• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I think Brendan can carry more Mummy movies, the world probably hates bald Brendan Frasers though

edit: I would not mind bald Brendan Fraser

Last edited:

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't even call it a guilty pleasure, it's a legitimately great fantasy action film. It's a shame the sequels were complete garbage. They should have gone with the original idea of the characters encountering a different Universal monster in each movie, but the studio chickened out and decided mummies and sand effects were the reason people liked the first one.
Damn, what a missed opportunity. A shared universe centered on Brendan Fraser would have succeeded where Dark Universe later failed, and years earlier too!

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I really loved the idea of the monster universe or whatever it was called. It's q ahame it was executed poorly. But then we got that awesome take on the invisible man so..

Oct 30, 2017
Fraser Mummy was one of the very few times I felt compelled to watch a movie again while it was running in the theater.

I rarely, if ever, do that. Movie was just that entertaining.

Certainly had nothing to do with the date I dragged along to the theater.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
The only problem with this movie is that they killed the prison warden. I know he was just there to die, but still! He was more interesting than the guard of the temple.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
I know that the stunt double died from too much chair in his bloodstream but honestly I think if you'd have asked him beforehand he'd have wanted to go out like that.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I think The Mummy earned a place in the pantheon of best adventure movies along with Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Curse of the Black Pearl etc to name a few.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Lmao amazing thread

And I'm gonna be that guy that says this Mummy is a better Indiana Jones. Indy could never make that throw.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Lmao amazing thread

And I'm gonna be that guy that says this Mummy is a better Indiana Jones. Indy could never make that throw.
Let's not go too far..but just imagine if someone with half a brain could have made a crossover movie with with these two characters.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
9qZD.gif

I was looking for mummy .gifs. Found one.

What's real interesting about this game show is the contestants really did die...

___

If there was one movie that needs a true sequel and not a half assed Tom Cruise adaptation, it's this series. I wish they could get Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz back together for another film

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't even call it a guilty pleasure, it's a legitimately great fantasy action film. It's a shame the sequels were complete garbage. They should have gone with the original idea of the characters encountering a different Universal monster in each movie, but the studio chickened out and decided mummies and sand effects were the reason people liked the first one.
WHAT?

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Got the 4K Blu-Ray Trilogy really cheap on Amazon recently...chair throwin' in all its 4K HDR glory

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
We got Scorpion King-ed out of a potential Monster universe. What a fuckin' loss.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My dad is a dim-witted man. After a few months pass he can't remember having seen a movie. But he loves ancient Egypt. About once a year I put The Mummy on for him and me to watch. Every time, after about the first 5 minutes he goes "Oh this is going to be a good movie, I can tell", and he thoroughly enjoys himself. He's probably seen it 15 times.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
My dad is a dim-witted man. After a few months pass he can't remember having seen a movie. But he loves ancient Egypt. About once a year I put The Mummy on for him and me to watch. Every time, after about the first 5 minutes he goes "Oh this is going to be a good movie, I can tell", and he thoroughly enjoys himself. He's probably seen it 15 times.

This is amazing. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
My sister had a massive crush on Brendan Fraser when she was in high school.

That is all.

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I love that they made us watch this movie in high school to learn about ancient history or some shit.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of the OP is you used a picture of Wildlife Expert Jack Hanna instead of a picture of Actor John Hannah

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I love this movie so much. I wish they still made movies like this. Just pure entertainment.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
C'mon now, don't do Last Crusade dirty like that. I love "The Mummy," but I would still rather watch Indiana Jones 1 & 3.

*Quietly raises hand*

I'm still a fan of Temple of Doom, warts and all. The first 20 minutes and the last 40 minutes are pretty amazing. Pure cartoon bliss.
My sister had a massive crush on Brendan Fraser when she was in high school.

That is all.

He's not traditionally Hollywood handsome, but he is fairly attractive here.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I love the film but this also scared me so much it was my first film I watched in theatres I was 6 at the time. I went of the theatre at the time begging to buy some popcorn or use the restroom because stuff gave me a fright. Brendan Fraser was awesome action actor.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
The sheer savagery of throwing a chair at someone is hilarious.

The execution is what elevates it to legendary.