• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 10, 2019
Have you forgotten the duel against Kylo in TFA where Rey willingly opens up to the Force to defeat him. Then she stalks him like a predator after injuring him and is even willing to kill him if the ground didn't split up and separate the two. JJ confirmed in his commentary that he did this because otherwise Rey would kill him. And the novelization said that an evil voice was telling her to do this. Then in TLJ, we flat out hear Luke say that she didn't even try to turn away from the darkness and that it calls to her. And Kylo's vision that she will turn to the dark could align with what we've seen of Dark Rey.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
A significant time skip? It's literally a few months, six at most, if even. In fact, I've heard a lot of people complain about how different Luke was in ROTJ versus TESB and how all his development was skipped over onscreen. There's nothing in TLJ that Rey does that I would find inconsistent with TFA.
It's generally assumed to be about a year between ESB and RotJ. Yea it's fairly quick but that's at least some time. Rey's abilities from TFA to TLJ are consistent, I find the problem more so about how quick her progression is in TFA. Sounds like the novels explained that though in a fairly convincing way with the mindmeld in the torture scene caused her to learn a lot of Kylo's stuff.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Lmao movie comes out in like two days and still people coming in with incredibly specific " theories" or that spoiler avatar, you really can't help yourselves can you?

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Lmao movie comes out in like two days and still people coming in with incredibly specific " theories" or that spoiler avatar, you really can't help yourselves can you?
Stop trying to spoil the movie man!!!!! At this point I don't think it is possible but chill!!!

Nov 10, 2019
It's a theory that has been going around for a while, especially after this was released. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4k12QPAh_c

Have you guys really not seen that TV spot before? There's nothing I said that you wouldn't be able to piece together or assume from the content of that trailer.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I wonder if they will give Luke another movie after this. Who says they can't? And he clearly still loves the character.

Tho I will see if 8 even want that after this one.

n00bs7ay3r

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I'm thinking cloning especially with the look at Dark Rey because of Baby Yoda in The Mandalorian and the Imperial scientist wearing the Kamino emblem. It can't be a coincidence that the penultimate episode is being released right before TROS' release so I think the episode will have heavy implications. Kenobi could be another possibility though although I think that will tie more into Mando with Kenobi making an appearance there and saving young Mando.
Unfortunately I have not seen the Mandolorian though a co-worker of mine has talked about it a bit. It would be pretty good if they somehow tied it into the movies though. I am kind of leaning towards Rey being a Kenobi because that might give them some material to work with in that show. But I also have no idea how they are going to bring Palpatine back in a coherent way.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The leaks I have read I have not mentioned in any non-spoiler thread. The stuff I still do not know is what I am theorizing about like Rey's parents or how Snoke is connected to Palpatine. Y'all are absolutely paranoid.

If you've been in the leaks thread you shouldn't be theorising in no-spoiler threads full stop. That's just common sense and common courtesy.

Nov 10, 2019
Unfortunately I have not seen the Mandolorian though a co-worker of mine has talked about it a bit. It would be pretty good if they somehow tied it into the movies though. I am kind of leaning towards Rey being a Kenobi because that might give them some material to work with in that show. But I also have no idea how they are going to bring Palpatine back in a coherent way.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you hadn't seen the show. Do you live in a country that doesn't have Disney+ and The Mandalorian yet? I'm assuming you are familiar with Baby Yoda though.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The leaks I have read I have not mentioned in any non-spoiler thread. The stuff I still do not know is what I am theorizing about like Rey's parents or how Snoke is connected to Palpatine. Y'all are absolutely paranoid.
tumblr_inline_nggbh7wVpg1t3upa6.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it could be set between movies. Or maybe Luke didnt die?

I think having Luke just NOT die would be one of the biggest betrayals they could possibly do. "Surprise he was actually fine!" is a great way of even making it MORE clear that Lucasfilm hates TLJ, and that would be super cruel of them.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
First fake-stupid spoiler ban, huh?

tenor.gif

we're in it now folks

n00bs7ay3r

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
#1 I'm not your son or anybody's for that matter. Don't assume someone's gender next time around.

Ok. As somebody who has not seen any spoilers for The Rise of Skywalker I can say that nothing I have heard from ^ this person ^ has made me feel like they have been doing anything more than speculating. A lot of your responses have made me think that they might be right about some of that speculation though. Luckily I have heard so many theories that I don't know what to believe. But I would caution those who have read spoilers to hold their tongues when someone intentionally or unintentionally reveals something that happens in the movie. Your protest is actually revealing a lot more information than you probably are aware of.

n00bs7ay3r

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I think having Luke just NOT die would be one of the biggest betrayals they could possibly do. "Surprise he was actually fine!" is a great way of even making it MORE clear that Lucasfilm hates TLJ, and that would be super cruel of them.
I agree. I just think it could be something they do.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would you even post that lol. Like "oh gee yall heres my weirdly specific and detailed guess about what could happen in this one specific part of the plot.".

n00bs7ay3r

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Wow I can't believe someone from the spoiler thread is ruining yet another Star Wars thread. Again.
I agree. But how would anyone who has not been in the spoiler thread know that a spoiler is a legitimate spoiler? Like I have heard some protests to some posts that I would not have necessarily believed were spoilers if It wasn't for people getting upset about them