• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
We need all those steely eyed missile men and women right now.

Edit:
Random side note. My girlfriend isn't really as into space stuff as I am. When I brought up watching Apollo 13 one day, she asked if that was the movie about oil drillers on an asteroid.

I still give her a hard time about that one.

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
You should check out the 13 Minutes to the Moon podcast OP. The second season is ongoing and talks about Apollo 13, with interviews and archive audio. It's really top tier stuff. I wish I was half as intelligent as those guys.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
margaret-hamilton-mit-apollo-code_0.jpg

news.mit.edu

Scene at MIT: Margaret Hamilton’s Apollo code

A brief history of the famous 1969 Margaret Hamilton photo featuring the Apollo software she and her team developed for NASA, sending humans to the moon. Article includes rarely-seen outtakes of Hamilton and her code from the MIT Museum.

Every bit of it is mind boggling.

The work she and her team did on the Apollo project is amazing. I'm a software developer and I have her LEGO Minifigure at my desk at work. Whenever I'm stumped I look at her and pray for help.

There's an Apollo 13 escape room in Houston were they separate you into mission control and astronaut groups to recreate this event. I've always wanted to go, but the recommended group is fairly large and apparently it's pretty hard.

THIS IS THE SINGLE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love this OP. Just sucks we have a President that seems like he's making it hard for these people to do their jobs.