• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Very interesting that Aonuma says the expanded world goes Beyond just the inclusion of the sky. Underground, here we go.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there it is.

At least we've avoided the Elden Ring vs. BOTW2 game of the year wars lol

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Nice more time for Xenoblade 3 to shine, March '23 is a lock then. I'm okay with waiting, too many good games coming out this year, they should release TP and WW HD though this Fall instead.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
This is now officially delayed until after my wedding, which makes it feel like it's been pushed to another lifetime :(

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Expected like I said in mid year predictions expect 2022 to have a ton of delays we are still in a pandemic.

And like I said in that thread if all stays as is 2023 is going to be one of the best years of gaming ever.

Also Elden Ring is 2022 GOTY for sure now

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a thread where most people thought it was coming out this year? Always felt 2023.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Please just give us the actual title already :/

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Never really thought it would hit this year, but at least I can drop it in fantasy critic now.

ashm

Oct 26, 2017
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
– Shigeru Miya-- wait

f6G9g63.png

Hype!

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Never expected anything else. It's a tradition with Zelda. Xenoblade and Pokemon now get a chance to breathe so I don't think it's a particularly bad thing either.

It was a bit sus of them ever announcing it would come out in 2022 in the first place. That was the moment you knew it wouldn't be coming out in 2022.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
As I expected, so not really surprised.

Let them take all the time they need so the game is as good as it can be and the devs work as less overtime as possible.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Man and I thought we would get Zelda earlier if they had the engine already...

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sad but also happy that they're taking their time. Probably revealed this one too early and COVID didn't help.

Make it the best it can be!

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense that they'd announce this delay within a week of 3D Kirby releasing. The Zelda team is definitely going to have to rework what they've done in the face of Forgotten Land.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Damn, Nintendo put more effort in this delay announcement than Sony did for the Spartacus announcement XD

At least that gives us the existing games a little more room to breathe this year. Plenty of games to play.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo did this so Kirby could win GOTY.

Not surprised though. I was hoping for 2022 but didn't expect it to make this year. Take as much time as you need, Aonuma.