• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Trying to stay out of Endgame-related stuff out of fear of spoilers. Figured this would be a safe place to post.

Do we know when the review embargo is?

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trying to stay out of Endgame-related stuff out of fear of spoilers. Figured this would be a safe place to post.

Do we know when the review embargo is?
April 23 at 3 p.m. PT
i will have seen it by then, which is great. i hate knowing review scores beforehand and i just can't not look.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed The Dark World more than I thought I would upon revisit. Winter Soldier time now. Fuck yes.

Movies Anywhere is your friend. Syncs all that shit up.

If you live in the US..

I'm hoping that with ultraviolet shutting down we might get movies anywhere in the UK/Europe

I did use movies anywhere with a VPN to sync to iTunes US and handily google playback UK

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
April 23 at 3 p.m. PT
i will have seen it by then, which is great. i hate knowing review scores beforehand and i just can't not look.
Reviews for Marvel movies have historically meant very little for me. Reviews made me think I wouldn't love GotGW2, where it's easily one of the best MCU films for me.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
MCU Rewatch Day 16: Spider-Man Homecoming

I had a business trip last night, so i planed a skip-day into my rewatch.

I really like this one. Tom Holland is the best Peter Parker. Able to be the smart-ass and the genius. The story is fun and low-key compared to other Marvel Films, and think did a good job making Peter the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. I love the scene of him just helping out people around down and interacting with people.

Also glad they just brushed aside the whole origin story thing.

Michael Keaton can be so fucking scary when he needs to be. Vulture was great in this. I remember seeing this on opening night, and the theater laughing and enjoying the montage of Peter getting ready for the Dance. Then he shows up at Liz's house, and Keaton opens the door, and the theater went dead silent. No one saw it coming and everyone was just as shocked as Peter was. I'd argue there is no more tense scene in the MCU than this one in the car.

Side Note: 8 Years pass between Avengers 1 and Civil War. I wonder why they chose 8 years (only 4 years between those movies).

Side Note 2: I wonder if we'll see "Cap's new shield" in Endgame that they mention in this.

That whole bit with the house and car is fantastic

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been rewatching some of the movies as well, and I finally watched the entirety of Thor 2 for the first time ever. Oh, what a mistake that was.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched CM last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Wasn't my favourite or anything, but it was fun. Bring on Endgame!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly caught up, albeit with a higgledy piggledy approach. Feel like doing a couple more before this time next week when i'm Watching endgame. Perhaps the iron man/cap/Thor origin movies

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
MCU Rewatch Day 17: Thor - Ragnarok

"Finally a good Thor movie" ~ Uncultured people that don't appreciate Thor 1

Clear they wanted to make Thor more like Guaridans of the Galaxy, and it worked well. This movie was really good. Lots of good comedy, good action. Decision to make it a buddy film with Hulk was a good one. I hope rumors of Taika Waititi coming back for the next Thor film are true. Great supporting cast in this. Add me to the list of propel that want a Collector and Grandmaster film someday.

Hela certainty wasn't a well developed villain, but she was a lot of fun. Cate Blanchett hamming it up was great.

I love that they brought back the Thor 1 theme for the ending.

The biggest "flaw" in the movie for me is the marketing. I really wish they had kept Hulk out of all the marketing. How cool would it have been to be there in the theater, get to the Colosseum scene, and not know who was about to show up.

Side Note: Warriors Three got done dirty.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched Rag tonight too.
Prob a top3 MCU movie for me.
My biggest gripe will always be the poor makeup/CG for thor's missing eye haha.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Age of Ultron down

I've always liked this one more than most and hey what do you know, it's still a great movie. got a feeling it's only going to be strengthened by Endgame. after seeing Infinity War it honestly solidified Age of Ultron as being one of the most important MCU films. that movie contains the DNA of the entire MCU.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Age of Ultron down

I've always liked this one more than most and hey what do you know, it's still a great movie. got a feeling it's only going to be strengthened by Endgame. after seeing Infinity War it honestly solidified Age of Ultron as being one of the most important MCU films. that movie contains the DNA of the entire MCU.

The Russos have really done a lot with CW & IW to elevate AoU in retrospect. It was already a solid movie, now it's a very meaningful chapter in this story.

Oct 28, 2017
The biggest "flaw" in the movie for me is the marketing. I really wish they had kept Hulk out of all the marketing. How cool would it have been to be there in the theater, get to the Colosseum scene, and not know who was about to show up.

I like the movie but is it possible for Ragnarok to have a serious moment for like a minute? Like just one?

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't Loki take the tesseract from fury in the end credits scene of Thor 1 when he was disguised as Dr. Selvic? Me and my boy were just wondering

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the movie but is it possible for Ragnarok to have a serious moment for like a minute? Like just one?
It had plenty of serious moments.
They had to put Hulk in the marketing, especially with all the leaks of early concept and whatnot. Also the series being in a bad spot means it needed all the help it could get.
Why didn't Loki take the tesseract from fury in the end credits scene of Thor 1 when he was disguised as Dr. Selvic? Me and my boy were just wondering
Doesn't this directly link to avengers ?
Also I thought this scene would have been a cap after credit since the tesseract doesn't exist before cap's movie but I haven't seen this in a while. Cap's after credit is the gym scene I think so it could be Thor but no mention of the tesseract I guess ?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
MCU Rewatch Day 18: Black Panther

Another winner. Fun story, great characters, and (outside some spotty cgi at the end), a great aesthetic. This movie made Wakanda come alive in ways other MCU movies haven't with their world. I think the closest comparison would be Asgard, and much as I love Asgard, I feel like we know so much more about Wakanda in one movie, than we do about Asgard in three.

