.com

A Word from Our Team: Coming Soon in The Sims 4

SimGuruDuke shares a bit about what the team is planning for the coming months as we all adjust to our new normal.

ts4-april-6-blog-image.png.adapt.1456w.png

They claim that the expansion should be a big surprise and the game pack is a first for them in addition to some other details about upcoming content.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Please be a generations pack, please be a generations pack, please!
I would love nothing more than to have more things to do with my kids and elders in the game.
The Parenthood pack was a step in the right direction but not enough IMO.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Generations would be fantastic! Kids and elders absolutely need more attention.

OP
OP
Sandfox

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The survey they put out a while back was gauging interest for a winter vacation pack where you owned a hotel.

All of the expansions are on sale on PC.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
In my most recent household, I finally spent some time playing a vampire sim. I had a vampire NPC turn my sim, and my sim got black eyes/veins on her face in both normal and "dark" form. I didn't see any way to change that. (You could unlink outfits, so there were separate outfits for normal vs. dark form. But not change facial features.) Is this how it normally works? All the other vampire sims I met had normal faces when not in dark form.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
In my most recent household, I finally spent some time playing a vampire sim. I had a vampire NPC turn my sim, and my sim got black eyes/veins on her face in both normal and "dark" form. I didn't see any way to change that. (You could unlink outfits, so there were separate outfits for normal vs. dark form. But not change facial features.) Is this how it normally works? All the other vampire sims I met had normal faces when not in dark form.

Hmm, the vampire features might be linked forms shenanigans. Editing your sim with the edit household option will easily allow you to fix this.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Hmm, the vampire features might be linked forms shenanigans. Editing your sim with the edit household option will easily allow you to fix this.
I forgot about the Change Sim mirror option, but was able to change it there. Unlink changes for Face, then remove the Vampire facial features for the normal face.

Oct 27, 2018
Yo I heard Sims 5 is gonna allow for online play, so I can visit my friends house and stuff? Is this confirmed or just idle speculation?

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Andrew Wilson, EA's CEO in January.
"As Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation - across platforms in a cloud-enabled world - you should imagine that, while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, and self-improvement motivations, that this notion of social interactions and competition - like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many, many years ago - that they will start to become part of the ongoing Sims experience in the years to come."

Apart from that, and I don't pay much attention at all to this kind of stuff, I believe its all speculation.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wouldn't mind some optional multiplayer/online stuff in the Sims 5.

OP
OP
Sandfox

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The next expansion is supposed to be revealed in three hours as posted above. EA accidentally leaked it on their website however:

Ready for your Sims to impact their world? Move into a community of fellow collaborative makers in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!* Play to change and make a difference in the new world of Evergreen Harbor. Help your new neighbors decide on a Community Space Project, reduce your eco footprint, and watch your neighborhood transform. You'll be surprised by what happens when your Sims start making the rules.​

screencapture-ea-games-the-sims-the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-2020-05-05-13_07_23.png

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I'm really interested in the community led lots, that sounds like a really cool gameplay feature, need to see how they work

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone! I finally replaced my slow as hell laptop that I got back in 2013 and haven't touched in years. Decided to download the Sims 4 and bought the Seasons expansion and the Parenthood pack, but are there any other highly recommended expansions/packs I should think about getting? Thanks in advance!

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Ladders! :D

But I'm actually here because I have a couple of questions:

1. Do the Game Packs on Origin ever go below 25% off? Just wondering if I should buy them or wait for a higher discount.
2. I had a Sim light themselves on fire while cooking. I managed to extinguish them and everything turned out okay, but I'm a bit confused because I had a smoke detector above the stove and it didn't seem like it did anything. In The Sims 1, that would have gone off and a firefighter would have showed up within a minute to help.

OP
OP
Sandfox

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

1. Do the Game Packs on Origin ever go below 25% off? Just wondering if I should buy them or wait for a higher discount.
2. I had a Sim light themselves on fire while cooking. I managed to extinguish them and everything turned out okay, but I'm a bit confused because I had a smoke detector above the stove and it didn't seem like it did anything. In The Sims 1, that would have gone off and a firefighter would have showed up within a minute to help.
Game packs don't really go below 25% off.

Are you sure the smoke detector was placed properly?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I had a Sim light themselves on fire while cooking. I managed to extinguish them and everything turned out okay, but I'm a bit confused because I had a smoke detector above the stove and it didn't seem like it did anything. In The Sims 1, that would have gone off and a firefighter would have showed up within a minute to help.
There are no firefighters in The Sims 4, so the smote detector is used for the sprinkler system if you have a utility panel and to alert you/sims that there is a fire. Maybe it went off and you just didn't hear it? Since it doesn't really do anything if you don't have sprinkles it might be hard to notice it.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Game packs don't really go below 25% off.

