• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I've only been to an In'n'Out twice in my life but I do not recall the burgers being "greasy", at all. Are you letting your food chill in a car for half an hour or something?

If I wanted my food wrapped in lettuce I'd go to a fuckin' salad bar.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Lettuce wrapped burgers are the way to go. I can't stand most buns with how greasy they get.

Glad you've seen the light OP. Also makes me feel like I'm making a slightly healthier choice.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
The secret to enjoying an In N Out burger is to ignore what fast food burger snobs have to say and just enjoy it.

Yea I have no idea why threads like these pop up all the time. You don't like in n out and prefer x or y? Ok , eat those then. Even in this OP has to get his shots in about the fries buns regular burgers. Like why are people so insecure about what other people like?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell do they call it "animal style"???!! I'm not an animal! I don't eat like one either!

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell do they call it "animal style"???!! I'm not an animal! I don't eat like one either!

5662.jpg

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
My advice is to not even get the fries.
Genuinely the worst fries I've ever had.

Just go to any nearby fast food place and get their fries. Hell, bake some frozen fries yours and they'll be better than In N Out's.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017

Just go to any nearby fast food place and get their fries. Hell, bake some frozen fries yours and they'll be better than In N Out's.

Their fries are definitely not their strength. However, animal style fries are delicious (though animal style on better fries would also be way better)

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

Their fries are just very plain tasting, you got to jazz them up a bit with animal style

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
The secret to enjoying In N Out is just to fucking eat it yo. Locally I'd argue that Five Guys is the only fast competition that can hang, even if they are at least twice as expensive.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
How is eating fresh French fries while they're fresh and hot so difficult?

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
totally unrelated but since we talking fast food, I had wingstop for the first time today and I fucking loved it. Got lemon pepper and classic hot. SHIT WAS CHOICE

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
It depends on the In N Out. My local In N Out was great when I was in high school, then lowered in quality sometime after I graduated. Stopping by one a few towns over in the middle of a trip was a greasy experience that was probably something like the one you've had.

It's worth trying different locations.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I have no idea why threads like these pop up all the time. You don't like in n out and prefer x or y? Ok , eat those then. Even in this OP has to get his shots in about the fries buns regular burgers. Like why are people so insecure about what other people like?

I don't think you know how JunkfoodEra works. Food threads are the best because we can take the most inconsequential things "super serious".

May 26, 2018
I don't understand the hype for In N Out burger. The two times I've tried it reminded of a ... kind of unimpressive blend of Burger King and McDonalds. Did I miss something? I even ordered off the secret menu. Don't mean to slam a local institution out of cruelty. I'm genuinely in the dark here.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Wingstop is on point. Rick Ross and Troy Aikman can't be wrong.

Wingstop is great. Louisiana rub, all drums, extra well-done is my jam. Lemon Pepper is also great. Extra well-done makes the skin nice and crispy. That and some ranch dip and it's all technically low-carb.

I also love their seasoned fries.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Actually the real game changer is to add chopped chilis and get the bun extra toasted + ketchup and pickles. Straight fire.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
This thread makes no sense.

Are they worse in California or something?
In Texas they are cheap as hell. And not greasy at all.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The secret to enjoying a good burger is to not go to In n Out, the most overrated chain in California. As a resident, I simply don't get the clamor for their underwhelming, okay-at-best burgers.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I think in N Out fries are OK, just need to be extra hot and extra salty. I'm not from the west coast so that place will never not be a little magical to me

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017
The secret to enjoying a good burger is to not go to In n Out, the most overrated chain in California. As a resident, I simply don't get the clamor for their underwhelming, okay-at-best burgers.

Same. I much prefer The Habit over In N Out. In N Out is mostly all hype and you got these people feeding into it by "Bucket List"'ing it traveling across the whole US just for a mediocre burger.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
Fries well done, and double double with extra lettuce. That extra lettuce adds height and crunch and is my go-to way of ordering.

DStubbs

Oct 28, 2017
As a Minnesotan who hasn't traveled to a state that doesn't have an In N Out I'll be in Vegas in a few weeks and will definitely be checking off their burgers on my list. Figure I have to try one to see what the hype is. I'm a Five Guys person myself so I'm looking forward to see how it stacks up.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
complains that burger is greasy, orders it on something that doesn't absorb grease....making it less greasy? Somehow? Or more greasy but apparently it's cool now? I don't get it.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
Been on keto for a while. My go-to at In N Out used to be flying dutchmens, but now it's a 4x4 protein style mustard grilled with onions. Most delicious fat bomb I've had yet.

Disco54

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I can't enjoy what i can't get since i am in a state that doesn't have it.

Oh well, i have Bojangles, that is good stuff and it is the only chicken place i know that actually cares about making biscuits and not lumps of bland bread.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
WTF did I just read? IN N Out is sent from the heavens.