• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I saw this movie at a midnight showing all those years ago. I swear to god, this scene had me pissing myself so much my sides were hurting from laughter.

There's probably some stuff that hasn't aged well in this movie considering when it was made, but this scene man. Goddamn.

TheOther

Jan 10, 2019
Texas
I loved this movie when it came out. I haven't seen it in YEARS.

Trying to kill the cow in the road was hilarious.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I went to see this in theaters on a bad date.

I don't remember the date too well, but I remember laughing extra hard at this movie.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
One of my dad's favorite movies of all time. Any time he wants to watch it I'm happy to oblige, but yeah, some of it hasn't aged well.

The brothers were so good though too. I always liked that they seemed to love him so much and they all supported each other. It was one of those things where I laughed at it but even back then something in the back of my mind told me that's how people *should* treat each other.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
When I was in jail they were playing this. Best part of me going to jail. Oh and someone lending me their cassette player/radio and Piano Man was playing. So got to hear that on the headphones before bed one night.

Good movie. Bad times lmao

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had 100% forgotten this movie, and actually liked it a lot back then. I need to check if it's on a streaming service.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
The thing that really cracks me up is how the hell did all of them fit in the little house by the end. And I miss Anthony Anderson. He's funny in a lot of movies but he hasn't been in anything as of late.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
All the arguing and shit-talking and then all 3 grown men sincerely giving dad a kiss on the cheek is what I remembered from this scene the most. It's great.

True that, showing intimacy between men didn't happen a lot 20 years ago (and it still doesn't), even between a father and his son(s).

It's a real shame too because the lack of intimacy in the lives of most men (outside of their partner/spouse) is a massive problem. Intimacy and sex aren't the same thing, way too many don't understand that. Too many men are suffering when they don't have to. I should make a thread about it one day.

Last edited:

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. I repeat: price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. That's Vagiclean. We've got a customer down here with a full-on fallopian fungus. She's baking a loaf of bread and I think it's sourdough.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Only seen this once when it came out and didn't think much of it. I should give it a rewatch

Oct 26, 2017
The thing that really cracks me up is how the hell did all of them fit in the little house by the end. And I miss Anthony Anderson. He's funny in a lot of movies but he hasn't been in anything as of late.
I feel like he faded into the shadows a bit after this last round of sexual assault allegations in 2018.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Low-key this is the funniest Jim Carrey movie don't at me.

The cottonmouth scene still absolutely destroys me.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Shit is HILARIOUS. I love how he starts reading the german all angrily.

"Well then GET THE MOTHERFUCKA OFF THE GROUND!"

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised at the reaction here. I haven't seen it since it first came out but remember it being just okay. I guess I'll have to give it a re-watch.

Good music though.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised at the reaction here. I haven't seen it since it first came out but remember it being just okay. I guess I'll have to give it a re-watch.

Good music though.

Yeah, didn't really care for this movie (nice cameo by Shannon Whirry though). Might be worth a revisit sometime. The kids were the best thing about this movie. I remember the talk being that if Irene did well, they wanted to give the kids a spin-off movie.

Farrellys' always come through with a good selection of tunes in their movies. Found out about Ivy and The Modern Lovers when I first saw There's Something About Mary back in middle school.

Also this winner from Kingpin:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I remember being in tears the first time I watched the film, was one of my favourite comedies at the time.

Might have to give it a rewatch some point soon.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
It's my favorite Jim Carrey film hands down. Not a popular opinion but it's one I'll take to the grave...I mean if nothing better comes out.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
The guy's like origami: he folds under pressure.

Just because I rock doesn't mean I'm made of stone.

Yeah, best Jim Carrey film IMO.

I've never been one for buying films, I've got about ten, but this is one of them.