Are you sure the smoke detector was placed properly?
There are no firefighters in The Sims 4, so the smote detector is used for the sprinkler system if you have a utility panel and to alert you/sims that there is a fire. Maybe it went off and you just didn't hear it? Since it doesn't really do anything if you don't have sprinkles it might be hard to notice it.
Thanks, you two. I didn't realize I needed to install a sprinkler panel for the smoke detector to actually do much of anything. I probably just didn't notice it going off in all the noise.

ErraticBandit

May 15, 2020

they tend to get a higher discount around the end of the year sales. You can also bundle if you want to save a few bucks.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Recap of the gameplay live stream today.
THERE'S SO MUCH STUFF!
(shamelessly copied from Reddit)
There's a new "Eco Footprint" meter that is reflected for ALL non-vacation worlds, every world can go between clean and industrialized!

Sims cough a lot in industrialized worlds!

There's a MASSIVE shipping container DOOR!

There's power generators! When industrialized the generators generate more power and you can sell the excess!

Plants grow better in eco environments! Air clears up, auroras, etc

How you decorate your lot impacts the eco footprint! Objects in build/buy, including wallpapers and floors, have Industrial or Green footprints that affect the meter! If you use too many industrial items you contribute to the world's industrial meter, and lots of green noes contrinbute to green!

Double-pane windows are green, for example! As well as a few new grass floorings.

What you do affects the meter too!

There's an Atmospheric Condenser that requires fuel to provide you with water.

There's an ENTIRELY NEW menu in buy mode fro Off The Grid!

Windmills generate power like generators, but are green.

Items have been updated from ALL previous packs appropriately, including interactions! The base game rocket is heavily industrialized, because it's a steampunk aesthetic. Launching rockets from your yard "is not eco friendly"!

One of the Neighborhood Action Policies- people are embarassed of their crappy neighborhood so they wear bags on their heads lol, including KIDS and TODDLERS, who "painted the faces on them themselves"

The eco footprint is PER NEIGHBORHOOD, each neighborhood has its own based on the lots in said neighborhood. Improving one neighborhood does not improve the entire world, just that neighborhood!

Port Promise starts off negative, one neighborhood starts off neutral, and one starts off green!

Other worlds all start in NEUTRAL, which is how they are right now.

Lots of new garbage deco items!

Two major action plans to turn neighborhoods green or more moden.

Neighborhoods go green OVER TIME, "as the week progresses", the smae way seasons change over time. Gradual reduction of trash, improvement in greenery, including in background areas!

There are cheats to switch between whatever states you want!

Two clothing styles- eco-chic, and clothing that appears upcycled like a dress that looks like its made of old sheets (but still looks good). Jeans with patches, sweaters with holes that have been patched.

12 new hairs for females, willing to bet men have, like, 3. We'll see. Several of teh female hairs are appropriate for males, though!

Septum rings, ear gauges

NEW TRAITS! Maker Trait- Love building, enjoy working with the cnadlemaker, juice fizzer, woodworking, etc. Green Fiend- Love everything eco, want to use renewable tech, garden, improve the neighborhood. Recycling Disciple- Likes to reduce, reuse, recycle! Ties into a lot trait. Freegan- Likes to dig through trash for stuff, enjoy some of the dirtier aspects of the game like dumpster diving, use stuff for their own gain.

NEW ASPIRATIONS! Eco Innovator- Neighborhood action plan-related civil aspiration. Voting, convincing others to vote, selling power, civil designer career track. Unlocks new powerful socials to shun people for being jerks or promote people as being good for the cause. Master Maker- Tied into making stuff, all the new crafting stuff, recycling. Unlocks ability to get discounts on material usage- crafts are made more efficiently. Wonder if it works with the notoriously expensive Robotics?

YEP. 3 HAIRS FOR MEN. MAKE MORE HAIRS FOR MEN. JESUS CHRIST. MAKE HAIRS FOR MEN MAKE HAIRS FOR MEN MAKE HAIRS FOR MEN MAKE HAIRS FOR MEN

Console update- Context-sensitive button prompts on all screens to make things easier to understand.

The guru running the stream called it "live" mode when we all know its "live" mode

Evergreen harbor has 13 lots, two of which are APARTMENTS with two apartments in them, totalling 15 livable lots.

