• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I found one in my parents house when I went to take a shit in their bathroom and I almost died of a heart attack. Then I run to spray the fucker and it died in the most gruesome disgusting way I've ever seen complete with running around like crazy in the sink, going face up, flailing its multiple legs, shitting itself and finally stopped moving. I swear the fucker yelled something when it died. FUCK the memories

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_nw9xguZlkm1qjcyqno1_500.gif

Sweet.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I found one in my parents house when I went to take a shit in their bathroom and I almost died of a heart attack. Then I run to spray the fucker and it died in the most gruesome disgusting way I've ever seen complete with running around like crazy in the sink, going face up, flailing its multiple legs, shitting itself and finally stopped moving. I swear the fucker yelled something when it died. FUCK the memories
Nightmare fuel.
Imagine it call out to it's siblings.... to avenge it, blood for blood!

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
What's the most temperate state in the US that doesn't have these?

I don't really like the cold but don't want to deal with these monsters (although the giant otter was pretty cute).

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I've watched a flying behemoth survive a 30 second Raid spray down. Every time I walk outside it feels like I'm in a John Woo directed "Joe's Apartment" reboot.

I'm genuinely terrified of that because I've never seen anything survive more than a second from a can of raid. I've seen that shit kill everything from ants to bedbugs in less than a few seconds.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I've never seen a roach here in any place I've lived in Michigan, but those fucking marmorated stink bugs will be making their way indoors soon.

I've heard tell of these things in my parent's place in Florida, but I feel lucky to not have seen them any time I've been around. The only thing I feel actually fearful of are mice/insects invading a home.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
It's all fun and games until one of those fuckers flies and you need to GTFO yelling like a mad man and pleading for mercy.

vitamind

Nov 1, 2018
I use the Raid wasp spray so that I can stand 100 ft away. I sprayed one once and literally on the ceiling it made a fucking diarrhea trail.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It took me a good year or two of living here to come to terms with the fact that seeing the occasional roach inside your home is "normal" after 35 years of living in Chicago. When I saw one for the first time I was ready to turn the place inside out or call the exterminator until everyone around me talked me off the ledge.

They are definitely part of life here, but the big brown American Cockroaches are not a big concern once you get used to them. Keep your house clean, check it regularly especially after a period of rain, and you'll be fine. I haven't seen any inside my house in a good year and a half.

German Cockroaches, though - those can be a real problem if even one or two make their way inside. When Hurricane Irma hit, we hosted a couple of family friends who were at risk of losing their home. One of them brought a few cardboard boxes of supplies in, and with it came a couple of German Cockroaches. It took me a good three weeks of laying down traps, poisons, and just emptying out my entire kitchen and both bathrooms before we stopped seeing one scurry across the floor at night. I was losing sleep, I became obsessed, but I knew that if you let them go unchecked they breed like no other and they get into everything. Preventing them from getting a foothold in my home was the most critical thing. No good deed goes unpunished I guess! When Dorian was forecast to come this way we actually told the same people that they could come back, but they couldn't bring any supplies and that we would take care of it. I wasn't going to risk that problem coming back!

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I see maybe one or two every few months in South Florida. I know they are here, but I just don't see them at all. Maybe the big ass lizards I have all over the house eat them.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
maaaaaaaan

fuck these roach fucks

how many times i gotta clear our a dead relatives house

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
We may have Brexit in the U.K., but at least we don't have fucking Roaches

(Please no one tell me that we can get them here too)

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Yes they fucking are.

When I was living down there I had to live to learn with them no matter how clean the house was.

Deleted member 889

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'm remembering the time I was riding my bike through the Trails of Fort Clinch in Fernandina Beach. Ran face first into a Banana spider web. Threw my bike down and screamed and flailed praying it wasnt on my face. The webbing was so thick you could barely see my hair. God what a nightmare. Their webbing is actually yellow too. I know it's about the roaches but figured I'd share some other Florida insect / arachnid love.

Oh god. I used to vacation in South Carolina, where there were so many of these spiders. I still have nightmares about running face first into one of their webs. Glad it wasn't on your face.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god. I used to vacation in South Carolina, where there were so many of these spiders. I still have nightmares about running face first into one of their webs. Glad it wasn't on your face.

Of course it was on my face. I rode directly into it. Goosebumps just remembering it.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Can they fly though? Roaches in South East Asia fly at you the second you look at them.

Yes. Yes, they can.

:(

I'm genuinely terrified of that because I've never seen anything survive more than a second from a can of raid. I've seen that shit kill everything from ants to bedbugs in less than a few seconds.

Yeah it's fucking bonkers. I've fought the Skynet Roach many times in my life. I hate it here. Lol

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Palmetto bugs aren't scary. They also have ones that fly and splat on your windshield when you drive. Good times.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Flying cockroaches are terrifying. The sound they make still haunts my dreams.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the advantages of living in the greater Seattle area is that we have pretty small bugs. Nothing even remotely close to that one in the guy's hands.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm remembering the time I was riding my bike through the Trails of Fort Clinch in Fernandina Beach. Ran face first into a Banana spider web. Threw my bike down and screamed and flailed praying it wasnt on my face. The webbing was so thick you could barely see my hair. God what a nightmare. Their webbing is actually yellow too. I know it's about the roaches but figured I'd share some other Florida insect / arachnid love.

SO HERE IS 2 pics.

banana-spider-size.jpg
golden-orb-weaver-web.jpg
Cool. Guess I'm not sleeping tonight

Get me out of this god-forsaken state

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
The one I sprayed yesterday finally curled up and died >24hrs later. Take that evolution!

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I live in the Tampa area for about 3 years now and still haven't actually seen one, but I know they're around somewhere. The only time I've seen them was in Belize, and they were about as large as a squirrel and loved flying at me. :(

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I lived in Florida for 4 years and didn't have a big problem with them. I grew up in a city and became pretty good at killing them. I usually use a combo of baits and spot spraying.

What really got to me in Florida were the giant spiders and dragon flies. I saw spiders the size of mice and those dragon flies were as big as birds.

I did get free pet lizards since they kept running into the apartment. On the bright side they also helped to keep the bugs at bay.

Oh then there were the bats.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
They were in Atlanta too. Grew up in Atlanta and thought that was normal roach size. I'll still take them over German cockroaches.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Shit like this makes living in the northeast and dealing with terrible long winters worth it

You guys have deer ticks/Lyme disease. Palmetto bugs are way better than that. They don't give you a horrible disease that stays with you for life if you don't catch it fast enough (which is easy to do cause the bug is as small as a sesame seed). And they're not ticks. That's in itself is an improvement.

I personally like the northwest. No Lyme disease or palmetto bugs and our worse spider is the hobo spider which there is some evidence that it's bite is not near as bad as the reputation says it is.