• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kevinsky

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

The world needs another fun adventure movie now more than ever. I hear Love and Monsters kinda fits the bill but I gotta see it for myself.
M2>M1

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
My wife just watched those first 2 Brendan Mummy movies this year for the first time and was shocked at how good they were. Just a joy from start to finish.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
This thread has reminded me that Rachel Weisz was my first movie/celebrity crush.

ec64b0d12811bf5593e4aa790dde97c5.gif

cb70742abebda5090abee4f39fb34c61cca346ee.gifv

10 year old me had good taste.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

The world needs another fun adventure movie now more than ever. I hear Love and Monsters kinda fits the bill but I gotta see it for myself.
M2>M1

The only problem I have with M2 is the CGI during the ending. Which considering they apparently had a much better design and then were forced at the last second to change it... I can't exactly be mad at how it came out.

Mummy Returns is great.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Yes but Van Helsing is more Mummy2 and GI Joe tier Sommers
( Van Helsing worked better than those imo)
There are no GI Joe movies

But also Van Helsing's super corny at times, mostly because of it's VFX (a pattern I'm noticing), but it has a very specific visual style and design that's unique. Plus they play it really straight and over the top with the drama with the Transylvanian characters, but then the non-Transylvanian characters have this more "modern" sense of humor. Also this opening is so good.

M2>M1

The only problem I have with M2 is the CGI during the ending. Which considering they apparently had a much better design and then were forced at the last second to change it... I can't exactly be mad at how it came out.

Mummy Returns is great.
My people

Last edited:

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Great movie, but I still don't get the thinking behind Imhotep's punishment.

"The Maji would never allow him to be released, for he would arise a walking disease, a plague upon mankind, an unholy flesh eater with the strength of ages, power over the sand, and the glory of invincibility."

Seems like a pretty big risk just to make sure the guy suffers.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
First Mummy is a legit horror/adventure/comedy popcorn flick. Infinitely rewatchable. Didn't care much for the sequels especially Dragon Emperor, and the actress who replaced Evie couldn't fill Rachael Weisz' shoes.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
People wondered where IO Interactive got their inspiration for their throwing animations of in-animate objects when the answer has been in front of us this whole time

KadeYuy

Oct 30, 2017
Was watching the mummy's tomb (1942) and there wasn't a chair throw but it was still entertaining

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
lmao how did I miss this thread? My buddies and I used to replay this scene constantly and quote the "spring cleaning" line frequently.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I think he would have made a great Cap if the MCU was a thing back then.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
This thread has reminded me that Rachel Weisz was my first movie/celebrity crush.

ec64b0d12811bf5593e4aa790dde97c5.gif

cb70742abebda5090abee4f39fb34c61cca346ee.gifv

10 year old me had good taste.

Im curious why she's not listed in the OP, I'd argue her role in the movie is just as important as Brendan Fraser.

This thread just reminds me that Fraser kind of dropped off the face of the earth.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The mummy is fucking amazing, it's a near perfect action adventure movie up there with the 80s ones everybody always mentions.

I barely remember the second one tho.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Im curious why she's not listed in the OP, I'd argue her role in the movie is just as important as Brendan Fraser.

This thread just reminds me that Fraser kind of dropped off the face of the earth.
Fraser alleged in 2018 that he was sexually assaulted by Philip Berk, the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, at a luncheon in the summer of 2003. The incident, his subsequent divorce, and the death of his mother, launched Fraser into a depression that, combined with his health issues and a backlash within the industry over speaking out against Berk, he believes caused his career to decline.