• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

The Room Coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray August 11th | High-Def Digest

'The latest news on all things 4k Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Gear'

The Room 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Technical Specifications
  • NEW - 4K restoration from Digital HD source elements, mastered in Dolby Vision HDR.
  • NEW - Dolby Atmos Audio for a rich auditory experience with an enhanced sexy soundtrack.
  • NEW - Tommy Wiseau Audio Commentary
  • NEW - Live Audience Participation Audio Track – Throw spoons at your own TV experience!
  • NEW - Behind The Scenes Documentary from Tommy's videotape archives.
  • NEW - Me And My Pal – retrospective of the endearing friendship between Tommy and Greg.
  • NEW - That Disaster Movie is No Good – Tommy reviews The Disaster Artist in-depth scene-by-scene rebuttal of events depicted in the Golden Globe-winning film.

The_Room_-_4K_Ultra_HD_Blu-ray.png

giphy.gif

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read once that Tommy Wiseau was actually independently wealthy and financed the whole thing out of his own pocket.

Feb 1, 2018
At some point i had a box full of The Room frisbies that were considered trash, I regret not holding on to them since the movie is so huge now

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I read once that Tommy Wiseau was actually independently wealthy and financed the whole thing out of his own pocket.
This very true. He had a bottomless bank account and the closest anyone could get to figuring out where it came from is a jeans company

Yes this is real. iirc this commercial was JUST to get a SAG card.

Also that off-brand Back to the Future music

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't have been surprised if this happened following how the movie and Tommy bounced back into the spotlight with The Disaster Artist, but I wonder how good quality the master recordings even are and if they exist somewhere.

Wasn't this movie also shot both on film and digital because of Tommy being Tommy?

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
I highly recommend reading The Disaster Artist. Great book and you'll get all sorts of insane stories about Wiseau in it. The man is out of his mind and I love him for it.

Get the audiobook. Greg Sestero does amazing Tommy impersonations (actual legit good ones, it is way better than the Tommy from the movie version of The Disaster Artist) and makes the stories about the production of the movie so much better.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Guy owns prime real estate down by the tourism area of San Francisco. There's a building that has had a giant advertisement for the film for like several years now. Apparently at one point he also owned huge plots of highly sought after commercial real estate around San Francisco. He was definitely able to self finance the Room even if it was a spectacularly expensive film for what it was.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I absolutely love how the Blu-ray came with an advertisement/mail order form for Tommy Wiseau-brand underwear.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
This was the first thing on their news page today but I didn't notice that it was posted April 1st. I'm so sorry, everyone.
I thought it was real too, until I saw this:

• NEW - Dolby Atmos Audio for a rich auditory experience with an enhanced sexy soundtrack.
Then again, that's something Tommy Wisseau would say haha.,

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Get the audiobook. Greg Sestero does amazing Tommy impersonations (actual legit good ones, it is way better than the Tommy from the movie version of The Disaster Artist) and makes the stories about the production of the movie so much better.
Seconding this. The audiobook is great. A must-listen for anyone who's interested in The Room or Tommy Wiseau's story.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This joke wasn't researched very well.
The Room was also shot on film and that's definitely what they'd use for a UHD release.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This may just be an April Fools joke, so we're going to lock it until other sources confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.