• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fitzgerald

Feb 23, 2018
HAYWARD, Calif. (Reuters) - Darting around the pool as a group of swimmers stands in the shallow end, the dolphin looks much like those that jump through hoops and perform acrobatics at theme parks.

But this marine creature is a robot.

"When I first saw the dolphin, I thought it could be real," said a woman who swam with the remote-controlled creature.
Source

Searched and didn't find any other threads
This looks crazy realistic yo

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Beyond the costs, what is stopping them from selling these as robot pets?
Wonder if there's an owl version

blade_runner_owl.jpg

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Thought it was a robot and how cool that was until i saw the controller. So not a robot but basically a theme park animatronic. Still really well done, but weve got to the point were theme park animatronics from disney and universal feel nearly real (or even like a real cartoon of thats what they are persuing).
Disney even has a spiderman animatromic that fucking jumps in the sky and everything lol

Really well done of course, very realistic swiming movements, it could be cool to have in waterparks.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty fucking dystopian to imagine humanity just replacing life with robotic imitations of it.

But it looks cool and helps in this case

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty fucking dystopian to imagine humanity just replacing life with robotic imitations of it.

But it looks cool and helps in this case
I would argue that the present in which we murder, capture and enslave dolphins for our trivial pleasure is more dystopian that that.

This time last week I was watching pods of wild dolphins jumping through the waves in Hokkaido. Amazing and so much better than the horrors people pay for when they visit aquariums etc.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would argue that the present in which we murder, capture and enslave dolphins for our trivial pleasure is more dystopian that that.

This time last week I was watching pods of wild dolphins jumping through the waves in Hokkaido. Amazing and so much better than the horrors people pay for when they visit aquariums etc.

You're not wrong that it's terrible and should end but I dont see how it's worse than mass extinction.

As I said in this instance this robot can do good.