• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
via the Island Living press release:

"Alongside the reveal of The Sims 4 Island Living, The Sims is proud to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community with a new partnership with the It Gets Better Project, a non-profit organization and global movement to provide hope and encouragement to LGBTQ+ youth. Beginning on June 18th, players will be able to access exclusive It Gets Better and pride in-game clothing in The Sims 4 on PC, The Sims FreePlay and The Sims Mobile, as well as a variety of pride items, including a gender-neutral bathroom door in The Sims 4. Look for this content to come to The Sims 4 on consoles in July."

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are there gender specific bathroom doors? Can you make a workplace or public space in the Sims?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Nothing but cool, glad it's free. Gender-neutral bathrooms are a really nice addition. Hopefully a Sims 5 down the road will include non-binary gender options as a basic feature.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic. The Sims has been really quite good with this stuff, glad that trend is continuing.

Last edited:

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gender neutral bathrooms would've really helped during 13 deadly sims.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's just a Door...but already seen a tweet saying they'll never get a Sims Game again now.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
That's pretty awesome. Also kinda crazy how big Sims 4 is compared to Sims 2, which was the last Sims game I played.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
That's pretty awesome. Also kinda crazy how big Sims 4 is compared to Sims 2, which was the last Sims game I played.
I finally made the switch from Sims 3 to 4 late last year, and while there's a few things I miss, Sims 4 is getting better and better.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Not into The Sims but that's a nice gesture. I bet the chat on Twitch thought otherwise.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Not into The Sims but that's a nice gesture. I bet the chat on Twitch thought otherwise.
The chat was actually pretty good, the Sims crowd in general was very receptive

tho there's always those twitter chucklefucks acting like this is the end of The Sims

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Why are there gender specific bathroom doors? Can you make a workplace or public space in the Sims?
Yes. And the game already contains a mixed-gender door (that allows anyone) as well as gender-specific doors that restrict access for the opposite gender.

I'm guessing this new door is simply a different design, since functionally it will be identical to any regular door in the game.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Gender neutral bathroom door? Yes!

I needed that so much for small bars and clubs where room was a premium. I mean I could just use a normal door, but having a proper bathroom door that doesn't restrict by gender is going to be great. And that's just from the building point of view, it's a fantastic gesture by the The Sims team on top of that.

The Sims 4 is getting more and more progressive and I like it. It has a Custom Gender option if Male or Female doesn't fit your needs, too. And all clothes can be worn no matter what gender you picked, even if it does default to showing clothes with the masculine or feminine tag.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
The chat was actually pretty good, the Sims crowd in general was very receptive

tho there's always those twitter chucklefucks acting like this is the end of The Sims
Twitch chat loved it. Keep in mind that it was filled with Sims fans. Sims community is very positive.
Game communities such as The Sims and Animal Crossing are much more civilized than others.

(And we can all guess why).
Nah, Twitch chat was hyped.

The Sims community is likely the most open in all gaming.

Just browse some YouTube Sims channels. The streamers are incredibly diverse.

Wow! I stand corrected! :)

It's good to see stuff like this happen more often, I hope it continues into the future.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely the highlight of EA's event for me. Really tempted to jump back into this.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a nice gesture. Really cool to hear that the chat was so excited and supportive, it's nice to see a community embrace inclusion.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
People may don't agree with EA's business practices but they're very progressive as a company and they aren't shy showing that. They make a goddamn statement and game companies like Ubisoft could learn from that.