• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
The Rock should be the one running as President. Have him give a rock bottom to Trump through the oval office desk when Trump doesn't allow a peaceful transition of power.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
dwayne johnson has 199 million followers on instagram. his account is only behind ariana grande, cristiano ronaldo, and 'instagram'. he also put votesaveamerica.com in the description of his account.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
good and lots of non-political types do love the rock, so hopefully this does move the needle a bit. especially in terms of encouraging people to vote!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I don't like this, I don't like that two future probable world leaders need to sit down with The Rock as a barometer to earn his respect and pass that along through twitter to move the needle in who is best to lead the country. I dunno.
This doesn't hurt anyone, only helps whatever number of people who might be swayed to hopefully vote for Biden.

This election can't be a "well, they could do better", it's life or death for this country. Whatever it fucking takes

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
You should follow him on Twitter. Batista HATES Trump.

Not sure about Cena but he's come out in support of progressive issues in the past.

Off the top of my head, I know that CM Punk, Mick Foley and Daniel Bryan won't be voting for Trump either.
Stone cold probably hates him too.

He's shown support to progressive ideas in the past and was shooting on anti maskers and pro confederate flag idiots this year

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It has been years since I have seen someone call themselves a centrist.
A lot of people still internalize centrism, moderation, being a bipartisan swing voter etc. as signs of an intellectual and being a thoughtful person, for whatever reason. You're willing to hear out both sides.

This is actually a big reason why Biden had as much success in the primaries as he did (and will hopefully win in November) - he comes off like a reasonable guy who doesn't necessarily hold being a Republican against someone, although he obviously hates Trump. It's something you're not really going to see on a place like Era where everyone's takes are colored in by Very Online sources.

Anyway, The Rock's endorsement shouldn't be a deciding factor for people, but it absolutely will be for a few. Glad we're getting all hands on deck here, hoping for a big, blowout win that Trump can't possibly contest.

I don't get these celebrity endorsements. Are people really undecided at this point?
In a poll that came out this morning, Biden leads Trump 49-41 nationally. 10% are either undecided or pissing their vote away.

So yes.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I feel like you're misreading the situation.
Nah I get it, it's more I just don't like the way things are but I recognize that's how they are. I'm also thinking down the road, like Rock has a more than zero chance of running at some point, and imagine the day where he goes to Harris if he's leading and it's "I endorsed you, now return the favor". He's flirted with it, he might very well have those aspirations, I don't want The Rock as president and I don't know that the dude is doing this just out of nobility or whatever.

I don't think it's a hot take to not wish statespeople with decades of public service had to sit down with celebrities to get endorsed to sway the electorate even if that's the current reality but if it is I guess I'm just out of touch.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Maybe Austin has changed but I could've sworn he said he voted for Trump in the 2016 election.
Austin had been very vocal about supporting progressive issues like lgbtq rights and was for a mask mandate (even going so far to say it was a matter of caring for your fellow man). I'd bet strongly against him being a Trump supporter, whether he voted for him in 2016 or not.

Honestly, I can't see any wrestler who ever had to deal with old school promoters supporting Trump. He's a carny asshole through and through.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
Between The Rock, Nash, Austin, Foley, Sabu (lol), etc. it's like the late 90s / early 2000s wrestling mainstays are all relatively left leaning progressives.

Good shit.

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
The Rock is the biggest movie star in the world and he has a massive social media following

This is a big endorsement

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Lol at the salt in the replies. Someone actually said that celebs should stay out of politics 😂

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
jesus... dude looks jacked AF

i know its THE ROCK and all but he's isn't he 50 now or something

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Don't even care what any major celeb or figures ulterior motives are at this point w a Biden endorsement. It's all hands

Mekanos

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 17, 2018
The Rock unironically calling himself a centrist is pretty cringe lol.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Very Cool of DJ ( lol) to publicly endorse for the first time a particular candidate. Am pretty sure McMahons are not happy with him at the moment.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
And his Facebook post is full of replies from the usual crowd. It's a saltmine 😂 Someone actually said "Celebrities should stick to entertaining us and staying out of politics".