Each neighborhood has an overlay for its eco footprint! Dirty neighborhoods appear dirty on the map! Clean ones have sun beams!

The neighborhood tags and descriptions HAVE BEEN ADDED TO WILLOW CREEK AND OASIS SPRINGS!!!!

Eco Footprint overview on world map shows you which lots are leaning which direction!

Town has a 19th century industrial town vibe- forestry, mining, ports, trains. Town has suffered due to that industry going away, but the details are all still there.

Train station platform is a walkable usable park space!

The apartments are more like a mid-size town apartment, only a few stories tall. The livable apartments are on top! One is only 2 stories and doesn't even have an elevator!

Neighborhood action plan- FREE LOVE. Sims might walk around nude and ROMANCE IS FAIR GAME, NO JEALOUSY.

Knox has a specific NPC class- "Eco Master". There's 3 "neighborhood personalities" kind of like the magicians. The sims are playable, though! They replace the welcome wagon in Evergreen harbor to teach you about action plans!

Even the neutral neighborhood in evergreen harbor is kind of scummy, there's rats under dumpsters and stuff, very cute

Neighborhood Action Plans are voted on once a week and you can earn influence to use to get people to sway the vote to what you want! Voting opens on Friday and closes on Sunday, but you can vote any time you want.

Influence is raised by raising relationships, hosting events, being out and about to promote yourself with other sims!

Civil Designers have a lot of influence interactions.

Lots of cross-pack tie ins. Being more famous gets you more fame, joining a university and getting a degree gets you influence, and even defeating the mother!

Some of the action plans- Tech Support, Eco Friendly Appliances, Roughhouse, Rock Your Body and Mine, Sharing is Caring, Juiced Community, Green Garden, Modern Development

Each action plan has votes on it and you can try to convince others to vote for what you want. Trying to convince people costs 5 points, but a vote costs 10, so you can do a tradeoff to try and earn more votes!

Shift-click on the board with testingcheats to instantl get whatever plans you want.

Action Plans are also available in other worlds. THE APPEARANCE CHANGES TO MAJOR FEATURES OF THE WORLD ARE EXCLUSIVE TO EVERGREEN HARBOR. Eco Footprint itself is not exclusive to other worlds. The smog effect was not specifically mentioned.

Modern Development plan changes the appearance of surrounding decorative buildings, streets, paths, etc including the apartment buildings to be more modern looking, holy cow!

Freelance Crafters take commissions to fabricate, candle-make, brew juice, and unlock new CAS assets.

The Fabricator makes a special furniture set, including things like rugs and chairs and tables, not available in build/buy mode. Its basically a full set of furniture only available via crafting!

3D Printing requires materials, via the Recycler machine

You can recycle tons of stuff, almost everything. Mysims collectibles are an example given.

The 3D printer appears to use Dyes to choose the color of items crafted with it

Materials are NOT inventory objects, they are tracked by hovering over your household money. Bits and Pieces are the two materials.

Even things like gardened vegetables can be used for recycling! You can turn plants into materials.

NEW INVENTORY SYSTEM WITH FILTERS Can choose by item, can sort by value, freshness, select multiple items at once for selling, etc! Oh my god you can even FAVORITE items

Dumpster interactions- dive for meals, dive for deals, dive for thrills, sort compostables, nap

New Lot Trait- Reduce and Recycle. Changes how trash works! Outdoor trash cans are NO LONGER BOTTOMLESS, lots of interactions generate more trash, and you have to actually take care of the trash because it only empties once a week. Sort out compostables, reuse them, etc to empty your trash early.

4 shapes of candles- dipped, cylindrical or rectangular molded, or carved candles. Can be infused with scents to set different moods. Fabrication uses Dyes to change colors. There's 7 regular colors, and 2 special patterned ones.

Candles shrink as they burn!

Cheat to set what level candles are at or turn off melting!

Fabricator has over 25 things to produce on it.

Candles are on a separate system than other lights, so turning off lights DOES NOT turn off candles!

Candles can be made with wax, or from bees from seasons.

Using candles is great for off the grid lots, they don't require power obviously.

ADDITIONAL BASE GAME UPDATE TO HOW BILLS WORK-
Bills are now split between Power and Water, Taxes, Tax Breaks, and Tax Penalties! Lot price affects it, but HOW MUCH YOU USE electronic or water objects changes your bills. The base bill rate has NOT changed, so larger lots will see more bills by using more power and water!!!!!!!

