• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
While I like that scene a lot, the weird reaction shot to Jonathan always takes me out of the scene. It's like they felt like they needed just a second of filler there for some reason.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meh the editing makes it obvious that this wasn't a real throw

wait its not

c3b.jpg

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Waitwaitwait. The director's commentary isn't the actual commentary?- but I just watched it the other night, and it's quoted verbatim- who sold me this copy? Where did I get it from? Actually, why do I even own a copy of The Mummy on DVD, it's like the only DVD I own in my entire apartment

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My dad is a dim-witted man. After a few months pass he can't remember having seen a movie. But he loves ancient Egypt. About once a year I put The Mummy on for him and me to watch. Every time, after about the first 5 minutes he goes "Oh this is going to be a good movie, I can tell", and he thoroughly enjoys himself. He's probably seen it 15 times.
Maybe it's just an act every time and just love to spend time with you.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Its the second best Indiana Jones film.
C'mon now, don't do Last Crusade dirty like that. I love "The Mummy," but I would still rather watch Indiana Jones 1 & 3.

I thought we all agreed that "Last Crusade" was the best Indy movie, so they're saying it's Crusade > Mummy > Raiders.

I mean Raiders is good but does Raiders have Sean Connery killing Nazis with a flock of seagulls? No it doesn't. Or Indy killing Nazis with a flagpole?

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's just an act every time and just love to spend time with you.
That'd be a touching thought, but my dad's really like that. Every MCU movie I have to stop and show him youtube clips of characters like Iron Man and Captain America from previous movies because he's completely forgotten who they are. He's seen them in five previous movies, but can't remember.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Last week, my wife and I saw that they had """The Mummy""" (2017) on the bus back from Gdl and she shouted out loud that it wasn't her Mummy after the title droped and asked me to stream the one with Fraser on my phone. That was the first time I saw her shouting at something in the 5+ years of relationship.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Probably my most watched movie of all time. Never ever gets old, helps that its hilarious.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Every time I remember this movie released the same year as The Matrix, I look at Keanu Reeves and remember how unfair life has been to Brendan Fraser.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
My dad is a dim-witted man. After a few months pass he can't remember having seen a movie. But he loves ancient Egypt. About once a year I put The Mummy on for him and me to watch. Every time, after about the first 5 minutes he goes "Oh this is going to be a good movie, I can tell", and he thoroughly enjoys himself. He's probably seen it 15 times.

LORD 😂😂😂😂😂

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
This was one of the first films I saw in the cinema and it was so much fun.
Hell yeah it is. The video game is just Devil May Cry, too. Seriously. It really is.
OK we know the original Mummy is great but what did everyone think of the sequels?
I honestly love The Mummy Returns more than the first. Yes the Rock/Scorpion CG is hilariously garbage but the rest of that movie is just as much of a blast as the first. Even with Alex. It's hard to write a kid character into a movie like that, obviously written for child audiences, and not make him feel forcibly annoying or just genuinely awful, but I never felt that way. He always seemed just fine to me.

Tomb of the Dragon Emperor...honestly was really forgettable. It wasn't great, and a chunk of that falls on Rachel Weisz not coming back. The rest was it being just okay. Had a weird sense of humor to it (the yetis doing field goal kicks).

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
I thought we all agreed that "Last Crusade" was the best Indy movie, so they're saying it's Crusade > Mummy > Raiders.

I mean Raiders is good but does Raiders have Sean Connery killing Nazis with a flock of seagulls? No it doesn't. Or Indy killing Nazis with a flagpole?

okay, but raiders has top men working on it right now

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Shit I should watch this film as soon as I get home
I wouldn't even call it a guilty pleasure, it's a legitimately great fantasy action film. It's a shame the sequels were complete garbage. They should have gone with the original idea of the characters encountering a different Universal monster in each movie, but the studio chickened out and decided mummies and sand effects were the reason people liked the first one.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
They could've just shown this single scene repeatedly in the theatre and people still would've left satisfied. But no, they filmed an extra 120 minutes of incredible cinematic art around it. Amazing movie.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Mummy is proof that even the most mediocre or just outright bad directors have a least ONE great film in them.

See also: Event Horizon for Paul WS Anderson.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So my memory played tricks on me here, on a rewatch that shit doesnt not hold up, you never see the chair connect, they do a cut halfway through it and if anything it hits him on the heels.

Shit throw, shit take, shit cinematography. Saved by the SFX and the quote

Amspicora

Oct 29, 2017
Tomb of the Dragon Emperor...honestly was really forgettable. It wasn't great, and a chunk of that falls on Rachel Weisz not coming back. The rest was it being just okay. Had a weird sense of humor to it (the yetis doing field goal kicks).

Honestly, I think they tried to get Rachel Weisz for the third movie, but from what I've read in the past she laughed at the script... and rightfully I'd say.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
People laughed at me back in '99 when I said this was a much better film than The Phantom Menace.

Well, who's laughing now?...................................Me, that's who.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I read somewhere that the chair received a prestigious "woody" from SAG (Seat Acting Guild).

Last edited:

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I am so happy that my first post back from my ban gets to be in this thread. Makes me believe that maybe God has a plan for all of us.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
The Mummy was amazing, it managed to be both funny and a really good adventure film.
Too bad the sequels were so trashy :(