• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
White people invoking MLK
exl28vD.gif

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
Man... imagine how big the ego of his must be to be impeached twice and still think he didn't do anything wrong. That mind of his is insane.

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
Well this is dead already. They're voting straight down party lines. Oh well, at least they tried. Hope the republicans enjoy another 10 years of annoying ass Trump fluttering around in the background (and hopefully not the foreground).

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
They are voting on the rules for debates right now, not the impeachment resolution itself.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Yep side show bullshit.

Would rather they had the same urgency for Medicare For All, or Student Debt relief.

Its a tough juggle. Some feel this MUST be done because if you wont do it when they literally attempt a coup, then when WILL you do it? They feel that an example must be made; that this time you cannot afford to sweep it under the rug or you are lowkey condoning the action. And they have a point.

But yeah on the flip side, if R's are just going to block it, others feel some other stuff that they need would/should be priority right now instead. Its impossible to please everyone here. But Im leaning towards the former, and what they are doing now. Quite frankly this is the single most impeachable offense I have ever seen from the office of the President. Even if its going to be blocked, this shit needs to be done, or else when they HELL do you impeach?

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
CNN reporting that Congress members are in "fear of their and their families lives"due to pressure from Trump.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between the Republicans doing nothing about that guy who tried to gun them down a while back, their complete lack of action on COVID, and now not voting to impeach the guy who almost got them killed, they have the worst survival instincts.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats "The previous question"?

To move on from the debate they just had over adding amendments to it and getting on with the actual impeachment debate.

If you watch c-span the host just explained it live too lol as I was typing this out.

i'm getting really tired of these "test votes". Stop voting to have votes. Just have them.

It's not it's procedural and it's being done because the GOP brought up an amendment to have a bi partisan committee be formed to look into the insurrection or something.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
These republicans are aware if Trump doesn't get impeached, that he will most likely run for congress/senate/governor of FL. Like do the not want to be re elected within two years, or will they think people will forget about it.

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
Ahh, don't the Dems own the majority now? Or is the new positions only effective from the 20th?
Dems won't own the Senate until the Georgia elections are certified which I think I saw was going to be the 22nd at latest? But it's not relevant. Their majority in the Senate isn't enough for anything. You need 67 to impeach and they're obviously nowhere near having 67 Democrats in the Senate.

Basically they'll need 18 Republicans to vote with the Democrats in the Senate to convict. It kind of depends on whether or not McConnell actually votes for it or not.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
I guess the really shocking thing here isn't that it takes a 2/3 majority to get removal done, but that apparently you'd have to do something TRULY atrocious for those 2/3 to also see it that way, and that very probably this isn't even bad enough.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Ahh, don't the Dems own the majority now? Or is the new positions only effective from the 20th?

Only effective from the 20th, and impeachment requires a two thirds majority.

That said, there have been some reports that the number of Senate republicans willing to impeach Trump are there this time. I'll believe it when I see it, but if true Trump could end up being legally blocked from running again in 2024. (Unfortunately, that wouldn't stop Jr. or Ivanka from running in his stead, so it wouldn't completely eradicate the Trump cult.)

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
There's been several articles written about it. There will be several more over the next few weeks\months. Check WaPo.

I mean in this hearing as they are making a case for impeachment? Because I think this gives the argument more weight when you compare and contrast previous incidents and this particular one. The lack of protections in place at the Capitol that day was embarrassing at the very least, highly suspect and potentially by design. That needs to be talked about more.