• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
This movie is legit a guilty pleasure, watched it a few days ago (for the first time in over a decade) and it's still entertaining af.

Hey, nothing guilty about it, it's a damn good entertaining movie. CGI is dated but has some very cool moments in it still. The mummy is genuinely impressive for it's time.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't even call it a guilty pleasure, it's a legitimately great fantasy action film. It's a shame the sequels were complete garbage. They should have gone with the original idea of the characters encountering a different Universal monster in each movie, but the studio chickened out and decided mummies and sand effects were the reason people liked the first one.
I never knew this and now I'm sad. Fuck, him with Frankenstein, Dracula and so on would've been amazing.

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
I argued with my friends for days and lost one of them due to the intensity of the argument over if a chair can be used as a throwing weapon. I watched this movie and was instantly proven wrong when I saw Brendan Fraser's immaculate throw. I was crushed and depressed for weeks. The movie was very good though.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
They should have gone with the original idea of the characters encountering a different Universal monster in each movie, but the studio chickened out and decided mummies and sand effects were the reason people liked the first one.
I never knew that was even considered and now I'm sad that we aren't in that timeline because that's the sort of film franchise I've been dreaming of for years.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't even call it a guilty pleasure, it's a legitimately great fantasy action film. It's a shame the sequels were complete garbage. They should have gone with the original idea of the characters encountering a different Universal monster in each movie, but the studio chickened out and decided mummies and sand effects were the reason people liked the first one.

I always enjoyed The Mummy as a guilty pleasure, didn't realize until a few years ago that the film had a following.

Though it makes sense considering this movie used to play on TV all the time.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
Just saw the movie a week ago on cable TV after years since the last time... And yes!! This is the epitome of fun adventure movies with likeable cast and characters all around, and with a spice of horror-flavor onto it.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

I'm imagining Brendan Fraser and the gang teaming up with Van Helsing to take on Dracula and now I'm sad it never happened.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018

Hey but instead we got the Hugh Jackman Van Helsing....

b8bd1c55b596e5190259f30fe45217c1e7b22572.gifv

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I love Brendan Fraser. I'm watching Doom Patrol right now and whenever he exclaims, "Fuck!", I crack a smile. He swears...perfectly.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
If this exact movie was made in 20-16 it would have successfully launched the Monster Movie Cinematic Universe

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
He actually trained for 2 weeks under the tutelage of a chair throwing master for that scene.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this thread will be updated whenever Brendan Frasier throws another chair

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The following story is not a lie. It is the absolute truth. Not being facetious or hyping this up.

I went to see this movie instead of going to my Senior Prom and I have ZERO regrets. Went with this girl I really liked, and every time I see Brendan Fraser, it reminds me of the date.

I own this on BR; I should buy it in 4K.

The guilty pleasure is the second movie. There are some (most) parts that make my eyes roll, but I really liked all of the actors in the movie, so yeah. Now the third one? That's trash and should never be mentioned.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a fun movie when I saw it originally and now I see it terribly...

A terribly fun movie

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
That incredible chair throw every time

tenor.gif

The Mummy '99 is endlessly rewatchable, despite certain aged aspects.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I've always had a probably irrational hatred for this movie despite never seeing it. Every clip I've seen has made me never want to watch it.