If you make a surplus of power, you can sell it back to the power company. If you gather more water, you get paid the difference too! These options are only in Eco Lifestyle, however.

Off The Grid objects obviously do not add to these new bills!

If you're off the grid and using generators you can now use electric items off the grid, but only as much as you can generate. You can run out of power and water!

The Community Space is a separate thing from the Neighborhood Action Policies.

The new lot type, Community Space, includes options for Community Space, Maker Space, Community Garden, and marketplace...and you can select each option to build each type of space individually! So when that space is voted for, the game automatically displays that version of the lot!!!! They are NOT pre-defined buildings or lots, you can make them yourself!
The Community Space is in each Evergreen harbor neighborhood, but you can place them in any world.

The default space is a GENERIC VENUE- so it can be anything you want. You could make the default a night club, but people can vote to change it into the other 3 types, replacing it with a garden or a market place or a maker space!

The new bike does not require DU.

Grims Quarry is so pretty. The new neighborhoods have lots that are kind of surrounded by background lots, instead of the background lots all being off in the distance. They just look "real" and dense. The house being displayed in Grims Quarry is surrounded by false houses, it looks realy cool!

Green neighborhoods have clean air, bright sunlight, and plants grow SLOWER but higher quality. Solar Panels work better in these places too!

Juice Fizzing Machine- start your own craft brewing business! It's literally making your own homebrews. You can make Kombucha and Seltzer, too. Fizzing requires ingredients- Generally every food ingredient including across all packs and some surprising items can be used for fizzing. Calling this an "oversized juicer" as some users have done is very unfair- it's not a kitchen counter juice machine, it's literally a setup for homebrewing beers.

Distilling takes time but you don't have to interact with the machine while doing it.

New Hydroponic Garden waters itself

Number of ingredients put in changes number of juices you get out.

Maxing out the juicemaking skill gets you the Affizionado trait

You can name the juices you make! At higher skill, you can send it off to be evaluated.

Kombucha is made with Flowers, or Herbs

Hydroponic Garden is unlocked from the new career and uses a blueprint, plants are always watered. (Holy shit they haven't even gotten to the career yet...this pack is thicker than we expected)

Vertical Garden can have any bush-type plant planted in it, but not things like potatoes or some magic stuff. Essentially lets you put two plants in one tile.

Civil Designers can grow CRUELTY FREE MEAT, a big wall of meat you can slice off.

You can name the meat??? The guy who designed this, sounds like, just set it up without telling anybody.

You can massage the meat????

If it dies, it dries up and becomes jerky.

If it catches on fire, you get a smoked meat cube.

Insect Farms- Grubs, Beetles, and Crickets, and Bombadier Beetles which "have some mischevious actions"

Several new food recipes that require these bugs.

Cricket Flour and Bio Fuel can come from crickets! Bio Fuel is used to power generators!

Bugs can be fed trash from your compostables!

New Meals include Popcorn Crickets, Cricket Meal, Bombadier Beetle Stir Fry, several drinks, and others.

The Freegan sim is trying to "bond with flies" at the dumpster.

New furniture set that can ONLY be obtained from dumpster diving

Objects found in the dumpster might be burned, scratched up (if you have pets), or just normal

Civil Designers can use the "smog vacuum" to repair and clean these items instead of paying to replace them!

THE CHAIRS AND TABLE FROM THE SIMS 1 KITCHEN SET ARE BACK AS DUMPSTER DIVE FURNITURE! The ones from the newbie's house!

They just mentioned "Rags to Riches"- can't wait to see james play this

A lot of objects have been updated with new interactions to make them work off the grid- some fridges for example that you can "add ice" to maintain their functionality while off the grid. There's also trait updates to make off the grid more of a rich experience.

6 new recipes for off-the-grid cooking, some of which require things like frogs and provide buffs to make living off-grid easier.

Water can be collected from any wadeable water or fishing spots, or even piles of snow! None of these off the grid changes require eco lifestyle, sounds like.

Civil Engineer can go to work or work from home.

Eco Inspectors can be bribed to add smog to the neighborhood. The Eco Inspector is an NPC that can be hired to check out your lot's eco footprint, and try to help you green it up.

Civic Inspectors check if you're keeping up with the neighborhood action plans and will report you and give you fines for not following the action plans!

The animation for dumpster woohoo is actually really adorable. The animation on the dumpster itself is fucking incredible.

DEATH BY FLIES. The flies swarm the sim and suffocate them.