If the movie has a weak link, I think it's T'Challa himself. I thought he was much more interesting in Civil War (and I liked the costume better in that too). I'm not saying he was bad in this movie, just that he got overshadowed. I would rather see a movie about Shuri (seriously, she is the best thing about this movie, and I was really let down that she got snapped off screen), or Nakia, or Okoye, or a Killmonger prequel story. Even Bilbo and Gollum were a load of fun in this movie.

I don't really hold the CGI against the movie. Yeah, it's bad, but it doesn't take me out of the enjoyment of the film.

Side Note: I love ham, but I think Forest Whitaker served a little too much of it.

Side Note 2: Wakanda seems REALLY hyporitical about wanting oversight for the Avengers given that they have no problem going on secret missions into sovereign countries and wreaking havoc.

Last edited:

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Despite reading so many spoilers and choice leaked clips a still don't really know whats going on lol. There are so many spoilers and they vary so much that even the ones that have commonalities diverge in certain aspects which makes them seem fake. I get the idea but the context of everything and sequencing is so out of whack that I still feel like I'm going in fresh. It's pretty amazing actually.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility towards other members, previous warnings
Despite reading so many spoilers and choice leaked clips a still don't really know whats going on lol. There are so many spoilers and they vary so much that even the ones that have commonalities diverge in certain aspects which makes them seem fake. I get the idea but the context of everything and sequencing is so out of whack that I still feel like I'm going in fresh. It's pretty amazing actually.
Can you fuck off tho

Oct 31, 2017
4 days away from seeing this movie, I don't want to see or read anything about spoilers or what impressions they've made on people who've read them.

Double Toasted did a video talking about "are spoilers that bad?"... I haven't watched that or a single video of their's since. Warning or not, it's not cute to me.

Don't even allude to possible spoilers, it's not cute

Last edited:

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Age Of Ultron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Avengers 1

8dz5SUy.gif

Infinity War strengthened that sentiment with their division and ultimate failure to Thanos. Endgame gonna back it up with the OG six being left post-snap.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to watching Ant-Man and the Wasp today, it's the only MCU film I hadn't seen. I liked the first movie well enough, but I think this was much better. Felt a lot more fun.

I liked the ties to Infinity War at the very end too. I wonder how Scott's gonna get out of the Quantum Realm in Endgame.

Definitely going to rewatch Infinity War on Wednesday... Trying to decide if I also want to rewatch Captain Marvel tomorrow or Tuesday.

Last edited:

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
8dz5SUy.gif

Infinity War strengthened that sentiment with their division and ultimate failure to Thanos. Endgame gonna back it up with the OG six being left post-snap.
I feel like Infinity War made me like Avengers 2 and Cap 3 even more, retroactively. I was pretty lukewarm on A2 after the first time seeing it but seeing how it ties into the franchise now makes me appreciate it way more.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So I just re-watched Avengers (Assemble) and, yeah, was a really good film. Looked like a TV show but the pacing and most of the action really shined.

One question, though:
What was the difference between the Tesseract (the cube thingy) and the blue thing in Loki's sceptre? Which one is the infinity stone and what infinity stone is it?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So I just re-watched Avengers (Assemble) and, yeah, was a really good film. Looked like a TV show but the pacing and most of the action really shined.

One question, though:
What was the difference between the Tesseract (the cube thingy) and the blue thing in Loki's sceptre? Which one is the infinity stone and what infinity stone is it?
The Tesseract is the blue space stone. While the one in Loki's scepter is the yellow mind stone. Mind stone was blue in Avengers but they changed it later.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe its coming out this week. We just watched the first Avengers last night, Age of Ultron tonight, Infinity War tomorrow and then Ant Man and the Wasp on Thursday night.

Why did make the stone on Loki's scepter blue and not yellow? Whedon wasn't thinking that far ahead right? Because there a few scenes where the scepter is affecting everybody's mind in its general vicinity.

Ah well what an amazing run it's been.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched Civil War, Doctor Strange, and now Guardians 2 today. The end of Guardians Vol. 2 always fucking destroys me.

Breaking for Game of Thrones, then I'll end the night with Homecoming.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe its coming out this week. We just watched the first Avengers last night, Age of Ultron tonight, Infinity War tomorrow and then Ant Man and the Wasp on Thursday night.

Why did make the stone on Loki's scepter blue and not yellow? Whedon wasn't thinking that far ahead right? Because there a few scenes where the scepter is affecting everybody's mind in its general vicinity.

Ah well what an amazing run it's been.

I think, originally, the scepter was powered by the tesserect/space stone, and was only changed when they went with the infinity gauntlet story.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
A couple of quick questions, when will the Review thread get started, when will the OT get started? Or will this just be the OT?

Are people already assigned?

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone see fox tonight? I think we had the first fox /Disney synergy. They had new endgame previews on Simpsons bobs burger and family guy with Paul Rudd.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Civil War down. such a strong movie.

doing Guardians Vol. 2 tomorrow, Ragnarok Tuesday, Infinity War Wednesday, and then Endgame Thursday

getting to be that time

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I rewatched IW today and I found it pretty funny how people misremembered Dr Stranges capabilities in the film in that "Civl War is inconsequential" thread.

They can't find Vision and Strange does not offer to do it nor locates him. When on Maw's ship, Strange is the one asking Tony if he can get them home.

Lol Strange aint the magic instant transport wizard everyone thinks he is.haha