• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty awesome of him, considering that he owes Vince McMahon so much, plus his fanbase.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can imagine he's probably been pissed with how Republicans have handled COVID-19

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Non wrestling fans love The Rock to a scary degree.
I think this will actually get a bit of traction and maybe pull some younger voters.
Not a lot but elections are won by not a lot.

Dude worked his arse off to get out of the shadow of the WWE and it worked. He's a big enough name now that major franchises like Fast and Furious will bring him in to bail them out and he's getting into the superhero genre too. I know it sounds like a weird thing to say but I'm proud of him.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty good, given how many people assume he would never endorse a dem candidate

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Don't discount the wight of these things among certain people. Taylor Swift posted something political on her IG for the first time in 2018 and there was a large spike - 100k or so increase - in young registrations in the next 24 hours alone.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
So many delicious Trump supporting tears in that twitter thread.

I can imagine he's probably been pissed with how Republicans have handled COVID-19
Yep, especially when him and his family all caught covid but they all recovered. I don't know what's his political stance prior to covid, but nothing like having a brush with death to make you reconsider a few things.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
482c4c5b1f127b6d0791d698a87ebbbec89d2a6b.gif

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most of my workout shirts are Rock Armour shirts, so this is a relief. Yes, I'm a mark.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
There will be quite butthurt over this, good for him to realize what is at stake here.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
Never would I have imagined when I met the Rock at an autograph signing at the mall when I was a teenager that someday I would be cheering on his critical presidential endorsement over President Donald Trump.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Never would I have imagined when I met the Rock at an autograph signing at the mall when I was a teenager that someday I would be cheering on his critical presidential endorsement over President Donald Trump.

That's on you for not believing that "crazy homeless man" who accosted you after the event. He WAS a time traveler.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Nash is also good people. We just need DDP to support Biden, so both people's champions can live their gimmick.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Dude worked his arse off to get out of the shadow of the WWE and it worked. He's a big enough name now that major franchises like Fast and Furious will bring him in to bail them out and he's getting into the superhero genre too. I know it sounds like a weird thing to say but I'm proud of him.

Okay so I wanna express what I'm about to say without sounding like I'm challenging you but I do feel strongly about this so bear with me.
I've just seen a lot of bad (my evaluation) stuff about and from him. I want to believe he's a naïve optimist but underestimating the
intelligence and motives of a third generation carnie is what got us Vince McMahon. All I'll say is this, people do grow up and out
of habits and personalities. The past is written, the future is not, yadda yadda yadda.

But Johnson is a political animal and expert opportunist, right or wrong, that's what got him to the dance.
I believe this endorsement is largely dispassionate. Biden wins, hooray. But what if trump wins? We all know he'll destroy this country.
Johnson wants to be able to say "I didn't want to get into politics but now..." and the irony is the non marks fall for it.

I think he's a very smart person who will run for Governor soon. But I don't like him.

Deleted member 4874

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the more surprising endorsements I've seen in a while. He probably has the greatest mass market appeal of any working actor today and making any sort of political statement besides platitudes is practically verboten.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
The comments are delicious because they are so restrained they are that dissapointed.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Which ex-wrestlers are voting for Trump? I don't see John Cena or Batista being the Republican types...

You should follow him on Twitter. Batista HATES Trump.

Not sure about Cena but he's come out in support of progressive issues in the past.

Off the top of my head, I know that CM Punk, Mick Foley and Daniel Bryan won't be voting for Trump either.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I hate that I understood the thread title.

But good to see more Biden support. We need more of that.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I don't like this, I don't like that two future probable world leaders need to sit down with The Rock as a barometer to earn his respect and pass that along through twitter to move the needle in who is best to lead the country. I dunno.