The two story apartment is accessed by an outdoor stairwell. Would be really nice to see this used for duplexes!

SOMETHING TELLS ME, no confirmation, custom built apartments are coming soon to the base game. The two story apartment is very clearly only made using the in-game build tools.

There are no landlords in these apartments or noisy neighbors, they aren't big city major apartments like that.

There's a cute little cardboard dollhouse

They're showing the final eco friendly version of the original neighborhood- the streets have even changed into stylized walkways lined with grass, it's really completely different. I'm not looking because I want to be surprised in-game.

The other NPC contrary to Knox is an engineer you can donate money towards who may or may not produce a financial return for you.

"In the shipping build, this house has a big giant window right in front of a clear shower" haha

FREE PLACEMENT OF WINDOWS OFF THE WALL GRID IS BEING SHOWN OFF. They didn't actually talk about it though???
There are solar panels that attach directly to roofs.

Ladders have a slide-down option!

There's even a solar shingle roof type that just straight up produces power! Green roofs produce water!
Also firefighters and repo men added to the base game!

4vzdp3q3f6051.png

Feb 4, 2018
AHHHHHHHHH this EP is going to be amazing!!!!! There's so much stuff!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!! I love the freelancing update, I always make my sims self employed and just have them sell stuff they make so this is going to be awesome!!!!

Now I need to go through my Sims pinterest board and find all the houses I couldn't make before because they needed ladders

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
wtf at the meat. Like lab grown meat or something?

For some reason the thing in there I really want to try out is running an insect farm. I'll have to make an entomologist Sim.

Also I hope they are right about being able to build our own apartment buildings soon.

Feb 4, 2018

For some reason the thing in there I really want to try out is running an insect farm. I'll have to make an entomologist Sim.

Also I hope they are right about being able to build our own apartment buildings soon.
That's what it sounds like???? lol

Build your own apartments would be amazing - I did that so much in TS3 Late Night, but it would be even better here since with TS4's system you can have multiple households in a building.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

That's what it sounds like???? lol

Build your own apartments would be amazing - I did that so much in TS3 Late Night, but it would be even better here since with TS4's system you can have multiple households in a building.
Sadly, that was just wishful thinking. There are no custom apartments in this one.
The new apartments look very cool though.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a ResetEra Sims 4 discord?

I was working on Wayne Manor in the Sims 3, but the SSD completely died, so I figure it's time to move on to the Sims 4. I'm planning on doing a challenge where I work my way through historical American house designs since the seventeenth century. I ordered a lovely architecture guide and everything.

Does anyone have any building tutorial recommendations? Have any of you ever set up a Sims blog, tumblr, or video channel? I'm hoping to document my progress at least through a blog, but I'm interested to hear folks' experiences.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
the fact that you can now altplace windows and doors is changing my life

the video lilsimsie put out made me overwhelmingly hyped

Feb 4, 2018
Is there a ResetEra Sims 4 discord?

I was working on Wayne Manor in the Sims 3, but the SSD completely died, so I figure it's time to move on to the Sims 4. I'm planning on doing a challenge where I work my way through historical American house designs since the seventeenth century. I ordered a lovely architecture guide and everything.

Does anyone have any building tutorial recommendations? Have any of you ever set up a Sims blog, tumblr, or video channel? I'm hoping to document my progress at least through a blog, but I'm interested to hear folks' experiences.
Welcome! Now's a great time to get into TS4, especially with the new update coming. I don't really know of any building tutorials, but watching speed builds has helped me learn various tricks. lilsimsie has a lot and she's awesome (and has a lot of opinions about building lol). Also this cheat unlocks a kajillion environment objects to add to your build - there's a lot of cool stuff hidden in there!

the fact that you can now altplace windows and doors is changing my life

the video lilsimsie put out made me overwhelmingly hyped

EXCUSE ME? ummmm talk about burying the lede EA, alt placing windows and doors is the biggest update ever. bigger than ladders, yes i said it. wow. I might be more excited for this pack/update than Seasons.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome! Now's a great time to get into TS4, especially with the new update coming. I don't really know of any building tutorials, but watching speed builds has helped me learn various tricks. lilsimsie has a lot and she's awesome (and has a lot of opinions about building lol). Also this cheat unlocks a kajillion environment objects to add to your build - there's a lot of cool stuff hidden in there!
Thank you for the welcome and suggestions! I'm excited to get back into The Sims seriously after only playing very casually since TS2. I'll definitely check lilsimsie out. Gita from the Waypoint Podcast named her as her favorite simmer so she seems legit!