• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The plot of the episode is after Maggie injuries Homer mimicking an episode of the violent cartoon series, Marge goes on a protest series to censor the show and is successful leaving the show to become very watered down and the kids... actually go outside and do things, but then things get complicated when Michelangelo's David is brought to Springfield, the town protests the statue's depiction of nudity, but Marge defends the statue and Marvin Monroe points out that how can she defend the statue while lambasting another form of expression like Itchy and Scratchy?

The episode also shows that both sides have a point, the show Itchy and Scratchy clearly is too violent, but it's also not something a baby like Maggie should be watching. I mean, this is the internet where Rule 34 exists so if there's a fictional character, there's a drawing of them naked because... well, it counts as expression because they are not real, but who's in the right? Where do we draw the line between censorship and expression? I think this episode does an excellent job of analyzing the flaws of both sides while also acknowledging that each side has a point.

I think it's one of the best episodes of Season 2 and it's very relevant today. (So many classic Simpsons episodes are still relevant today)

Nov 9, 2017
latest

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
That episode always reminds me that I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Heh, I just rewatched this episode yesterday. Pretty much everything through season 9 is gold, and makes me happy with every viewing. I don't know that this particular episode sticks out for me though.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you watch seasons 1-10 of The Simpsons these days? Is it available anywhere or do I need to go hunt down used DVDs or something?

Oct 27, 2017
Never got until I was a teen that Roger Meyers tells Marge in his letter :

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
In my current watch & grade of all the early seasons of The Thompsons, I gave this episode a solid B rating.