• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
tEuHIcuO.jpg

Considering we're in the midst of a global pandemic that's killing a lot of people, grinding the economy to a halt, and terrifying the general populace, it's a hell of a disconcerting reality to play one of my fave games of all time and get to the part where he's dying of a disease that is destroying his lungs in the second half of the game.

Very disconcerting.

SonovaBeach

Dec 14, 2017
My father almost died of tuberculosis when he was young.
He never told that to my sister and I because it was considered a "dirty people's" disease.

He told me the exact day I played the doctor scene in RDR2 and learned Arthur Morgan had tuberculosis.
Now that, my friend, made me very uncomfortable.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I figured it would, I wonder what The Last of Us would be like playing through again, especially that opening.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
My father almost died of tuberculosis when he was young.
He never told that to my sister and I because it was considered a "dirty people's" disease.

He told me the exact day I played the doctor scene in RDR2 and learned Arthur Morgan had tuberculosis.
Now that, my friend, made me very uncomfortable.

Jesus christ that's chilling. It's so disturbing how we attribute class and illness.

SonovaBeach

Dec 14, 2017
Jesus christ that's chilling. It's so disturbing how we attribute class and illness.

Yeah that... Was not fun.
As far as I understood, he was sick in the 70's, which was a bit after the core of the epidemy in his country (Portugal), and most of the bourgeoisie wasn't touched by it anymore. This is why it was thought as a poor people's disease (plus, it was a dictatorship at the time, so yeah...).

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Funnily enough, Rdr2 is my comfort game while my country is in quarantine. I'm not even doing any missions, just roaming the amazing open country, fishing, hunting and doing small acts of kindness.

I'm not going to move from Chapter 2, though :p

OP
OP
NTGYK

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Funnily enough, Rdr2 is my comfort game while my country is in quarantine. I'm not even doing any missions, just roaming the amazing open country, fishing, hunting and doing small acts of kindness.

I'm not going to move from Chapter 2, though :p
It's my comfort game too, but I just got hit with such a wave of melancholy.